Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Giants Giants
August 9th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 01-09-2006, 12:07 AM   #11
Koopa
Living Legend

Member Number: 508
Default Re: 4/59/0 ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony hipchest
but we could just draft someone who we hope has a pair of hands and have him sit the bench for a year while he learns the system. or we can stick with a great young prospect who is what got us to the 2nd round of the playoffs. otherwise we shouldve just traded up last year for deangello hall or dunta robinson and forgotten about big ben. hell, ty law will be out there for about 7-10 mil a year, maybe we should morgage our future and go for him. hes got great hands. (where is he now though?)
just a question. wtf are you talkin about? if you talkin about me during the game when i said we should draft someone with hands don't mean i want ike to go. it would just be good to add someone to the secondary. what the hell does hall or robinson have to do with this. i never thought once about them, at first i wanted eli but then i heard him cry to his daddy and big brother about playign for the chargers so i switched and wanted us to draft ben. (i would've ben pissed if we got stuck with rivers) and by the way to answer yo last question, he's in the pro bowl
Koopa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2006, 12:09 AM   #12
BlitzburghRockCity
Banned

Member Number: 70

Go get em Ike !! you da man !
BlitzburghRockCity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2006, 12:29 AM   #13
SteelerFanInCA
Team President
Supporter

Member Number: 875

Nice game CJ.
SteelerFanInCA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2006, 04:22 AM   #14
clevestinks
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 302

I wish Ike play CJ every week, he seems to up his game for this match up
Old 01-09-2006, 08:41 AM   #15
Suitanim
Banned
Supporter

Member Number: 591

Posted this in Blast Furnace, but here it works here to.

4/59/0
Season total against Steelers 13/207/0
Avg/game 4.3/69/0

Not really much to talk about really...fairly average.
Suitanim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2006, 11:49 AM   #16
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark

Member Number: 658
Thanked 6,226 Times in 2,678 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koopa
just a question. wtf are you talkin about? if you talkin about me during the game when i said we should draft someone with hands don't mean i want ike to go. it would just be good to add someone to the secondary. what the hell does hall or robinson have to do with this. i never thought once about them, at first i wanted eli but then i heard him cry to his daddy and big brother about playign for the chargers so i switched and wanted us to draft ben. (i would've ben pissed if we got stuck with rivers) and by the way to answer yo last question, he's in the pro bowl
my whole point is that were probably as good as were gonna get in the secondary right now and going into next season. i think getting a great corner is out of the question. why? cause it will cost too much in several different areas. i used dunta and hall as an example cause we couldve tried for one of them but it wouldve cost us not picking ben.
we could trade for someone like champ bailey but that would cost us one of our best players. we could try and get ty law but that will cost us 7-10 mil/year. we are strapped, but what we have done is draft young projects who we can develop. ike taylor was the fastest cb in his draft class but he only had 1 year of experience at the position. i bet mcfadden will have a break out season like polamalu did in his 2nd year. colclough still has lots of potential and this safety tyrone carter just seems to make plays when he needs to. i bet they have a chip on their shoulder going into next season for being considered the weak link. i think they will work hard to improve and i bet cowher has them doing ball catching drills. he seemed a little irritatated when discussing all the secondary drops last week.
tony hipchest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2006, 03:33 PM   #17
Sharkissle29
Team President

Member Number: 910

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koopa
looking around looking........still looking. nope nowhere did i see i want ike cut or don't want him back oh wait looky here i'm actually saying in my first post in this thread saying hopefully we resign him
looking...looking...well, i dont see that i said anything about you saying you wanted him cut. i was saying what i think the team should do.
Old 01-09-2006, 03:40 PM   #18
Grey
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 727

Quote:
Originally Posted by St33lers
for some reason, i just love ike. he should be in cocloughs spot returning kick offs, ****lough hasnt done anything back there
Great point. I liked seeing Ike back there once Q got hurt. I think Ike and Q might give us a spark on returns. He had a nice return yesterday; I was suprised how fast and direct he ran. Nice.

Here we go.

Grey
Grey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2006, 07:35 PM   #19
Sharkissle29
Team President

Member Number: 910

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grey
Great point. I liked seeing Ike back there once Q got hurt. I think Ike and Q might give us a spark on returns. He had a nice return yesterday; I was suprised how fast and direct he ran. Nice.

Here we go.

Grey
i was also a bit suprised of his speed and acceleration, anyone have ikes 40 time...rep points whoever gets it for me with a link...im too lazy
Old 01-09-2006, 07:49 PM   #20
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark

Member Number: 658
Thanked 6,226 Times in 2,678 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by St33lers
i was also a bit suprised of his speed and acceleration, anyone have ikes 40 time...rep points whoever gets it for me with a link...im too lazy
i dont have a link but i remember it being like a 4.24 at the combine. he was about the 12-15th ranked cb in the draft that year. all he had was speed and nothing else but 1 year experience. but he was the fastest i know that for sure. i remember thinking "damn, we just got the fastest cb in this years draft"

like i said im going off of memory from usa todays sports weekly draft preview from that year.

Last edited by tony hipchest; 01-09-2006 at 07:59 PM.
tony hipchest is offline   Reply With Quote