Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Pittsburgh Sports > Pittsburgh Pirates

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

Old 06-21-2009, 04:40 PM   #381
X-Terminator
Mr. Wrong
Supporter

Member Number: 2550
Default Re: 2009 Pittsburgh Pirates Season Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by pittsburghp8baller View Post
oh yea btw, i had NO idea that the Pirates released Craig Monroe and called up Steve Pearce. good for Pearce, but i wonder if that means Adam LaRoche's days as a Pirate are numbered?
There have been rumors of Adam being dealt all year long, so yeah, this might be the beginning of the end for him. All I hope for is that we get decent value for him.
Old 06-21-2009, 06:14 PM   #382
pittsburghp8baller
Head Coach
Supporter

Location: In A Place Where There Is No Other Hockey Fans!!!!!!
Member Number: 5365

Quote:
Originally Posted by X-Terminator View Post
There have been rumors of Adam being dealt all year long, so yeah, this might be the beginning of the end for him. All I hope for is that we get decent value for him.
i know exactly how it will go, people will start the 'management has no desire to win ever' and then some people (most likely me) will come in and try and defend the move. We will all find a middle ground and go back to watching the Pirates struggle to get by.

id imagine LaRoche would be a Type A FA, so we could definately get good value for him, its just a matter of management getting the right people.

i havent checked yet but last time i saw the Pirates were losing, any chance we came back?
Old 06-21-2009, 06:27 PM   #383
X-Terminator
Mr. Wrong
Supporter

Quote:
i know exactly how it will go, people will start the 'management has no desire to win ever' and then some people (most likely me) will come in and try and defend the move. We will all find a middle ground and go back to watching the Pirates struggle to get by.

id imagine LaRoche would be a Type A FA, so we could definately get good value for him, its just a matter of management getting the right people.

i havent checked yet but last time i saw the Pirates were losing, any chance we came back?
They lost 5-4, completing the sweep and a 1-5 road trip.

Anyway, I doubt you'll get many people complaining about Adam being dealt. He's pretty much a pariah around here - not too many of the fans like him.
Old 06-21-2009, 10:52 PM   #384
Edman
Living Legend

Member Number: 3261
My Mood: Brooding

It just shows that the issue with the Pirates wasn't just with Jim Tracy, who by the way just swept them in this series and has the Rockies on a roll, but rather the ownership.

Welp, 1-5 road trip is in the books. That's the Pirates I know. Always flirting with .500 but like any loser, just loses.
Edman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2009, 11:21 PM   #385
X-Terminator
Mr. Wrong
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edman View Post
It just shows that the issue with the Pirates wasn't just with Jim Tracy, who by the way just swept them in this series and has the Rockies on a roll, but rather the ownership.

Welp, 1-5 road trip is in the books. That's the Pirates I know. Always flirting with .500 but like any loser, just loses.
Meh, Tracy has a lot more talent to work with now than he ever did with the Pirates. We're talking about a team that just 2 years ago went to the World Series, and the only guy from that team who isn't there now is Matt Holliday, who they traded this past offseason, for among others, Carlos Gonzalez and Huston Street.

Frustrating road trip, but they just had the misfortune of running into the 2 hottest teams in the majors. Maybe now that they're back home they can win some games - they've played very well at home all year, which could be a good thing since they have already played almost 40% of their road schedule and have a ton of home games coming up.
Old 06-23-2009, 12:10 AM   #386
pittsburghp8baller
Head Coach
Supporter

A little minor league update,

Tony Sanchez went 1-5 with a RBI, which was the game winner, in his first two games at SS State College.

Pedro Alvarez was called up to AA Altoona

Pirates signed there 'sandwich' round pick Victor Black today
Old 06-23-2009, 02:48 AM   #387
X-Terminator
Mr. Wrong
Supporter

Quote:
A little minor league update,

Tony Sanchez went 1-5 with a RBI, which was the game winner, in his first two games at SS State College.

Pedro Alvarez was called up to AA Altoona

Pirates signed there 'sandwich' round pick Victor Black today
Alvarez was leading the Carolina League in RBI and was 2nd in HR...yeah, I'd say he's earned the promotion.

Tony Sanchez...well, somehow I think this kid is going to make it. I know the majority had doubts...I had doubts...but my gut says he's going to be OK. My gut also said the Pens would beat Detroit and win the Cup, so that's a pretty good feeling.

Nice to see another of their draft picks signed. That's 12 of 51, and their plan was to get at least 20 of them signed. So they're well on their way. Now if they can win the sweepstakes for that Latin American player, I'll consider it a good summer for the organization.
Old 06-23-2009, 11:19 AM   #388
pittsburghp8baller
Head Coach
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by X-Terminator View Post
Alvarez was leading the Carolina League in RBI and was 2nd in HR...yeah, I'd say he's earned the promotion.

Tony Sanchez...well, somehow I think this kid is going to make it. I know the majority had doubts...I had doubts...but my gut says he's going to be OK. My gut also said the Pens would beat Detroit and win the Cup, so that's a pretty good feeling.

Nice to see another of their draft picks signed. That's 12 of 51, and their plan was to get at least 20 of them signed. So they're well on their way. Now if they can win the sweepstakes for that Latin American player, I'll consider it a good summer for the organization.
I read an article saying that we are the front runner and is expected to sign him once the signing period opens.

I agree about Sanchez, he just seems like one of those guys who is gonna work his ass off until he makes it, and then work it out even more after he makes it
Old 06-23-2009, 06:58 PM   #389
pittsburghp8baller
Head Coach
Supporter

wow, everytime it looks like Ian Snell looks like he is turning a corner and comes out and pitches like he is. doesnt even look like he will get out of the 3rd.

if the rockies are really interested in him, i say dump him i dont care who we get back
Old 06-23-2009, 09:06 PM   #390
SteelCityMan786
SF's Youngest Legend

Member Number: 541

I really wonder what would have happened if that damn 3rd inning erosion DIDN'T FING HAPPEN.

786 Ways To Score Touchdowns
SteelCityMan786 is offline   Reply With Quote