Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Miscellaneous > Locker Room

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

An important history lesson for you TRUE Steelers fans!

Old 04-10-2009, 02:38 PM   #11
Fire Haley
Banned

Member Number: 763
Thanked 1,098 Times in 768 Posts
Default Re: Give President Obama a grade

When pork is outlawed, only outlaws will have pork.
Fire Haley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2009, 02:42 PM   #12
steelreserve
Goatse + Tubgirl = $$$

Member Number: 1976

I just don't think it's possible to give him an A or an F, because whatever he's done hasn't really had enough time to actually start screwing things up yet.

Last edited by HometownGal; 04-10-2009 at 08:22 PM. Reason: No F Bombs!!
steelreserve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2009, 03:09 PM   #13
HometownGal
Living Legend

Member Number: 2413

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelreserve View Post
I just don't think it's possible to give him an A or an F, because whatever he's done hasn't really had enough time to actually start screwing things up yet.
That's because he's adopted most of Bush's policies, which he ridiculed on his campaign trail to the White House, and now wants to take credit for. Guess those policies really weren't so bad, huh?

I should have given him an F for showing himself to be a complete and utter Fraud.

One and done.

The Anti-Wahoo

Last edited by HometownGal; 04-10-2009 at 08:22 PM. Reason: Edited F bomb out of quote
HometownGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2009, 03:49 PM   #14
KeiselPower99
Living Legend

Member Number: 8552

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelreserve View Post
I just don't think it's possible to give him an A or an F, because whatever he's done hasn't really had enough time to actually start f***ing things up yet.
Old 04-10-2009, 03:50 PM   #15
SteelCityMan786
SF's Youngest Legend

Member Number: 541

He gets an Incomplete in my book. Too early in his term

but if you forced me to, he'd get an EF(Epic Fail)

786 Ways To Score Touchdowns
SteelCityMan786 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2009, 04:02 PM   #16
steelreserve
Goatse + Tubgirl = $$$

Quote:
Originally Posted by HometownGal View Post
That's because he's adopted most of Bush's policies, which he ridiculed on his campaign trail to the White House, and now wants to take credit for. Guess those policies really weren't so bad, huh?
Some of them. Some of them were pretty stupid, though. For example, I was not a big fan of a lot of the religion-based crap over the past several years, and couldn't be happier to see it go. I also think Bush could've done a lot better job dealing with energy matters -- first the Western power crisis and then the $4.50-a-gallon gas. Basically, some small action saying, "No, it's not OK to blatantly rip people off when they don't have a choice" is all I would've been looking for ... but in either case, nothing.

On the other hand, all the morons shooting guns in the air and shouting "Death to America" seem to have been safely confined to Pakistan for the past several years, and this new idea that jacking up all the taxes is going to help is not something I am going to get behind. Suffice to say that I do not appreciate being told that it's in my best interest for them to take a couple thousand dollars that I worked for, and give it to my friendly neighbor up the road in Oakland, who spends all day holding down his porch or showing off his gold teef and smokin' hella weed.

So each party has some dumb ideas, but yeah, I won't be sad at all to see Obama go. I could stand four more years of Republicans a lot more easily than I could paying a few thousand dollars per year so people can have HOPE.
Old 04-10-2009, 04:15 PM   #17
Vincent
Team President
Supporter

Member Number: 10927

How he's doing depends on whether you're a @#$%ing communist or an American, and the polarity reflected in the poll shows that.

What disturbs me about that poll is the low numbers giving him an "A" vs the high numbers giving him an "F":. Where was that ratio when it mattered?

Oh, and I give the commie rat bastard the "F" he deserves. And one for Mich as well.

"We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress & the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution,
but overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution."

Abraham Lincoln
Vincent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2009, 04:55 PM   #18
steelreserve
Goatse + Tubgirl = $$$

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vincent View Post
What disturbs me about that poll is the low numbers giving him an "A" vs the high numbers giving him an "F":. Where was that ratio when it mattered?
They were busy being angry at Bush.

If there's one thing I've come to be absolutely certain about, it's that no matter who you are, being the current president means 20% more people will automatically be pissed off at you than before or after you were president. I don't know why this happens, but it's been true for pretty much every president since the 1960s.

So during the election, a lot of the people who don't like Obama now hadn't had a chance to develop any disdain yet.
Old 04-10-2009, 04:58 PM   #19
revefsreleets
Living Legend

Member Number: 5353

Obama only adopted the best of Bush's policies by the way. He skipped over some of the more questionable and shaky ones, and nothing on the religious front.

The problem is that he pretty much said everything Bush did was wrong, so....how could he adopt ANY Bush policy?

Flip.
Flop.
Old 04-10-2009, 06:22 PM   #20
steelreserve
Goatse + Tubgirl = $$$

Quote:
Originally Posted by revefsreleets View Post
Obama only adopted the best of Bush's policies by the way. He skipped over some of the more questionable and shaky ones, and nothing on the religious front.

The problem is that he pretty much said everything Bush did was wrong, so....how could he adopt ANY Bush policy?

Flip.
Flop.
That's easy -- you get elected by saying "Vote for me, I'm not Bush!" I mean, you'd have to be a fool not to capitalize on people's anger and fed-upedness toward him. Then when you actually get into office, it's pretty obvious that there are certain things in place that are really party-neutral, and they are there because they make sense ... so changing them for the sake of changing them would be really stupid and you'd be shooting yourself in the foot.

So basically, for campaign purposes, the Republicans are 100% stupid and 0% common sense. In reality, neither party is THAT inept, so the Democrats are stupid on 30% of issues and the Republicans are stupid on a different 30%. So when you get into office, you change the most extreme stuff your party disagrees with ... and figure that people thinking you're a hypocrite for leaving some stuff alone is better than changing things that don't need fixing, and then having people really mad at you for making things up worse.

Last edited by HometownGal; 04-10-2009 at 08:21 PM. Reason: No F Bombs please!!
steelreserve is offline   Reply With Quote