Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Miscellaneous > Locker Room

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Bills Bills
August 16th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 03-25-2009, 03:30 AM   #31
steelwall
Head Coach

Member Number: 8225
Default Re: Obama climate plan could cost $2 trillion

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony hipchest View Post
youre looking for that silver bullet, huh? in the real world there are no vampires.

Silver bullets kill werewolves what the hell are you smokin/talking about, I want some of that smoke.... Maybe I'll be blinded to whats happening around us...
Old 03-25-2009, 06:40 AM   #32
stlrtruck
THE PRINCESS' Daddy
Supporter

Member Number: 2398

Quote:
lemme guess...

anytime you saw bush throw a presser you saw the parting of clouds and a heavenly blast of golden trumpets?
No, I thought Bush with or without the teleprompter was not a good orator. Hearing some of his speeches made me laugh just the way he stumbled through it. However, with Obama it seems different - maybe it's the presentation he gives when he's using the teleprompter.

Everyone knew that Bush wasn't good at speeches, even ones that were prepared. But Obama has the perception (which becomes reality) that he's this great communicator and the more he goes off script, he's proving he can't handle some of the pressure that comes with it. Last night was proof of that, there were some questions that he simply had no answer for and a few of the peopled showed that when he couldn't answer their questions.

60 Minutes, 53 Men, 6 Trophies,1 NATION. . .STEELERS NATION!!!
Sig courtesy of STEELAX04
stlrtruck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009, 07:43 AM   #33
X-Terminator
Mr. Wrong
Supporter

Member Number: 2550

Quote:
sorry X-T.

i didnt read beyond trillions of dollars on "green projects ".

i'll believe THAT when i see it.
So in other words, just because you don't believe that, the rest of my points don't matter, even though there is a correlation. Got it.
Old 03-25-2009, 08:44 AM   #34
HometownGal
Living Legend

Member Number: 2413

Quote:
of course not. many had him pegged as a farce before he was even elected. the whole "give him a chance" schtick was just lip service.
I believe many people could see right through him and his own "lip service" while he was on the campaign trail and others (many of who put him into office - not mentioning any names here ) bought lock, stock and barrel into his "Change We Can Believe In" pie in the sky schtick, while others pulled the "Anyone But A Republican" lever.

Quote:
so you are hoping to see obama succeed, get elected again, and see his plan through just like i voted for bush the 2nd go around so he could see his war through?

i highly doubt that.
You are putting words in my mouth, Tony. You know damned well when I stated that I don't want to see anything "bad" happen to Obama and/or Biden that I was responding to your off the wall "assassination" remark.

Of course I want to see the President of the country I love so much succeed (whether I voted for him or not), but as I said - he's off to a very bad start in doing so and is only exacerbating the problems that have been festering going all the way back to the Carter administration. Of course I'm not naive enough to expect things are going to turn around overnight - that is impossible, but do you honestly believe that robbing Peter to pay Paul and putting our children, grandchildren and their children into trillions upon trillions of dollars of debt is going to right the sinking ship? Only an imbecile with a straw brain would buy into that (and before you think it, I'm not referring to YOU ).

I highly doubt that.

Quote:

*BAAAAAAAAA*

say what?

But, But, But, But Bush . . . . . .

The Anti-Wahoo
HometownGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009, 08:52 AM   #35
fansince'76
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 1984

Quote:
Originally Posted by X-Terminator View Post
So in other words, just because you don't believe that, the rest of my points don't matter, even though there is a correlation. Got it.
Yep, never mind that one of his own staffers said that an estimate of $646 BILLION over eight years was a CONSERVATIVE estimate....

Quote:
President Obama's climate plan could cost industry close to $2 trillion, nearly three times the White House's initial estimate of the so-called "cap-and-trade" legislation, according to Senate staffers who were briefed by the White House.

At the meeting, Jason Furman, a top Obama staffer, estimated that the president's cap-and-trade program could cost up to three times as much as the administration's early estimate of $646 billion over eight years. A study of an earlier cap-and-trade bill co-sponsored by Mr. Obama when he was a senator estimated the cost could top $366 billion a year by 2015.

A top economic aide to Mr. Obama told a group of Senate staffers last month that the president's climate-change plan would surely raise more than the $646 billion over eight years the White House had estimated publicly, according to multiple a number of staffers who attended the briefing Feb. 26.

A White House official did not confirm the large estimate, saying only that Obama aides previously had noted that the $646 billion estimate was "conservative."
But hey, it'll be nice to breathe cleaner air while standing on the bread-and-soup line.
fansince'76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009, 09:33 AM   #36
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark

Member Number: 658
Thanked 6,677 Times in 2,896 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by fansince'76 View Post
Yep, never mind that one of his own staffers said that an estimate of $646 BILLION over eight years was a CONSERVATIVE estimate....

Quote:
President Obama's climate plan could cost industry close to $2 trillion, nearly three times the White House's initial estimate of the so-called "cap-and-trade" legislation, according to Senate staffers who were briefed by the White House.

At the meeting, Jason Furman, a top Obama staffer, estimated that the president's cap-and-trade program could cost up to three times as much as the administration's early estimate of $646 billion over eight years. A study of an earlier cap-and-trade bill co-sponsored by Mr. Obama when he was a senator estimated the cost could top $366 billion a year by 2015.

But hey, it'll be nice to breathe cleaner air while standing on the bread-and-soup line.
and weve come full circle with a "could happen" article.

in other news- the evil empire patriots could win the superbowl next year.
Old 03-25-2009, 09:35 AM   #37
fansince'76
Living Legend
Supporter

Quote:
and weve come full circle with a "could happen" article.

in other news- the evil empire patriots could win the superbowl next year.
When have you ever known the federal government to actually stick to the low side of a cost projection - for anything? I never have.
Old 03-25-2009, 09:55 AM   #38
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark

Member Number: 658
Thanked 6,677 Times in 2,896 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by fansince'76 View Post
When have you ever known the federal government to actually stick to the low side of a cost projection - for anything? I never have.
thats kinda my point. it could cost 640 billion it could cost 2 trillion if it comes in at 1.2 trillion i guess the blow is softened by the 2 trillion estimate. its kinda like when the price of gasoline was artificially inflated to 5 bucks a gallon. that way when the price finally settles at the still inflated price of $2.50/gal it doesnt seem quite as bad.

but its comments like these i cant get beyond-

Quote:
Let me ask you this, then - do you believe that spending billions or trillions of dollars on "green projects," in this period of economic strife, is the right thing to do?
were talking about a speculative projection of 10 years into the future and people are twisting the facts like obama is running out tomorrow to write multiple checks for trillions of dollars.

but while were at it, we might as well speculate/debate/get livid/or panic over how many trillions of dollars we could spend on foreign aid in the next 10 years. or policing the world. or eradicating diseases such as AIDS....

the list goes on.
Old 03-25-2009, 10:19 AM   #39
revefsreleets
Living Legend

Member Number: 5353

The bottom line? SOMEONE is going to have to pay a BOATLOAD of money, money no one really has to begin with, to implement a bunch of environmental initiatives that probably won't have any real impact on Climate Change to begin with.

Everyday there is increasing evidence that the chief cause of Global Warming is due to Nature doing what it does.

I have no problem being green. It certainly can't hurt to be responsible concerning the Earth we live on. But why spend trillions on something that probably won't make a bit of difference, and, more importantly, why spend that money NOW? When no one has any money to spend?

Fix.
The.
Economy.

That's all. Let the generals handle the war. Let Hillary handle foreign policy. Maintain status quo on domestic policy. And fix the Goddamned economy already! Stop worrying about 500 other less important things!
Old 03-25-2009, 10:32 AM   #40
fansince'76
Living Legend
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by revefsreleets View Post
The bottom line? SOMEONE is going to have to pay a BOATLOAD of money, money no one really has to begin with, to implement a bunch of environmental initiatives that probably won't have any real impact on Climate Change to begin with.

Everyday there is increasing evidence that the chief cause of Global Warming is due to Nature doing what it does.

I have no problem being green. It certainly can't hurt to be responsible concerning the Earth we live on. But why spend trillions on something that probably won't make a bit of difference, and, more importantly, why spend that money NOW? When no one has any money to spend?

Fix.
The.
Economy.

That's all. Let the generals handle the war. Let Hillary handle foreign policy. Maintain status quo on domestic policy. And fix the Goddamned economy already! Stop worrying about 500 other less important things!
But the habitat of the endangered lily-livered, yellow-bellied, polka-dotted, purple-and-blue Peckerwood must be preserved at any cost! Al Gore said so!