Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Miscellaneous > Locker Room

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Bucs

Old 04-29-2009, 09:42 AM   #171
HometownGal
Living Legend

Member Number: 2413
Default Re: Does Obama "Hate White People? Native Americans"?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIGBENFASTWILLIE View Post
No.... Obama does not hate white people
The jury is still out on that one, but his wife and his former spiritual mentor sure do.

The Anti-Wahoo
HometownGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 10:34 AM   #172
xfl2001fan
Living Legend

Member Number: 8741

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIGBENFASTWILLIE View Post
No.... Obama does not hate white people
Nice. Don't bother reading the post or the intent of the OP. Just ignore the entirety of the topic and act like you know what you're talking about.
Old 04-29-2009, 10:49 AM   #173
GBMelBlount
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 5140
Thanked 2,067 Times in 946 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony hipchest View Post

THATS RIGHT.... americans liberated themselves.
If you're such a fan of people taking the personal responsibility and initiative to liberate themselves and improving their own situation, as opposed to others helping them do it, then why are you such a big fan of the lower and middle class being helped (forcefully by government) as opposed to "liberating themselves" and taking personal responsibility for bettering their lives......

Just curious.

~ 3 Doors Down

GBMelBlount is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 11:24 AM   #174
revefsreleets
Living Legend

Member Number: 5353

Interesting that you bring that up, GB...why is it that almost no one is talking about Obama's sweeping welfare rollback? He single-handedly undid all the good that Clinton accomplished when he changed Welfare back to temporary relief.

Thanks Obama, Welfare is now once again the entrenched generational system of entitlement for poor people to do nothing and become nothing. Yay Obama!
Old 04-29-2009, 12:06 PM   #175
HAWK
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 12888

Quote:
Originally Posted by RunWillieRun View Post
What a gem this post is.

Killing Iraqis? Way to disrespect our military and the great people who liberated that nation. You are ignorant.

Sorry, but taking more money from the rich and directly cutting a check to the 40% of people who pay no income tax (as is the case under Obama's plan) IS redistribution of wealth and does nothing to further encourage success in the rich or poor.

No one is arguing that the government needs money to 'fix pot holes or schools." People are upset that more of their money is going to grow government and expand social programs and the entitlement nation.

Your post proves you have no idea why people are upset with this administration and that you are just regurgitating liberal talking points.
First off, I apologize for being so glib when referring to our troops. I was referring to our governments gross misuse of our military's men and women. To send our troops into battle and possibly death for something IMO is not in our country's best interests is unforgivable. Damn the massive debt it has caused. What about the many deaths and the countless injuries our men and women have suffered. and for what?

As far as where this money is going....you should read up on what exactly "our" money is being spent on. Very little of it is going to the welfare programs you refer to. Much of it comes in the forms of tax cuts or the spending is being focused on gov programs that are suffering due to the state of the economy/unemployment/etc.

http://projects.nytimes.com/44th_president/stimulus

As far as me being upset. You're right, I am upset. I'm upset that people are so quick to blame Obama 100 days in when the burden of the last 8 years (actually a lot longer than 8 years) is not something that's going to be fixed quickly. There are things with Obama I do not like and things I'm happy to see him pushing. But for our children's sake I hope that Obama turns out to be the greatest president we've ever had. I simply don't understand those of you who want his policies to fail. If his policies fail, then this country sinks a little lower.
Old 04-29-2009, 12:18 PM   #176
HAWK
Bench Warmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by xfl2001fan View Post
Yes, but some people don't like Coke products and other's don't like Pepsi products. I'm a centrally leaning conservative. There are some things I'm adamant about (pro-life) but even then, there are exceptions to the rules. However, saying that life is an illusion makes it sound like you have no vision. You just sip on the latest brand of kool-aid being handed to you.
I never said that life was an illusion. I said we all fall into the trap that the choice between Republican and Democrat is an illusion. Because when the cameras are off they're both one big happy family.

Quote:
I didn't vote Obama because I don't trust him with the middle class, upper class or lower class. As for my boy, things would have been different. For one, McCain wasn't bowing to another leader. Either they meet on equal terms, or they don't meet. Maybe that's too hard core for you, but I prefer a guy who will make a choice and stand by it. Shows he's got some balls. And if you're going to run the greatest nation on the planet, then you need to have some balls. Hell, Hillary has more balls than Obama does. And that's including when she gives Bill his back.
There's nothing really worth replying to here.

Quote:
Killing Iraqis? Is that what I did while deployed? Were you there with each of our Soldiers? I suppose that building the houses, churches and homes as well as performing life preserving surgeries and the like is to be completely ignored? Don't disrespect my brothers and sisters in arms with your classless and clueless over generalization. You apparently haven't served, and if you have, then you are a complete disgrace.
See my post above this one.

Quote:
Yeah, taking hard earned tax payers dollars and giving it to the rich as$holes who couldn't get it right the first time...with no strings attached...is the right way to go.
Don't you mean what Bush had already done and what McCain was pushing for during his campaign. But I get it...it's ALL Obama's fault. This philosophy might be wrong...but stop pretending it's a new one.

Quote:
So, in which country has the "trickle up" theory ever worked in the history of mankind? Germany? Nope. China? Nope. Russia? Nope. Sorry bud. Until such time that you can show me that it works, you have no basis with which to stand on. Personally, I'm all for 1 flat tax rate across the board. Close all the loopholes. The more you make, the more you get taxed with no way out. But, you want to classify me as if I'm some Big Rich Oil Distributing Greedy Capitalistic Pig...so you wouldn't bother asking me. You just assume and continue to make a bigger ass out of yourself than anyone else.
If you haven't noticed, the "trickle down" theory isn't exactly working to well these days either. I'm actually a flat-tax supporter as well. But that would cause the rich to pay more in taxes than they did under Bush. And there's a lot of politicians on both side of the aisle that have an obligation to their "friends" to never let that happen.
Old 04-29-2009, 12:20 PM   #177
xfl2001fan
Living Legend

There's a difference between wanting someones policies to fail and watching them put failed policies into place.

There's a difference between wanting someone to fail...and watching their hypocrisy as they take on "failed policies" from the previous "failed administration." Especially with the media just sitting by and saying next to nothing.

Do I want Obama to fail? Absolutely not. Do I believe he's going to...at the rate that he's going, absolutely.
Old 04-29-2009, 12:31 PM   #178
xfl2001fan
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by HAWK View Post
I never said that life was an illusion. I said we all fall into the trap that the choice between Republican and Democrat is an illusion. Because when the cameras are off they're both one big happy family.
Are pretty much all politicians scum. Sure, the difference is, I believe that I can count on the Republicans to keep with my fundamental beliefs far more than I can count on the Dems. Little things like the push for gun control. It's never done any country any good. EVER. Republicans stand in the way of that kind of law being passed. Yeah, they're trash, but a better form of trash than their Dem counterparts.

Quote:
There's nothing really worth replying to here.

See my post above this one.
Of course you won't reply to those. I'm right. You're just some piece of trash who has been given kool-aid all his life and doesn't really want to think for himself. Why do that when you can have someone think for you and tell you what to do, what to say and where to go.

Quote:
Don't you mean what Bush had already done and what McCain was pushing for during his campaign. But I get it...it's ALL Obama's fault. This philosophy might be wrong...but stop pretending it's a new one.
It's not all Obama's fault. I think Obama doesn't have near enough experience to lead this nation in the manner that it needs in order to fix the under lying problems we have. He's too busy trying to appease other nations and reading from teleprompters. The longer he campaigned/has been in office, the more I get the feeling that he's a puppet president with someone else pulling strings Get him away from the teleprompter and he's every bit the fumbling bumbling guy that Libs have made Bush out to be.

Quote:
If you haven't noticed, the "trickle down" theory isn't exactly working to well these days either. I'm actually a flat-tax supporter as well. But that would cause the rich to pay more in taxes than they did under Bush. And there's a lot of politicians on both side of the aisle that have an obligation to their "friends" to never let that happen.
Yeah, so instead of tweaking the underlying issues of the trickle down effect, let's scrap it for a system that has EPIC FAIL written all over it throughout history.
Old 04-29-2009, 12:50 PM   #179
HAWK
Bench Warmer

Quote:
Are pretty much all politicians scum. Sure, the difference is, I believe that I can count on the Republicans to keep with my fundamental beliefs far more than I can count on the Dems. Little things like the push for gun control. It's never done any country any good. EVER. Republicans stand in the way of that kind of law being passed. Yeah, they're trash, but a better form of trash than their Dem counterparts.

Of course you won't reply to those. I'm right. You're just some piece of trash who has been given kool-aid all his life and doesn't really want to think for himself. Why do that when you can have someone think for you and tell you what to do, what to say and where to go.

It's not all Obama's fault. I think Obama doesn't have near enough experience to lead this nation in the manner that it needs in order to fix the under lying problems we have. He's too busy trying to appease other nations and reading from teleprompters. The longer he campaigned/has been in office, the more I get the feeling that he's a puppet president with someone else pulling strings Get him away from the teleprompter and he's every bit the fumbling bumbling guy that Libs have made Bush out to be.

Yeah, so instead of tweaking the underlying issues of the trickle down effect, let's scrap it for a system that has EPIC FAIL written all over it throughout history.
Are all politicians scum? No. But there's enough of them. So because I agree with some and disagree with others then I'm a "kool-aid" drinker? That's a two way street. Basically you've told me that anyone who doesn't agree with you is a piece of trash that should be disposed of. That's real American of you.

As far as Obama's policy. Only time will tell at this point. My point is, and has been all along, that there's a smaller difference between R's & D's these days than we'd like to admit. So everybody stop drinking the Kool-Aid ( see what I did there??) and pretending it's all the other guy's fault.
Old 04-29-2009, 12:52 PM   #180
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark

Member Number: 658
Thanked 8,794 Times in 3,690 Posts

Quote:
Are all politicians scum? No. But there's enough of them. So because I agree with some and disagree with others then I'm a "kool-aid" drinker? That's a two way street. Basically you've told me that anyone who doesn't agree with you is a piece of trash that should be disposed of. That's real American of you.
pretty much par for the course, around here.