Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

 Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Steelers Draft Central > ** The War Room 2012 **


Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 03-31-2009, 01:00 PM   #1
Steelers Since '75
Bench Warmer
 

Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 161
Member Number: 8308
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default 4th round... Cadogan or Vasquez

If they were both available who do you give the nod to?
Steelers Since '75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2009, 02:17 PM   #2
SteelMember
Team Owner
 
SteelMember's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Atlanta, GA
Posts: 2,544
Member Number: 8745
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: 4th round... Cadogan or Vasquez

Cadogan. I think he'd be the bigger steal in the 4th. Steal, because I don't think he'll last that long. He also played tackle, so there's another upside for value. Lastly, he played in the Big 10. Nothing against TexasTech, I'm sure I'll here it for this, but I'll take the guy who plays against some tougher defenses.

No sharp objects please.

Vasquez is one of the best 4th round OG prospects. He is quick for his size and definately strong. He can definately pass pertect, but run blocking might be lacking only because of his pass happy system.
__________________

"Before you can win a game, you have to not lose it." -- Chuck Noll

Last edited by SteelMember; 03-31-2009 at 02:33 PM.
SteelMember is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2009, 02:40 PM   #3
El-Gonzo Jackson
Living Legend
 
El-Gonzo Jackson's Avatar
 

Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 9,893
Member Number: 8264
Thanks: 504
Thanked 3,462 Times in 1,634 Posts
Default Re: 4th round... Cadogan or Vasquez

I think I would rather have Vasquez. After watching a few Tech games this season, I think he is strong, quick, displays good football IQ and plays with a nasty streak. He looks like a real solid guard prospect.

Cadogin is the same height, but 20 lbs thinner than Vasquez and might not be quick enough to play LT and would need to bulk up to be a dominant RT. Some think he may need to bulk up and move to guard. I like Cadogin, but think Vasquez is the better lineman between the 2.
El-Gonzo Jackson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2009, 03:00 PM   #4
SteelMember
Team Owner
 
SteelMember's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Atlanta, GA
Posts: 2,544
Member Number: 8745
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: 4th round... Cadogan or Vasquez

Quote:
Originally Posted by El-Gonzo Jackson View Post
I think I would rather have Vasquez. After watching a few Tech games this season, I think he is strong, quick, displays good football IQ and plays with a nasty streak. He looks like a real solid guard prospect.

Cadogin is the same height, but 20 lbs thinner than Vasquez and might not be quick enough to play LT and would need to bulk up to be a dominant RT. Some think he may need to bulk up and move to guard. I like Cadogin, but think Vasquez is the better lineman between the 2.
You make good points, even echoing some of mine.

I've read the Vasquez has actually lost some weight for his pro day. From about 333 to 325. I realize that's still about the 20 lbs you mentioned, but they are not exact body types and some move better at lighter weights.

When you say thinner, you can't just mean in the waist. 20lbs of extra belly isn't a good thing, is it?

Do you think Cadogan will last late into the 4th?
__________________

"Before you can win a game, you have to not lose it." -- Chuck Noll
SteelMember is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2009, 03:08 PM   #5
El-Gonzo Jackson
Living Legend
 
El-Gonzo Jackson's Avatar
 

Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 9,893
Member Number: 8264
Thanks: 504
Thanked 3,462 Times in 1,634 Posts
Default Re: 4th round... Cadogan or Vasquez

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelMember View Post
You make good points, even echoing some of mine.

I've read the Vasquez has actually lost some weight for his pro day. From about 333 to 325. I realize that's still about the 20 lbs you mentioned, but they are not exact body types and some move better at lighter weights.

When you say thinner, you can't just mean in the waist. 20lbs of extra belly isn't a good thing, is it?

Do you think Cadogan will last late into the 4th?
I have no idea what Vasquez weighed during the season, but he looked like he carried it well. He looked thick and solid. Cadogin looked taller than him because like you say, different body types.

I think Cadogin lasts into the 5th or later. He was probably a round 6-7 pick before the combine and I dont think a lot of teams will just look at better numbers over his game tape as that big of a deal. Texasteeel was pimping Vasquez early last season and I never gave him much of a look because of the Tech spread offense, but when I did, he looked solid. Kind of reminds me of Mike Goff.
El-Gonzo Jackson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2009, 04:09 PM   #6
lilyoder6
locked behind Xanax bars
 
lilyoder6's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Playin' touch football, on marijuana street
Posts: 6,388
Gender: Male
Member Number: 2568
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: 4th round... Cadogan or Vasquez

Quote:
Originally Posted by El-Gonzo Jackson View Post
Texasteeel was pimping Vasquez early last season and I never gave him much of a look because of the Tech spread offense,
and the fact that most of the big 12 rly don't like to play defense either
__________________

Beer is proof God loves us and wants us to be happy ~ Ben Franklin
Freedom: some use it, Everyone enjoys it, A few defend it.
lilyoder6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2009, 06:02 PM   #7
Texasteel
Living Legend
Supporter
 
Texasteel's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Dallas, Tx
Posts: 3,638
Gender: Male
Member Number: 8323
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: 4th round... Cadogan or Vasquez

Not that I don't like Codogin, but if we take him in the 4th instead of Vasquez in 2 years you will be shaking your head thinking about what we could of had. Vasquez can in fact run block even though TT doesn't seem to do that much of it, but the fact that he is a proven in pass protection, did not allow a sack as a Jr. in an offense that the defense knew was going to throw the ball, should make him even more attractive to us.

The only reason we could possibly get him in the 4th round is because of a nagging ankle injury he had early in the season, but if you watched him the last couple games he played,,, he's much better now. He also has a bit of a mean streak.

Its hard to play good defense when you are laying on your back thinking what the hell was that.

To be honest with you, we could have both if we wanted. I think Vasquez will go in the 4th, and Codogin may go in the 5th or 6th, and we do have an extra 5th.
__________________


Simply, The Chief.
Texasteel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2009, 06:19 PM   #8
lamberts-lost-tooth
Banned
 
lamberts-lost-tooth's Avatar
 

Join Date: May 2006
Location: Midwest
Posts: 10,829
Gender: Male
Member Number: 2363
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default Re: 4th round... Cadogan or Vasquez

In a "pass-happy scheme"...Vasquez allowed 0 sacks this year!

I havnt heard anythig in regards to the fact that Vasquez cant run-block, but rather that he didnt have to...so I think that I go Vasquez if I could only have one.
lamberts-lost-tooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2009, 06:27 PM   #9
Texasteel
Living Legend
Supporter
 
Texasteel's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Dallas, Tx
Posts: 3,638
Gender: Male
Member Number: 8323
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: 4th round... Cadogan or Vasquez

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamberts-lost-tooth View Post
In a "pass-happy scheme"...Vasquez allowed 0 sacks this year!

I havnt heard anythig in regards to the fact that Vasquez cant run-block, but rather that he didnt have to...so I think that I go Vasquez if I could only have one.
Thanks LLT. I didn't think he had, but I didn't want to make a claim I could remember for sure.
__________________


Simply, The Chief.
Texasteel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2009, 06:38 PM   #10
SteelMember
Team Owner
 
SteelMember's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Atlanta, GA
Posts: 2,544
Member Number: 8745
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: 4th round... Cadogan or Vasquez

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamberts-lost-tooth View Post
In a "pass-happy scheme"...Vasquez allowed 0 sacks this year!

I havnt heard anythig in regards to the fact that Vasquez cant run-block, but rather that he didnt have to...so I think that I go Vasquez if I could only have one.

Sorry if you didn't care for the phrasing, but if 5007 out of 6434 yards come from the pass on almost twice as many attempts than run attempts, I tend to think of that as pass happy.

I gave the guy props. It's not like I wouldn't take him. I would just take Cadogan first.
__________________

"Before you can win a game, you have to not lose it." -- Chuck Noll
SteelMember is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:05 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Shoutbox provided by vBShout v6.2.1 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.0.8 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd. Runs best on HiVelocity Hosting.
Navbar with Avatar by Motorradforum
no new posts