Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

 Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Miscellaneous > Locker Room


Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Giants Giants
August 9th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 04-24-2009, 05:58 PM   #91
Steel_12
Starter
Supporter
 
Steel_12's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Fort Walton Beach, Florida
Posts: 475
Gender: Male
Member Number: 8295
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Does Obama "Hate White People? Native Americans"?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Preacher View Post
Yes obama did . . . but the video CLEARLY shows that he did bow.
oh ok
Steel_12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2009, 06:03 PM   #92
billybob
Banned
 

Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 822
Member Number: 5364
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Does Obama "Hate White People? Native Americans"?

Tomlins black and i love him in charge of our team. Obama is black and i don't know about that yet.
billybob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2009, 06:06 PM   #93
Steel_12
Starter
Supporter
 
Steel_12's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Fort Walton Beach, Florida
Posts: 475
Gender: Male
Member Number: 8295
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Does Obama "Hate White People? Native Americans"?

Quote:
Originally Posted by xfl2001fan View Post
It's not the scale that Katrina was...but the stating that a "White" president didn't visit "Black" folks in NO makes him a racist is ludicrous. Which is why Revs points out that a "Black" president not visiting "White" folks should be held to the same scrutiny. It's no more OK to pull the race card on a White President than it is on a Black President.




My bad, it wasn't "you" white people, it was "most" white people...which is equally as bad...because the instant you say most, you infer that over 50% of "white people" bash Obama. You (essentially) called over half the "white" population racists. Nice widespread over-generalization.

You said this in the Give Obama a Grade thread. There's a link and your quote (in its entirety) for your viewing pleasure.
http://forums.steelersfever.com/show...t=35134&page=9


So apparently you do talk like that.


From Whom? You think the Mods will sit around and let racism happen? Please. Again with the over-generalization...you say most people...which people? Non-Blacks? Whites? Mexicans? You are still differentiating based on the color of skin. That's wrong. Where have you seen it. I prefer proof. As for sly comments, are you taking them out of context? Because the only way to know if someone means something on the internet is to ask. Most of us that post here regularly (if we make those comments) are making it in a joking manner. Whether you see it as such or not is your business.


BWAHAHAHAHA No media bias? Then why can Fox News and CNN report the same exact story in completely different formats/light and get completely different opinions. You are completely out of it bro if you think there is no media bias. There is a LOT of media bias, although some smaller networks (PBS) do minimize it.

I am not saying (nor have I ever said) that the severity between Katrina and ND is similar. I'm not asking for Global media coverage because ND got flooded. Nor is Rev. Rev is only asking that the media report the stories for Obama as they did for Bush. I won't get into it again, because I explained that above.

SF is a great forum. Nobody questions that, nor why people are drawn here.
Proof? Read every anti-Obama thread and there's your proof. Or any thread that says somebody is a thug, gangsta or ghetto. Exactly...it's my business to see it how I want to see it.

And what exactly did you prove by posting a link to the other thread? I still didn't say "you people". I replied to your post...calm down man lol

If what happened in ND was similar to NO, then I'm 100% sure it would've gotten more media attention and if Obama didn't go he would've gotten scrutinized like G-Dub! Nit-picky shit like this is why people like me think the same thing. Maybe he meant it like you said he did but it doesn't seem that way to me.
Steel_12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2009, 06:21 PM   #94
Steel_12
Starter
Supporter
 
Steel_12's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Fort Walton Beach, Florida
Posts: 475
Gender: Male
Member Number: 8295
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Does Obama "Hate White People? Native Americans"?

Quote:
Originally Posted by HometownGal View Post
Ohhhhhh - I see it now. It's "funny" when someone called GWB a "racist" but when anyone dares to say something negative about The Savior, they're doing so because of the color of his skin? Do you even realize how hypocritical that is???



I think you'd better go back and do a little research on what a lot of those people in NO expected from the government after Katrina, son. When the government gave each of them thousands of dollars worth of prepaid credit cards to purchase food, new clothing, hoursehold furnishings, etc. that they lost in the wake of the hurricane, what did some of them do with that money? Blew it on bling, dope, booze, prostitutes and everything else except what that government aid was intended for. Then they turned around and had the audacity to complain that the government wasn't doing anything to help them.



Obama captialized on the naivety of the average voter who got caught up in his rhetoric and smooth talk. We're a little over 4 months into his presidency and what has he changed other than to put this country farther into debt with that poor excuse of a stimulus plan, ordered the close of Gitmo which I believe will bite him (and sadly, the citizens of this country) in the ass one day in the future and adopted most of the same Bush policies that he admonished and ridiculed during his campaign.

Let me ask you something I've asked several people on this board and have yet to receive an answer.

Why did you vote for Obama?
Actually, if you read everything I had to say you'd see the reason why I thought it was funny. And I said it was racist because he called Obama a racist. Nothing hypocritical about what I said. You're a mod...you should know to go back and read the whole post before replying

So did you see the receipts of all the bling (lol if that's not a stereotype) and booze...were you there when they bought dope and prostitutes? Me either...so we dont' know what it was spent on. I'm guessing the people who complained were just greedy...but that's just a guess. I like my guess better than your assumptions.

Did we judge Tomlin after 4 months into his job? How can you judge anybody until after their tenure is over and done with.

What makes you think I voted for Obama lol...The people who did vote for Obama probably wanted change from the previous C-I-C. A lot of people voted for him because he was different. Some people voted for him becauase he was a minority (not just black people). I voted for Obama for his views on Education, Equal pay, Healthcare, Immigration, Affirmitive Action etc...

Why didn't you vote for him?
Steel_12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2009, 06:22 PM   #95
Steel_12
Starter
Supporter
 
Steel_12's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Fort Walton Beach, Florida
Posts: 475
Gender: Male
Member Number: 8295
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Does Obama "Hate White People? Native Americans"?

Quote:
Originally Posted by billybob View Post
Tomlins black and i love him in charge of our team. Obama is black and i don't know about that yet.
I'm black...what about me? I love French and Canadian women...especially Canadian...they love me back
Steel_12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2009, 06:25 PM   #96
billybob
Banned
 

Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 822
Member Number: 5364
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Does Obama "Hate White People? Native Americans"?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Preacher View Post
\

Your French Canadian? Excuse me, French Canadien?

That explains EVERYTHING Mr. Mach 5!

My father was an infantry world war 2 veteran , who fought in the "Battle or the bulge " . He accumulated 2 purple hearts , with oak leaf clusters. They were buried with him in 1997. He was shot in the hip , and one traveled through his outstretched arm from the wrist , and exited his elbow , underneath his skin the whole way. He was born in 1922 and helped to preserve our country into what it is today. He was more of a man than i will probably ever hope to be , but i loved him , and i miss him. A lot of people are here today because of my father , and brave men like him . It's such a crime that someone can plaster someone because of their race , or background. I am ashamed of you " preacher ".
billybob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2009, 07:36 PM   #97
HometownGal
Living Legend
 
HometownGal's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: The Burgh
Posts: 21,479
Gender: Female
Member Number: 2413
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Does Obama "Hate White People? Native Americans"?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steel_12 View Post
Actually, if you read everything I had to say you'd see the reason why I thought it was funny. And I said it was racist because he called Obama a racist. Nothing hypocritical about what I said. You're a mod...you should know to go back and read the whole post before replying
I DID read everything you've posted in this thread so please don't insult my intelligence here, k? My being a Mod has nothing to do with my ability to read and form my opinions, which 99.9% of the time, I base on straight facts. Me thinks YOU are the one with the reading comprehension problem here, pal. xfl2001fan hit the nail on the head - we do not tolerate racism around here and if we felt revs was out of line in this thread or any other thread, it would be promptly dealt with and he is aware of that. In addition - he has class and wouldn't stoop that low. All we ask is that people respect each other's opinions whether they agree or disagree with those opinions.

Again, it was YOU who played the race card when you realized that not everyone around here worships at the Obama altar, which has absolutely NOTHING to do with the man's color. Most of us who oppose Obama do so because we weren't and aren't bamboozled by his smooth talk, endless rhetoric and being as phony as a three dollar bill.

Quote:
So did you see the receipts of all the bling (lol if that's not a stereotype) and booze...were you there when they bought dope and prostitutes? Me either...so we dont' know what it was spent on. I'm guessing the people who complained were just greedy...but that's just a guess. I like my guess better than your assumptions.
There you go with that race card again. Give it a freakin' rest.

Don't know where you were or what you were doing after Katrina hit, but the fraud that was committed by some of these people was all over the news - CBS, MSNBC, CNN, Fox, etc. Do a google search and read all about it. I like my facts better than your guess.

Quote:
Did we judge Tomlin after 4 months into his job? How can you judge anybody until after their tenure is over and done with.
Sure we did and he got a damned good review because he DID what he said he was going to do, unlike The Savior.

Quote:
What makes you think I voted for Obama lol...
Quote:
I voted for Obama for his views on Education, Equal pay, Healthcare, Immigration, Affirmitive Action etc...
Enough said.

Quote:
Why didn't you vote for him?
Because he goes against everything I believe in morally and spiritually, as well as my own platform is almost diametrically opposite to his. I also don't believe the guy has the backbone, the knowledge (I know, I know - he's a Harvard grad. I worked with a few Harvard grads during my career as a paralegal and two of them were as dumb as brussel sprouts) or the experience to hold the highest office in the land, as he is quickly proving all on his own.

P.S. I've long said right here on this very board that I believe Michelle Obama to be a racist due to comments she's made about "whitey" in the past and I stand by that opinion.
__________________


The Anti-Wahoo

Last edited by HometownGal; 04-24-2009 at 07:47 PM.
HometownGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2009, 08:13 PM   #98
Steel_12
Starter
Supporter
 
Steel_12's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Fort Walton Beach, Florida
Posts: 475
Gender: Male
Member Number: 8295
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Does Obama "Hate White People? Native Americans"?

Quote:
Originally Posted by HometownGal View Post
I DID read everything you've posted in this thread so please don't insult my intelligence here, k? My being a Mod has nothing to do with my ability to read and form my opinions, which 99.9% of the time, I base on straight facts. Me thinks YOU are the one with the reading comprehension problem here, pal. xfl2001fan hit the nail on the head - we do not tolerate racism around here and if we felt revs was out of line in this thread or any other thread, it would be promptly dealt with and he is aware of that. In addition - he has class and wouldn't stoop that low. All we ask is that people respect each other's opinions whether they agree or disagree with those opinions.

Again, it was YOU who played the race card when you realized that not everyone around here worships at the Obama altar, which has absolutely NOTHING to do with the man's color. Most of us who oppose Obama do so because we weren't and aren't bamboozled by his smooth talk, endless rhetoric and being as phony as a three dollar bill.



There you go with that race card again. Give it a freakin' rest.

Don't know where you were or what you were doing after Katrina hit, but the fraud that was committed by some of these people was all over the news - CBS, MSNBC, CNN, Fox, etc. Do a google search and read all about it. I like my facts better than your guess.



Sure we did and he got a damned good review because he DID what he said he was going to do, unlike The Savior.





Enough said.



Because he goes against everything I believe in morally and spiritually, as well as my own platform is almost diametrically opposite to his. I also don't believe the guy has the backbone, the knowledge (I know, I know - he's a Harvard grad. I worked with a few Harvard grads during my career as a paralegal and two of them were as dumb as brussel sprouts) or the experience to hold the highest office in the land, as he is quickly proving all on his own.

P.S. I've long said right here on this very board that I believe Michelle Obama to be a racist due to comments she's made about "whitey" in the past and I stand by that opinion.
Insult your intelligence? I would never do such a thing...it was sarcasm. I'm not a serious person...especially on a message board.

Again, I didn't play the race card. Revs did and I called him on it. Funny how people are quick to scream reverse racism but I scream reverse race card and it's a problem lol. Bamboozled? Wow, just keep the negro words coming!! lol

So bling isn't a stereotypical word...and I'm using the race card by saying that it is? Every time a black person has a problem with something, race card is the first thing that's said. Many jokes about black people are made using the word bling...how is it not stereotypical?

How can anybody know that people spent FEMA checks on "dope" (lol still funny) and hookers?

So you would've rather had Bush Jr. aka McCain running this country...with a backwoods VP whose dumber than me (and that's pretty dumb)? Cool, that's your opinion and I respect that. As far as Mrs. Obama goes, who hasn't said a racial remark in their life? Yes, thinking it is that same as saying it...didn't you mention something about being a hypocrite earlier?
Steel_12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2009, 08:27 PM   #99
SteelersinCA
Team Owner
Supporter
 
SteelersinCA's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: San Diego, CA
Posts: 2,537
Gender: Male
Member Number: 9302
Thanks: 4
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Does Obama "Hate White People? Native Americans"?

Meh politicians are all the same, I'd rather have a VP that's hot, all things being equal.
SteelersinCA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2009, 08:43 PM   #100
HometownGal
Living Legend
 
HometownGal's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: The Burgh
Posts: 21,479
Gender: Female
Member Number: 2413
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Does Obama "Hate White People? Native Americans"?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steel_12 View Post
Insult your intelligence? I would never do such a thing...it was sarcasm. I'm not a serious person...especially on a message board.
That is obvious but thanks for letting me know.

Quote:
Again, I didn't play the race card. Revs did and I called him on it. Funny how people are quick to scream reverse racism but I scream reverse race card and it's a problem lol. Bamboozled? Wow, just keep the negro words coming!! lol
Sorry, but I don't see anywhere that revs played the race card.

Are you freakin' nuts or just plain ignorant? Bamboozled is now a "negro" word? Get over yourself. I'll say it one more time and maybe you'll be able to comprehend a little better. Give it a try - go ahead - YES YOU CAN!

YOU PLAYED THE RACE CARD IN THIS THREAD and you just did it again above. To make it easier, pay attention to the bolded text above. ^^^^

Quote:
So bling isn't a stereotypical word...and I'm using the race card by saying that it is? Every time a black person has a problem with something, race card is the first thing that's said. Many jokes about black people are made using the word bling...how is it not stereotypical?
I don't believe that the word "bling" is a "stereotypical word" at all and obviously, neither does Mr. Webster:

http://plus.aol.com/aol/dictionary?query=bling&flv=1

Quote:
1 results for: bling
bling-bling | noun
Main Entry: bling-bling !bliN-+bliN
Pronunciation: \ ˈbliŋ-ˌbliŋ \
Function: noun
Etymology: imitative
Date: 1999
Results
1999 flashy jewelry worn especially as an indication of wealth broadly expensive and ostentatious possessions
Guess my facts again trump your guess.

Quote:
How can anybody know that people spent FEMA checks on "dope" (lol still funny) and hookers?
Because these mental midgets did nothing to hide the fact that they were spending the aid given to them by the government irresponsibly. Again - do a Google search and read all about it. Doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out that people living at poverty level before Katrina suddenly are in possession of plasma TV's, pricey bling, expensive cars, etc., etc., etc. after they were aided by the government. Drug trafficking is HUGE in NO and it was reported that trafficking was on the rise after Katrina in NO and the surrounding area. 1 + 1 = 2.

Quote:
So you would've rather had Bush Jr. aka McCain running this country...with a backwoods VP whose dumber than me (and that's pretty dumb)?
HELL YES and twice on Sunday.

If McCain is Bush, Jr., I suppose that makes The Savior Bush III since he's been adopting quite a few of the same GWB policies that he denounced. And speaking of VP's - I'd rather have Sarah Palin as my VP than a drunken, foul-mouthed dullard like Biden. Speaking of which - he's been virtually invisible since the election. Is he on another bender? :

Quote:
As far as Mrs. Obama goes, who hasn't said a racial remark in their life? Yes, thinking it is that same as saying it...didn't you mention something about being a hypocrite earlier?
Are you serious? Oops - I forgot - you're "never serious". My mistake.

I guess everyone who has made a racist remark in their lives or has "thought it" is the spouse of a former Senator and current President of the United States. This is a woman who American women are supposed to look up to as a role model. I have no respect for her whatsoever and as I said - I view her as a racist. A turnip has more class. Sarah Palin isn't perfect, but she has more class and dignity in her left niplet than Michelle Obama has in her entire being.
__________________


The Anti-Wahoo
HometownGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:32 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Shoutbox provided by vBShout v6.2.1 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.0.8 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd. Runs best on HiVelocity Hosting.
Navbar with Avatar by Motorradforum
no new posts