Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > General Football > NCAA Football

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Fever Presents...

Steelers Panthers

GAMEDAY
Sunday, September 21, 8:30 PM
NBC

Old 08-31-2009, 10:48 PM   #91
lilyoder6
locked behind Xanax bars

Member Number: 2568
Default Re: Buckeyes Roll Out New Offense Centered On Pryor...

Quote:
Originally Posted by revefsreleets View Post
USC is also in rebuilding mode, but QB WILL be the difference. Their Frosh QB may be really great, but the Shoe at night, in front of 103,000 rabid Buckeye fans, in only his second outing, with a defense out for revenge will be too much for him to handle. And Pryor has a massive chip on his shoulder...I expect him to have a tremendous Heisman-type performance.
yea.. but this is pete carroll we are talking about... if the man thinks this true frosh can lead the team.. i bet he can lead the team...

and doesn't hurt when u have weapons like joe mcknight, cj gable, williams and johnson...

and taylor mays is a freak of nature...

Beer is proof God loves us and wants us to be happy ~ Ben Franklin
Freedom: some use it, Everyone enjoys it, A few defend it.
lilyoder6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2009, 05:57 PM   #92
SteelersinCA
Team Owner
Supporter

Member Number: 9302

Quote:
Originally Posted by revefsreleets View Post
Show me ONE team in Division one football with a tougher 1-2 combo to open with. Most teams open with cream puffs on BOTH weekends...
Va Tech:

1 - #5 Alabama
2 - Marshall
3 - #24 Nebraska
4 - The U

Georgia:

1- #9 Oklahoma St.
2 - South Carolina

There's 2.
SteelersinCA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2009, 07:53 AM   #93
revefsreleets
Living Legend

Member Number: 5353

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelersinCA View Post
Va Tech:

1 - #5 Alabama
2 - Marshall
3 - #24 Nebraska
4 - The U

Georgia:

1- #9 Oklahoma St.
2 - South Carolina

There's 2.
VT is out....USC is ranked higher than Bama, and Marshall is barely in the top 90 teams (Navy is rated somewhere in the 60's, Marshall in the high 80's). Fail there.

Georgia is a slightly better argument, because South Carolina is rated in the 30's compared to Navy's 60's, but USC is still a much tougher draw than USC...

So you found one ARGUABLY tougher schedule....I wonder how many hours you spent combing schedules just so you could win this little meaningless throwaway argument?
Old 09-02-2009, 10:08 AM   #94
SteelersinCA
Team Owner
Supporter

Not long, I looked at the top teams, and you only asked for one like it was an impossibility. Now someone is supposed to come up with more haha, see you next week!
Old 09-02-2009, 10:39 AM   #95
revefsreleets
Living Legend

My point was that you'd be hard pressed to find anyone else scheduling games like that this early in the season...if we open this out a bit and examine long-term trends, there's not a single D-1 team playing these kinds of teams early in the season year in and year out.

I'm proud of the fact that my Buckeyes are willing to play anyone, anytime, anywhere...they are above reproach in that regard, no matter how much ignorant hate their detractors may try and direct towards them concerning their schedule...

Interestingly enough, they have a home/away with VT scheduled. None of the SEC teams accepted their offer...
Old 09-02-2009, 12:03 PM   #96
SteelersinCA
Team Owner
Supporter

Who's directing hate? You asked, I answered.
Old 09-02-2009, 12:45 PM   #97
revefsreleets
Living Legend

I displayed a general garment, and you claim it was tailored just for you....interesting.

You aren't the only person posting on this board...there are scores of OSU haters. Sorry to burst your self-important bubble...

Anyway, tough guy, since you haven't been very forthcoming regarding our little tete a tete, I'm suggesting Panera on Rt 59 in Stow, close to Fishcreek Rd. I usually stop there a couple times a week for coffee on my way into the office, it's close to Akron, and this way I don't have to be greatly inconvenienced when you don't show. 9 AM...and I'll give you a couple different days as options...I can do that Monday, Tuesday or Wednesday (7th, 8th or 9th just to clarify). I'm coming alone, but you are welcome to bring along anyone you feel you need to, it's no bread off my table either way...
Old 09-02-2009, 01:13 PM   #98
SteelersinCA
Team Owner
Supporter

Funny, I don't see anyone in this thread hating on OSU's schedule. Oh well...

I was actually thinking Montrose (or somewhere along 77) area Weds evening, since I will be coming back to Canton from Cleveland. I am certainly not coming to Akron area for pleasure so my time is limited. That is the last evening I have available. I realize making you travel 20 vs 2000 miles would be greatly inconveniencing you. However, you are more than welcome to back out.

Again, what is with this coming alone stuff? Nose to nose, say it to my face; I cannot stress enough if it is a fight you are looking for you will not find it. Why on earth would I need to bring someone?
Old 09-02-2009, 01:27 PM   #99
revefsreleets
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelersinCA View Post
Funny, I don't see anyone in this thread hating on OSU's schedule. Oh well...

I was actually thinking Montrose (or somewhere along 77) area Weds evening, since I will be coming back to Canton from Cleveland. I am certainly not coming to Akron area for pleasure so my time is limited. That is the last evening I have available. I realize making you travel 20 vs 2000 miles would be greatly inconveniencing you. However, you are more than welcome to back out.

Again, what is with this coming alone stuff? Nose to nose, say it to my face; I cannot stress enough if it is a fight you are looking for you will not find it. Why on earth would I need to bring someone?
I can do Weds...but I live in Hartville, close to Canton, so something in Green would work for me. Name a time, and I'll tell you where.

What's up with fighting? This isn't a fight, this is merely me showing up and accepting a challenge to do so...I really hope you DO show up...you'd be the first. The point is, I'm not hiding behind a keyboard, I've been doing this a long time, and this is who I am online and if you meet me in person, I'm the same guy.

Unfortunately, this will NOT be a social call, and I'm merely going to say I showed, so it is what it is...you issued a challenge, I accepted, and that's that...

But I STILL don't think you'll show...
Old 09-02-2009, 01:45 PM   #100
SteelersinCA
Team Owner
Supporter

I feel you have missed the point entirely, maybe you really do ignore what I type, that would be the only plausible explanation at this point.

I have no doubt you are the same guy you are online. No one can consistently be this abrasive without actually being so. You issued the challenge, sir, saying I would never talk like this to you to your face. I merely suggested we meet to find out. Never once have I said you are hiding behind a keyboard, where you get this from is mind boggling.

What's in Green and what time? I prefer somewhere between 4-6, but realize you may be pressed for time because of work. I find it rather fortunate it will not be a social call, you would be piss poor company.