Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Giants Giants
August 9th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 03-25-2009, 11:21 PM   #1
billybob
Banned

Member Number: 5364
Default mach 5 all signed

Hey Toney,
The Mach 5 has all been signed for at least another year. Well,at least for Simmons.
They are going to be a force to contend with this year.
I love the potential of our o-line. Sure they have not made many headlines , but that is what is so cool about it.
They have been mauled ,put down ,and still young and in-tact. Minus Simmons of course.
The only headlines they ever made was how bad they were. They were so bad that they were able to hold on when it counted, and bring home another ring for us proud fans.
They were soo.........bad that they will be back next year !
Dangerous work to do !!
billybob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009, 11:33 PM   #2
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark

Member Number: 658
Thanked 6,145 Times in 2,645 Posts
Default Re: mach 5 all signed

i cant argue with the end result and always appreciate the enthusiasm. the great thing about the current mach V is that they are always healthy, willing, and hopefully able.

i am concerned about starks being content, kemo not having the smarts, and willie trying too hard playing out of position.

i am hoping hills is ready to step in at RT and allow colon shine at rg as the left side begins to shine and become a force.

i will not discount the health and continuity factor. im hitching my wagon to the mach v. (still hoping for some great depth in the draft though)
Old 03-25-2009, 11:36 PM   #3
Steelman16
Team President

Member Number: 6517

Wait, the worst o-line in the league has a nickname like Mach V?
Old 03-26-2009, 01:53 AM   #4
paw-n-maul-u
Banned

Member Number: 2942

oh man, billy bob.

gibberish time.

... and no, this is the first time that the steelers O-line has been referred to as the "mach 5" ... gross. more the like "mockery 5".

It's good we have continuity, blah blah ... but i DID NOT realize that justin hartwig gave up more sacks than any center in the league last year.

he has to go ... I hope we get a shot at Mack or Unger so bad.

Colon is in the top five in foul starts.

I like that basically we have nothing to lose for next year with this line. We exteneded them all with pretty much the option of dumping all of them (minus KEMO) next year. we can add some youth ... develop Hills (who i think could push colon for a starting RT spot)

Add Mack to the middle to push Hartwig and Stapleton ... extend starks ... and we have the making of a young/\ line to hopefully protect ben for the next 5-10
paw-n-maul-u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2009, 07:49 PM   #5
billybob
Banned

Member Number: 5364

Quote:
Originally Posted by paw-n-maul-u View Post
oh man, billy bob.

gibberish time.

... and no, this is the first time that the steelers O-line has been referred to as the "mach 5" ... gross. more the like "mockery 5".

It's good we have continuity, blah blah ... but i DID NOT realize that justin hartwig gave up more sacks than any center in the league last year.

I like that basically we have nothing to lose for next year with this line. We exteneded them all with pretty much the option of dumping all of them (minus KEMO) next year. we can add some youth ... develop Hills (who i think could push colon for a starting RT spot)

Add Mack to the middle to push Hartwig and Stapleton ... extend starks ... and we have the making of a young/\ line to hopefully protect ben for the next 5-10
The "Mach V " has to do with what i was expressing last season ,and was ridiculed by many.
It was not an adopted term for our offensive front line , but one i nick-named them for because the "odds were against them".
Now we have the big" # 6" sittin in our complex , and there ain't nothin you can say about that.
They resigned all of them again .
The " Mach V " will be back again next year like it or not. No matter how much they may suck , i will stand behind ......(THE MACH V ) .
billybob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2009, 07:53 PM   #6
Preacher
Living Legend

Member Number: 16327

Quote:
Originally Posted by paw-n-maul-u View Post
oh man, billy bob.

gibberish time.

Shhhh... Don't let El Gonzo hear you say that!!!!!!!!!!!!

I agree, we need to start with an anchor at center. Draft Mack... and move Hartwig over to right or left guard. As I have said before, I think he would do much better if he didn't have to complete two motions before engaging a rusher. If he was allowed to just come up and hit someone, I think Hartwig would be a big improvement over Stapleton, who was a big improvement over Simmons, beleive it or not.
Preacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2009, 08:26 PM   #7
triphahn
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 13282

Much maligned but they got it done. But for sure 100 million for Ben it hurts me when he gets hit. I like Mack or Wood at OC and Hartwig moving over.
triphahn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2009, 09:21 PM   #8
Preacher
Living Legend

Member Number: 16327

Quote:
Originally Posted by triphahn View Post
Much maligned but they got it done. But for sure 100 million for Ben it hurts me when he gets hit. I like Mack or Wood at OC and Hartwig moving over.

Yep...

I joked about El G. but I think even he is in complete agreement that getting Mack and moving Hartwig would be great for this line.
Preacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2009, 09:43 PM   #9
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark

Member Number: 658
Thanked 6,145 Times in 2,645 Posts

rookies dont start for the steelers.
Old 03-27-2009, 09:44 PM   #10
OneForTheToe
Living Legend

Member Number: 2408

If we do draft Mack, I could see him starting at RG for one year. The Steelers might think it better to keep what chemistry Hartwig and Ben have achieved together for another year, while Mack gets his feet wet in the NFL. Then, next season, move Mack into the center slot and maybe a young'n in at guard.

Of course, none of us know that we are taking Mack, even if he is there when we pick. We could end up taking the best long snapper available.
OneForTheToe is offline   Reply With Quote