Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Miscellaneous > Locker Room

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Bills Bills
August 16th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 03-25-2009, 10:37 AM   #41
revefsreleets
Living Legend

Member Number: 5353
Default Re: Obama climate plan could cost $2 trillion

Old 03-25-2009, 10:39 AM   #42
X-Terminator
Mr. Wrong
Supporter

Member Number: 2550

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony hipchest View Post
thats kinda my point. it could cost 640 billion it could cost 2 trillion if it comes in at 1.2 trillion i guess the blow is softened by the 2 trillion estimate. its kinda like when the price of gasoline was artificially inflated to 5 bucks a gallon. that way when the price finally settles at the still inflated price of $2.50/gal it doesnt seem quite as bad.

but its comments like these i cant get beyond-

were talking about a speculative projection of 10 years into the future and people are twisting the facts like obama is running out tomorrow to write multiple checks for trillions of dollars.

but while were at it, we might as well speculate/debate/get livid/or panic over how many trillions of dollars we could spend on foreign aid in the next 10 years. or policing the world. or eradicating diseases such as AIDS....

the list goes on.
The least you can do is mention my name since you're calling me out, Tony.

The point I was making, that you obviously did not take the time to read, is whether it's tomorrow or 10 years from now, we're still talking about billions of dollars. Where is it going to come from? You know that eventually, taxes are going to have to be raised to pay for this and all of his other pet projects, and given how times are right now and how most people think, that's going to go over about as well as a toothache. And why does it have to cost so much? That's where the fiscal responsibility angle comes in. Again, we the people have to live within a reasonable budget every day. Why is the government seemingly exempt from doing the same?
Old 03-25-2009, 10:45 AM   #43
atlsteelers
Starter

Member Number: 216

It might cost the coal bussinese some cash but I help create mitigation banks. so come on with the carbon credits already - we have some more trees to plant
atlsteelers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009, 10:46 AM   #44
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark

Member Number: 658
Thanked 7,011 Times in 3,041 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by X-Terminator View Post
The least you can do is mention my name since you're calling me out, Tony.
im NOT calling you out. im critiquing the post NOT the poster i.e. not making it personal (something so many around here have a problem doing).

Quote:
Again, we the people have to live within a reasonable budget every day. Why is the government seemingly exempt from doing the same?
i would say that as the richest government in the world, ALL americans have become accustomed to a sense of entitlement.

the fact is as americans we DONT have to live within a reasonable budget. that is what got us into this economic problem in the first place. our leadership has taught us that its ok to live on credit.
Old 03-25-2009, 10:56 AM   #45
fansince'76
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 1984

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony hipchest View Post
i would say that as the richest government in the world, ALL americans have become accustomed to a sense of entitlement.

the fact is as americans we DONT have to live within a reasonable budget. that is what got us into this economic problem in the first place. our leadership has taught us that its ok to live on credit.
I have one credit card with a $500 limit and a zero balance. I own my car free and clear. I currently rent (but am looking to buy a house soon). I don't owe anybody anything. I'm putting money away every month. If I can't afford something, I simply don't buy it. How am I "living on credit?" Please don't say "ALL" Americans are as fiscally irresponsible as our government is.
fansince'76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009, 11:13 AM   #46
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark

Member Number: 658
Thanked 7,011 Times in 3,041 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by fansince'76 View Post
I have one credit card with a $500 limit and a zero balance. I own my car free and clear. I currently rent (but am looking to buy a house soon). I don't owe anybody anything. I'm putting money away every month. If I can't afford something, I simply don't buy it. How am I "living on credit?" Please don't say "ALL" Americans are as fiscally irresponsible as our government is.
my credit card limit is $2500. i use it for general purchases and internet shopping so i usually pay a montly bill of $800-900 to maintain zero balance.

with a trade in and half down i had $160/ month payments on my car on a 5 year loan (which i paid off the final $1000 bucks 2 years ago cause i had the cash and was tired of mailing in a monthly bill. we lease our house with an extra 50 buck per month going towards principal.

while i own a few stocks, my IRA is my savings account.

it takes 2 to tango and the proof is in the pudding... as a whole, americans are just as irresponsible as our government. they are one in the same. you cant seperate americans from government or governmet from americans. its the culture we live in.

again, I am NOT making this personal, therfore I am NOT saying YOU are "living on credit".

sheesh
Old 03-25-2009, 11:44 AM   #47
Dino 6 Rings
Living Legend

Member Number: 6891

I'll be burning tires in my back yard tonight in honor of this new spending proposal.

maybe if I'm lucky, I have some styrafoam laying around I can toss on for some really pretty colors.
Old 03-25-2009, 11:48 AM   #48
xfl2001fan
Living Legend

Member Number: 8741

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dino 6 Rings View Post
I'll be burning tires in my back yard tonight in honor of this new spending proposal.

maybe if I'm lucky, I have some styrafoam laying around I can toss on for some really pretty colors.
Mix the styrafoam in with gasoline to make a home-made version of napalm...then it will burn longer for ya! I've got some bald-eagle eggs we can cook over your fire if you'd like!
Old 03-25-2009, 11:50 AM   #49
Dino 6 Rings
Living Legend

Member Number: 6891

Maybe later, I'll go set an auto dealership on fire, including the cars, to show my support for the environment. Or maybe I'll burn down a ski lodge. That'll show how much I love Mother Earth.
Old 03-25-2009, 12:09 PM   #50
revefsreleets
Living Legend

Member Number: 5353

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dino 6 Rings View Post
Maybe later, I'll go set an auto dealership on fire, including the cars, to show my support for the environment. Or maybe I'll burn down a ski lodge. That'll show how much I love Mother Earth.
I believe you qualify for both stimulus bill AND spending bill bail out cash for all of these wonderful initiatives.

However, all the responsible people here who don't have debt to their eyeballs, unfortunately you for you, we have to raise your taxes.