Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > General Football > NCAA Football

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

Old 09-13-2009, 12:37 AM   #131
SteelersinCA
Team Owner
Supporter

Member Number: 9302
Default Re: Buckeyes Roll Out New Offense Centered On Pryor...

I thought his throws were fine, he needed to run more.
SteelersinCA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2009, 01:02 AM   #132
sharkweek
Head Coach

Member Number: 14205

Yeah, it looked like Pryor was still on his leash there. Twice they had the ball inside the 5 and both times they never even tried to hint that Pryor might make a play with his legs. Heck, he didn't even need to run it there, just threaten to so that it opens up an alternative opportunity. Its just very bizarre to watch such talent essentially wasted.

While I might not agree with Edman, he does have a point (but for the wrong reason). The whole purpose of a "sandlot" QB is their versatility, and yet every single QB of that type (Vick included) seems to be put into systems that force or pressure them to become a stereotypical pocket passer, which actually takes away the exact thing that makes them great in the first place. It would be like telling Ben he should get rid of the ball and not try to scramble and extend the play.

While Pryor doesn't look like he'll have have the passing talent of a QB like Ben, his ability to scramble is uncannily reminiscent. So when he can't match the ability through the air, he can at least counter with his legs or at least use that threat to open something up...yet we didn't really see any of that in this game except for the one 3rd and 15 play.
sharkweek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2009, 08:14 AM   #133
xfl2001fan
Living Legend

Member Number: 8741

I think the one other time you saw this was early in the game (first series) when he faked the handoff (hb going left), he started right and his blockers kicked out like he would run...but he pulled up to pass. More plays like that would go a long ways...especially if/when the defense starts to react to it...because then he could take off and run.
Old 09-13-2009, 11:52 AM   #134
revefsreleets
Living Legend

Member Number: 5353

I concur with some of these takes on Pryor...while he's still young and can learn and grow, he needed to run more last night, and him trying to prove he's a legit top-passing talent lost them the game...

I feel bad for the Bucks defense because they played well enough to win...they are going to be VERY difficult for any Big Ten team to score on, and they were as impressive as any Bucks D I've seen in years...no other team will hold USC to under 20 again this year, and you can bank that...

Finally, Yo, CA...great game last night...I made a $20 bet with you, and now it's time to pay the piper (are you paying attention Steel Welch?)...PM with details on how you'd like to be paid...
Old 09-14-2009, 05:21 PM   #135
SteelTalons
Starter

Member Number: 11867

Quote:
Originally Posted by revefsreleets View Post
I had a couple beers with Chris (CA)....he's not a bad fella at all, just misunderstood a few things, and I'm probably guilty of that as well (although it's more being world weary and jaded at this point for me)...Anyway, it's cool moe dee between him and me...

You owe me $50 Steel Head.

I'm probably just going to put you on ignore, 7steelgal...
Get over yourself, at the first sign of someone challenging your big ego or calling you on anything you slap them on your ignore list. I've got no issue with you wanting your money, I'm only taking issue with the fact you act like a damn two year old anytime people don't agree with you. And if you can't "talk some sense into them" you ignore them.

I've got no use for people like you, you might as well ignore me to while you're at it.

Putting 7steelgal on your ignore list when she's been by an large very friendly to everybody, myself include. Even after the political arguments we had. Ignoring her shows this is more about YOU than it is about anything the people your ignoring have said.

Sorry to FS76' and HTG in advance, I know yall don't like personal attacks. But this bastards just full of himself...
SteelTalons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009, 05:27 PM   #136
revefsreleets
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelTalons View Post
Get over yourself, at the first sign of someone challenging your big ego or calling you on anything you slap them on your ignore list. I've got no issue with you wanting your money, I'm only taking issue with the fact you act like a damn two year old anytime people don't agree with you. And if you can't "talk some sense into them" you ignore them.

I've got no use for people like you, you might as well ignore me to while you're at it.

Putting 7steelgal on your ignore list when she's been by an large very friendly to everybody, myself include. Even after the political arguments we had. Ignoring her shows this is more about YOU than it is about anything the people your ignoring have said.

Sorry to FS76' and HTG in advance, I know yall don't like personal attacks. But this bastards just full of himself...
She used extremely poor judgment and backed the wrong horse based on the fact that I measured her and found her wanting in other threads...

By the way, is she your mom or something? WTF do you care? She took umbrage to me calling BS on her BS (which I've done to you before as well, since you are WAY out of your depth in the political forum, kiddo), and she chose THIS particular argument she had nothing to do with and was flat out wrong about to get tangled up in.

And now you're doing the same...

You busybodies crack me up...
Old 09-14-2009, 08:47 PM   #137
Steel Head
Banned

Member Number: 13393

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelTalons View Post

good post

revefsreleets is a virus to these boards. I almost quit posting here because of him but instead just put him on my ignore list and now once again enjoy visiting this site

back on topic though - I really liked the Buckeyes new offense, looks real deadly to me.
Steel Head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2009, 09:32 AM   #138
revefsreleets
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steel Head View Post
good post

revefsreleets is a virus to these boards. I almost quit posting here because of him but instead just put him on my ignore list and now once again enjoy visiting this site

back on topic though - I really liked the Buckeyes new offense, looks real deadly to me.
Meanwhile, in the irony of ironies, this douchebag CONTINUALLY ignores the fact that he made a legitimate bet with me, and is dodging me and now has me on ignore in a super lame attempt to welch.

Talons and 7 BOTH have no horse in this race, no business commenting on this issue, and are, quite frankly, butting in where they don't belong. Meanwhile, where the eff is my $50?
Old 09-21-2009, 05:02 PM   #139
Kvnfaber
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 6695

Quote:
Originally Posted by revefsreleets View Post
no other team will hold USC to under 20 again this year, and you can bank that...
Washington 16, USC 13

Not trying to stir the pot, just thought it was funny that it happened the following week.
Old 09-22-2009, 10:15 AM   #140
revefsreleets
Living Legend

That is just a good old fashioned 100% USC choke...inexcusable. The talent level between those two teams is wider than the Grand Canyon...

If the fans/DM's in SoCal weren't so laid back and lackadaisical, they'd fire Carroll and get a real motivator in there. People bag on Tress for losing big games, but at least he loses BIG games against top 10 foes. Every year Carroll takes, if not THE most talented team top-to-bottom, than at least one of the top 5 and drops an easy game against a poor to mediocre foe. UCLA, Stanford, Oregon State, etc, etc...the teams that have been handing them their regular season defeats are jokes.

It's the same story year after year...come bowl time, they are firing on all cylinders and as good as any team in the country, but they can't get back to the big dance because of a combination of a soft Pac-10 and their one annual jokey loss to some unranked opponent who shouldn't even be in the scoring zip code as the Trojans, let alone BEATING them.