Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Miscellaneous > Locker Room

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Bucs

Old 03-27-2009, 07:54 AM   #1
trauben
Bench Warmer

Location: City of reigning Super Bowl and Stanley Cup Champions!!!
Member Number: 7929
Default WHAT? My taxes are now going to pay for the released terrorists?

Jiminey Cricket!

SHOOT ME NOW AND PUT ME OUT OF MY MISERY!

Quote:
"WASHINGTON (AP) ... ...

During his news conference, Blair also said the Obama administration is still wrestling with what to do with the remaining 240 detainees at the Guantanamo Bay Naval Base, which the president has ordered closed.

Some of the detainees, deemed non-threatening, may be released into the United States as free men, Blair confirmed.

That would happen when they can't be returned to their home countries, because the governments either won't take them or the U.S. fears they will be abused or tortured. That is the case with 17 Uighers (WEE'-gurz), Chinese Muslim separatists who were cleared for release from the jail long ago. The U.S. can't find a country willing to take them, and it will not turn them over to China.

Blair said the former prisoners would have get some sort of assistance to start their new lives in the United States.

"We can't put them out on the street," he said.

Blair said the U.S. government is building dossiers on each of the prisoners at Guantanamo and is still developing the process that will determine what happens to them. Some may face criminal trials in the U.S. civilian courts and be imprisoned in U.S. jails. Others will be remanded to their home governments for continued jailing or potential rehabilitation.

The Pentagon claims more than 60 former Guantanamo inmates have been released by their home governments and are believed to be engaged in militant activities. It has not released a list of those former prisoners. Two of the top al-Qaida leaders in Yemen are former inmates, according to both al-Qaida and U.S. intelligence officials. And the Taliban's top operations officer in southern Afghanistan was released from Guantanamo in 2007, according to U.S. intelligence and military officials."... ...

Excerpted from: http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/...N4QOQD975U2TG0
UNBELIEVABLE! More Welfare recipients for us hard-working taxpayers to bust our rears for?

I wonder what McCain would have done with them? Wait, never mind, he never would have scheduled Guantanamo closed in the first damned place!!!

Quote:
the Obama administration is still wrestling with what to do with the remaining 240 detainees at the Guantanamo Bay Naval Base, which the president has ordered closed.
Talk about not thinking things through to completion and reality.

Man it's gonna be a long 4 years!

trauben is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2009, 07:55 AM   #2
stlrtruck
THE PRINCESS' Daddy
Supporter

Member Number: 2398
Default Obama's answer to the War on Terror

http://www.breitbart.com/article.php...show_article=1

President Barack Obama's intelligence chief confirmed Thursday that some Guantanamo inmates may be released on US soil and receive assistance to return to society.
"If we are to release them in the United States, we need some sort of assistance for them to start a new life," said National Intelligence Director Dennis Blair at his first press conference.

"You can't just put them on the street," he added. "All that is work in progress."

Obama has vowed to close the controversial prison camp by next January and has ordered individual reviews for cases against each of the over 240 remaining prisoners.

Blair told reporters that the review of Guantanamo cases was still underway, and that the government was "building dossiers on each of the detainees."

The Obama administration is currently evaluating what could be done with the prisoners, he said, but pledged that if they are sent to another country, "we have to be sure that that country will treat them in a humane fashion."

Twenty men detained at the remote US naval base at Guantanamo Bay in southern Cuba have been cleared of terrorism charges, including 17 Chinese Uighurs ordered released by a US court in June, seven years after their arrest. But the US says they may face persecution if returned to China.

In an executive order signed days after he took office in January, Obama also promised to uphold the Geneva Conventions for the remaining prisoners until the detention center is closed.

Blair touched on the controversial interrogation techniques used on terror suspects under the administration of president George W. Bush, saying that those methods -- including waterboarding, or simulated drowning -- would not be used under his tenure.

But Blair, a retired US admiral, added that his team was examining other "enhanced interrogation techniques" for high-value detainees that comply with international conventions on prisoners of war.

He did not elaborate on what methods would be used, but said such interrogations should be carried out by "government employees; they shouldn't be contractors; they should be highly trained, very supervised."

60 Minutes, 53 Men, 6 Trophies,1 NATION. . .STEELERS NATION!!!
Sig courtesy of STEELAX04
stlrtruck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2009, 08:14 AM   #3
Vincent
Team President
Supporter

Member Number: 10927
Default Re: Obama's answer to the War on Terror

In the interest of spending "the people's" money most effectively, and with the reality that ammo is getting real @#$% expensive, I propose that they line them up 3 deep. 80 rounds. What, a buck each? $80. Badda boom,badda bing.

Next.

"We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress & the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution,
but overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution."

Abraham Lincoln
Vincent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2009, 08:25 AM   #4
HometownGal
Living Legend

Member Number: 2413
Default Re: WHAT? My taxes are now going to pay for the released terrorists?

Quote:
Blair said the former prisoners would have get some sort of assistance to start their new lives in the United States.

"We can't put them out on the street," he said.
Send them back to their own damned shitholes and let them be dealt with there. There's a reason they were being detained at Guantanamo and it wasn't because of their charming personalities or that they bake good cookies.

"Some sort of assistance" to suspected terrorists while this country and our own are in the midst of a deep recession???

Keep on handing out those beaucoup bucks that this country just doesn't have, Obama.

Change We Can Believe In. Riiiiiiiighto.

The Anti-Wahoo
HometownGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2009, 08:25 AM   #5
fansince'76
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 1984
Thanked 1,050 Times in 393 Posts

Quote:
President Barack Obama's intelligence chief confirmed Thursday that some Guantanamo inmates may be released on US soil and receive assistance to return to society.
"If we are to release them in the United States, we need some sort of assistance for them to start a new life," said National Intelligence Director Dennis Blair at his first press conference.

"You can't just put them on the street," he added. "All that is work in progress."
Maybe we can set them up with pensions paid for by all the money we could be saving by forcing military veterans to use private health insurance to pay for medical care traditionally paid for by the VA. After all, these folks are so much more deserving of the taxpayers' money than our own veterans are.
fansince'76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2009, 08:31 AM   #6
stlrtruck
THE PRINCESS' Daddy
Supporter

So Tony, what's your view on this one?

Remember the Muslims talked about destroying the country from the inside out, and now Obama and his cabinet are giving them a foothold!!!

Old 03-27-2009, 09:02 AM   #7
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark

Member Number: 658
Thanked 8,836 Times in 3,709 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by stlrtruck View Post
So Tony, what's your view on this one?
personally, i think if they were worthy of questionning they shoulda been killed in the field. i dont think we shoulda taken any prisoners in the war on terrorism. if they were worthy of intelligence, they shoulda been pumped overseas then dumped in the desert as buzzard food. i do suspect some of this happened over there just as i suspect some innocents were taken in hopes that they would have some usefull information.

you ever adopt an abused dog or puppy from the shelter and they are scared of all men or always pissing themself if you raise your voice or snapping at people and you realize they will NEVER make a good pet? i have a feeling these prisoners are ruined and will never make a good citizen. in the name of safety they should probably be strapped with cement shackles for their boat ride to the states that mysteriously sinks, or loaded on a plane that mysteriously flies into the bermuda triangle.

its not a very Christian like attitude, but that is how i feel.

oh, and it is OUR laws and government that is giving them a foothold. not one man. OUR policy is to choose to abide by the geneva convention, not commit war crimes, treat people fairly, and shit like that. if youre gonna blame obama, blame bush for not putting a slug in their head and opening up guantanamo in the firstplace. this is what happens when you react w/o thinking out the consequences.
Old 03-27-2009, 09:36 AM   #8
HometownGal
Living Legend

Member Number: 2413

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony hipchest View Post
oh, and it is OUR laws and government that is giving them a foothold. not one man. OUR policy is to choose to abide by the geneva convention, not commit war crimes, treat people fairly, and shit like that. if youre gonna blame obama, blame bush for not putting a slug in their head and opening up guantanamo in the firstplace. this is what happens when you react w/o thinking out the consequences.
Sorry, Tony, but I disagree here. While the United States abides by the Geneva Convention, it is Obama and his intelligence chief who want to shut down Guantanamo Bay by January of next year, release these suspected terrorists out into OUR streets and expect taxpayers to foot the bill for these SOB's to enjoy life in OUR country. I still maintain my original thought - send them back to where they came from and let those countries deal with them. There's obviously a reason why they were being detained for so long at GB and I'm sure it wasn't for their good looks.

The Anti-Wahoo
HometownGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2009, 09:40 AM   #9
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark

Member Number: 658
Thanked 8,836 Times in 3,709 Posts

they shoulda never been brought here in the 1st place. dumb idea.

throwing them into a den of hungry lions sounds all fine and dandy but our rules, laws, and morals, prevent us from doing that. the other countries are using that against us and refusing to accept them. i didnt invent the laws and neither did obama.

but i understand. you guys got alot of bush blame to get even with. carry on.
Old 03-27-2009, 09:44 AM   #10
stlrtruck
THE PRINCESS' Daddy
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony hipchest View Post
personally, i think if they were worthy of questionning they shoulda been killed in the field. i dont think we shoulda taken any prisoners in the war on terrorism. if they were worthy of intelligence, they shoulda been pumped overseas then dumped in the desert as buzzard food. i do suspect some of this happened over there just as i suspect some innocents were taken in hopes that they would have some usefull information.

you ever adopt an abused dog or puppy from the shelter and they are scared of all men or always pissing themself if you raise your voice or snapping at people and you realize they will NEVER make a good pet? i have a feeling these prisoners are ruined and will never make a good citizen. in the name of safety they should probably be strapped with cement shackles for their boat ride to the states that mysteriously sinks, or loaded on a plane that mysteriously flies into the bermuda triangle.

its not a very Christian like attitude, but that is how i feel.

Wow, something we agree on 100%!

Bush could have saved us all the crap by having a slug put in them while they were in the desert. But I do see the benefit of having these men ready for questioning at any point that we need to "question" them. However, it is Obama and his crew that want to shut it down.