Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Fans United

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Browns Bills
September 7, 2014, 1:00pmET

CBS

Old 04-16-2009, 11:19 AM   #11
CaliSteelerFan
Water Boy

Member Number: 13398
Default Re: 'Burghers in exile

Born in Alexandria, VA raised in mid-PA, Bellwood, moved to Bakersfield, Ca in '82 and haven't been back. I miss it.
CaliSteelerFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2009, 03:57 AM   #12
PeckerWood
Team President

Member Number: 13275
Thanked 2,325 Times in 1,164 Posts
My Mood: Innocent

Born across the river from Wheeling WV. been a Steelers fan since 1970, moved 45 minutes from Cleveland in the early 70s. Was at the Steelers/Cleveland game in Cleveland when Turkey Jones piledrived Terry Bradshaw head first into the field. About 20 fights broke out around us I was 13 years old then. Never been to a Steelers game in Pittsburgh. Went to a couple of Pirates games at Three Rivers.

Live in Atlanta now a lot of Steelers bars in and around Atlanta. Been to two Steelers/ Falcons games on was a Monday Night game the other was a Sunday game in the 90s. At the Sunday game we got there early to people watch and saw so much black and gold go into the Georgia Dome I asked my dad when did they put a roof on Three Rivers. We all laughed because it was like a home game for the Steelers. Right then I know the Steelers Nation reached long and far.
PeckerWood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2009, 02:14 PM   #13
AllD
Team Owner

Member Number: 11931

Born at Children's Hospital in 1965 and moved to Florida with parents in 1971. ALWAYS a Steeler fan even though my mother turned into a traitor Dolphin fan. I remember every season since 1974.
AllD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2009, 08:20 PM   #14
alittlejazzbird
Team Captain

Member Number: 1403

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCSTILLER View Post
I am now in Charleston, SC and there is a huge Steelers following down here. In the immediate area of Charleston there are 5 die hard Steeler bars that I know of. For the Super Bowl there were probably about 75 Steelers fans at my buddies house watching the game, so no shortage of Pittsburgh influence on Sunday. Still miss the Burgh on some days, except when I am wearing shorts and a tee shirt in January and I think about the cold and snow up there. Like Hindes said, I have a constant craving for Primanti's sammiches.
SCStiller, I AM ON MY WAY TO CHARLESTON, AT LONG LAST!!!!!!!! We may have a buyer for our house, but even if we don't we're leaving New Jersey for Charleston right after New Year's. If we sell the house sooner, then we'll leave right after the closing.

I can't WAIT!!!!!! I look forward to watching the Steelers in the playoffs and winning Number Seven with all the Charleston Steeler fans!!!!!!
alittlejazzbird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 06:50 AM   #15
Venom
Team Captain

Member Number: 13824

I was born and raised in Brooklyn, N.Y and have been a Steeler fan ever since my dad bought me a Steeler t-shirt when I was 6 years old. 35 years later, still a Steeler fan !!!!
Venom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2009, 10:37 AM   #16
soulesslemming
Water Boy

Member Number: 15232

I live in colorado but am originally from mt. holly NJ, franco went to school with my mom, dad & uncles so they followed him wherever he went, lucky for me & my brothers he landed in pittsburgh. My dads actually a seahawks fan because he retired there, having allegiance to his childhood friend over the team. (sickening but understandable) Mt Holly's a tiny town (or was) with a K-12, so my grandma watched franco grow up & was so proud of him you'd of thought she had a personal stake in his success.
soulesslemming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2009, 10:03 AM   #17
tat2
Water Boy

Member Number: 14955

both parents were raised in curwensville. pop joined the army, i was born at ft. bragg, nc and have always lived here. learned what pro football was in the late 60's and HAD to be a steelers fan in our house.
not sure how pop became a yankees fan but i remember sitting with him in his vw in the driveway listening to the yankees on a.m. radio until it was bedtime.
tat2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2009, 11:45 AM   #18
AllD
Team Owner

Member Number: 11931

Born in Allegheny and raised in Miami/Ft. Lauderdale since the 1970s. I have always been a Steeler fan, even when the Fins went 17-0. My mother is a traitor and switched to the Fins because she used to babysit the coach.
Old 11-09-2009, 05:05 AM   #19
eafratitpm3
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 1192

Born and raised in Weirton W.Va in 1967 and a Steeler fan since I can remember. Retired from the Air Force in 2006 and currently live in Colorado Springs CO.
eafratitpm3 is offline   Reply With Quote