Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Miscellaneous > Locker Room

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Referees    Browns

Old 04-07-2009, 10:16 PM   #11
HometownGal
Living Legend

Member Number: 2413
Default Re: 2 hospitalized after Pine shooting, standoff

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony hipchest View Post
obama is being blamed for the economy. obama was blamed for the kid killing 3 pgh cops.
Seriously, Tony - did you read where anyone here made a big deal out of what that SOB who killed our police officers said about Obama? I think most of us realize that the guy is just a vicious, demented, evil bastard who should have been blown to bits on the spot.

Please - show the big I know you have here and leave Obama and the political banter out of this thread. It has nothing to do with him or politics.

The Anti-Wahoo
HometownGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009, 11:09 PM   #12
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark

Member Number: 658
Thanked 4,845 Times in 2,099 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by HometownGal View Post
Seriously, Tony - did you read where anyone here made a big deal out of what that SOB who killed our police officers said about Obama? .
i read the actual article where this kids closest friends actually spoke out to what was most likely his motive.

as for this thread.... to see it blamed on the 'economy', just strikes me as bunk.

those are my opinions and i am sticking to them.

if you wish, i wont belabor the point no further. but if anyone presses with the bullshit, i may feel compelled to offer up my opinion on the matter.
Old 04-08-2009, 02:30 AM   #13
Preacher
Living Legend

Member Number: 16327

Quote:
i read the actual article where this kids closest friends actually spoke out to what was most likely his motive.

as for this thread.... to see it blamed on the 'economy', just strikes me as bunk.

if you wish, i wont belabor the point no further. but if anyone presses with the bullshit, i may feel compelled to offer up my opinion on the matter.
Tony,

Maybe you didn't understand. I was talking not in political realms here, but as a professional. Part of my training as a pastor is marriage and family therapy (though pastors are usually trained enough to diagnose just enough to hand them off to other professionals).

Year in and year out, finances are seen as a major cause of marital strife and divorce. I don't care how or when. It just is. Do a search on finances and divorce...

Whether this was a democrat or a republican administration, I could care less. Right now in my church, I am dealing with a couple of families that are going through a lot of marital stress, based on finances.

Please read this for what it is Tony, a result of the times, not of any particular president. Matter of fact, if you go back to 1971 (furtherest the data goes back on a year by year comparison) you see a significant correlation between divorce and the economy.

970 ...........
1971 ...........
1972 ...........
1973 ...........
1974 ...........
1975 ...........
1976 ...........
1977 ...........
1978 ...........
1979 ...........
1980 ...........
1981 ...........
1982 ...........
1983 ...........
1984 ...........
1985 ...........
1986 ...........
1987 ...........
1988 ...........
1989 ...........
1990 ...........
1991 ...........
1992 ...........
1993 ...........
1994 ...........
1995 ...........
1996 ...........
1997 ...........
1998 ..........
1999 ..........
2000 ..........
2001 ..........

Notice how it climbed in teh 70's, peaking in the first couple years of the 80's, which was a big recession, and then dropped, along with the economy, until the recession in 1992, when it trended up for a year, then it dropped throughout the rest of the 90's, with the economy doing really well.

I tried finding info after 2001, but couldn't find anything this specific... however, I found were Indonesia studies have concluded that Finances and infidelity are the main causes of divorce there. http://familylaw.typepad.com/stats/2...sia_chang.html

Frustrating, I can't find any charts from 2001 through 2008. Though my guess is that it diminished over the decade some, then rose a bit in the last 18 months or so... but again, that is just a guess.
Preacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2009, 07:22 AM   #14
HometownGal
Living Legend

Member Number: 2413

Quote:

I've read many articles in the past couple of days on that subject and know what his friends said. Again - no one made an issue of what was said on this board. My point here is that there is no reason to drag Obama or politics into THIS thread when those topics have nothing to do with the topic at hand.

You are always entitled to your opinions, of course, and all I am asking is that we keep this thread on its original topic of a man and woman being shot in their Pine Township home.

I'm not singling you out here - this request is directed at everyone who reads this thread.

Thanks!

The Anti-Wahoo
HometownGal is offline   Reply With Quote