Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Miscellaneous > Locker Room

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Fever Presents...

Steelers Panthers

GAMEDAY
Sunday, September 21, 8:30 PM
NBC

Old 07-21-2008, 03:06 PM   #1
revefsreleets
Living Legend

Member Number: 5353
Default Batman

Can't believe nobody has posted about it yet. Saw it yesterday, and it was good, but perhaps a tad over-hyped. I think I might eventually like it better than Batman Begins, but I need another viewing. Talk of an Oscar for best movie, though? Nuh-uh. It's a very good movie, but not great.

Does Heath Ledger deserve an Oscar? Don't know. He certainly owned the role, and there were moments when he was genuinely scary (pay attention to him when he comments over a videotape he's making of a victim). He was over the top without being kitschy over the top (I know, it doesn't make sense, but you'll have to see the movie for yourself to understand). He was VERY good, and stole the film for sure...If he gets it it won't be for just playing a comic book villain (I think the Hollywood types who take this stuff really seriously will only nominate him, not actually give him the statue), it's be because he died and he also played a gay dude in Brokeback.

What I was genuinely shocked at was the trailer for T4. Did anyone know they were making Terminator 4? I didn't. And Christian Bale is playing John Connor, which, as you may have surmised, means that this is the movie we've been waiting for since 1985: Terminator set in a post-apocalyptic world. I just hope they don't screw this up.
Old 07-21-2008, 03:46 PM   #2
xfl2001fan
Living Legend

Member Number: 8741
Default Re: Batman

I saw it two nights ago. I was oneof those who doubted Heath Ledger could pull of the Joker. (I was afraid he'd do a Jim Carrey-Riddler job of it). I would easily put him as the scariest joker in any version of Batman (cartoon, TV, movies.)

I liked the movie, though it was pretty long (2.5 hours). I got into the theatre a little late (missed the T4 thing). He should at least get a nod for an Oscar. Glad to see that they kept most of the cast together. The fight scenes were a little better than Batman Begins.

It's a shame Heath died, because it will be hard to replace his performance in future movies (should they find that role).

This is a movie that I'll be purchasing on DVD once it comes out and may go watch again (at the IMAX nearby) once it's been out for a little while longer (smaller crowds would be nice.)

If you liked Batman Begins, this movie was a great follow up. (Scary to think that revefsreleets and I can agree!) lol
xfl2001fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2008, 04:23 PM   #3
The Duke
Living Legend

Member Number: 4800

Ledger was just amazing. definitely deserves an oscar

sad thing is, no more joker if they do another movie. just like they showed scarecrow at the beggining they won't be able to do the same with joker.

but it's ok, was worth it. few people actually capture the role of a character like ledger did joker

Quote:
Originally Posted by xfl2001fan View Post

I liked the movie, though it was pretty long (2.5 hours)
batman begins was about the same.

It actually didn't feel long to me, it was that good.

#1 on my list of DVDs to buy
The Duke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2008, 05:12 PM   #4
xfl2001fan
Living Legend

It was only when it was over that I noticed how late it was. The movie was set to start at around 8, I didn't get in til like 815 (long lines for the junk food/latrines). When you've got kids, getting home after 1130 is late. LOL
Old 07-21-2008, 05:35 PM   #5
The Duke
Living Legend

Member Number: 4800

Quote:
Originally Posted by xfl2001fan View Post
It was only when it was over that I noticed how late it was. The movie was set to start at around 8, I didn't get in til like 815 (long lines for the junk food/latrines). When you've got kids, getting home after 1130 is late. LOL
lol, I was in line like 30 minutes before it began. One of the 1st to get in

lines were really awful though, I felt sorry for the ones way way on the back
The Duke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2008, 05:42 PM   #6
fansince'76
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 1984

Stand in line to plunk down $9-$10 for a movie so I can have my feet stick to the floor in God knows what and listen to peoples' cell phones going off? Thanks, but I'll wait for the DVD. The "big screen moviegoing experience" holds absolutely no appeal for me.
fansince'76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2008, 05:48 PM   #7
xfl2001fan
Living Legend

Surprisingly, only one cell phone went off while I was there. He did a quick stage left and I never saw him return. (That's not to say he didn't return, I just never noticed it as he was on the far side of the theatre and near the back.)

fansince'76 You could always go to sites like joox.net, quicksilverscreen.com, or hulu.com.

It will likely be some cam version, but they usually have something come out within days of stuff hitting the theatres.
Old 07-21-2008, 05:50 PM   #8
xfl2001fan
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Duke View Post
lol, I was in line like 30 minutes before it began. One of the 1st to get in

lines were really awful though, I felt sorry for the ones way way on the back
One of my friends/co-workers got in on the midnight showing Thursday night. She was dragging ass while working but real animated talking about the movie. I figured if she was looking to go back, it was worth seeing at an IMAX. Otherwise, I would have had to wait for it to hit HBO or DVD.
Old 07-21-2008, 05:55 PM   #9
pittsburghp8baller
Head Coach
Supporter

Location: In A Place Where There Is No Other Hockey Fans!!!!!!
Member Number: 5365

Quote:
Originally Posted by revefsreleets View Post
What I was genuinely shocked at was the trailer for T4. Did anyone know they were making Terminator 4? I didn't. And Christian Bale is playing John Connor, which, as you may have surmised, means that this is the movie we've been waiting for since 1985: Terminator set in a post-apocalyptic world. I just hope they don't screw this up.
ive been following the work on T4 (called Terminator Salvation). from what im hearing they are going in a somewhat different direction for the first of these. they have plans on making 3 new movies all three as much seperate from the original three as they can get. it will go through mankind's struggle for exsistence and introduce a new character- Marcus (played by Sam Worthington). it has been said that Marcus is a decommissioned terminator and last memory is a few years before Judgement Day where he was on death row.

As for the Dark Knight, easly one of the best/favorite movies ive seen. Heath Ledger as the Joker was brilliant. Even Two-Face was a good addition, if it was not the unfortuante death of Ledger id be demanding for another film where maybe the Joker escapes from Arkam (as he did many times in the comics/cartoons) and puts Gotham through more hell, maybe adding another villian to it or Robin.
Old 07-21-2008, 07:22 PM   #10
millwalldavey
Head Coach

Member Number: 6220

bout 30 minutes too long IMHO