Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Miscellaneous > Locker Room

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

LOL

Old 04-30-2009, 12:51 PM   #201
HAWK
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 12888
Default Re: Does Obama "Hate White People? Native Americans"?

I wasn't arguing that the Iraq spending is justification for more spending. I simply wish people would stop pretending and drop the double standard.

As far as us not being attacked...who knows? It's not like we had a series of 9/11 type attacks before 9/11 it self. I hope you're right. But that doesn't change the fact that this is the greatest country in the world but yet we really screwed the pooch when it came to the Iraq planning. If for nothing else but our soldier's lives we should have done better. They deserved better.
Old 04-30-2009, 12:51 PM   #202
Dino 6 Rings
Living Legend

Member Number: 6891

Obama clearly hates Shelter Dogs. Thats been proven.
Old 04-30-2009, 12:54 PM   #203
Dino 6 Rings
Living Legend

Member Number: 6891

Robert Reich

"I am concerned, as I’m sure many of you are, that these jobs not simply go to high-skilled people who are already professionals or to white male construction workers. … I have nothing against white male construction workers. I’m just saying that there are a lot of other people who have needs as well. … Criteria can be set so that the money does go to others, the long term unemployed minorities, women, people who are not necessarily construction workers or high-skilled professionals."
Old 04-30-2009, 01:52 PM   #204
GBMelBlount
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 5140
Thanked 2,067 Times in 946 Posts

Quote:
HAWK
As far as us not being attacked...who knows? It's not like we had a series of 9/11 type attacks before 9/11 it self. I hope you're right. But that doesn't change the fact that this is the greatest country in the world but yet we really screwed the pooch when it came to the Iraq planning.
Sure, we screwed the pooch when it came to planning and executing World War II too. The horrific mistakes and corresponding loss of life in WWII was MUCH higher in fact. Not to diminish the loss of lives in Iraq but simply to put it in perspective, my friend. Again, a VERY weak argument.

Quote:
Hawk
If for nothing else but our soldier's lives we should have done better. They deserved better.
You could argue that about WWII or any other war. VERY weak argument.

~ 3 Doors Down

Last edited by GBMelBlount; 04-30-2009 at 02:03 PM.
GBMelBlount is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2009, 01:55 PM   #205
HAWK
Bench Warmer

A weak argument is your opinion. As far as WWII...what? You're saying it was perfectly OK to NOT learn from those mistakes?
Old 04-30-2009, 01:58 PM   #206
GBMelBlount
Living Legend
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by HAWK View Post
A weak argument is your opinion. As far as WWII...what? You're saying it was perfectly OK to NOT learn from those mistakes?
You tell me a major war that was run perfectly with no mistakes. If you put the loss of American lives in perspective, it is VERY small and makes you appear like someone with an agenda.

I don't mean to diminish the loss of our troops in any way, simply put it in perspective here.

~ 3 Doors Down

Old 04-30-2009, 02:10 PM   #207
HAWK
Bench Warmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by GBMelBlount View Post
You tell me a major war that was run perfectly with no mistakes. If you put the loss of American lives in perspective, it is VERY small and makes you appear like someone with an agenda.
Now that is a weak argument.

Of course nothing is done without making mistakes. Especially war. That doesn't, however, change the fact that our sole premise for engaging Iraq was based on misinformation. The biggest mistake of all. So I have to have an agenda because I question our government's reasoning/methods? Conservative, liberal, Republican, Democrat--they all lied. And it's we that have to pay the price. Both figuratively and literally.

It's not about NOT making mistakes. It's about getting your head out of your ass and actually learning from the ones you and others have made.
Old 04-30-2009, 02:23 PM   #208
GBMelBlount
Living Legend
Supporter

Quote:
Now that is a weak argument.

Of course nothing is done without making mistakes. Especially war. That doesn't, however, change the fact that our sole premise for engaging Iraq was based on misinformation. The biggest mistake of all. So I have to have an agenda because I question our government's reasoning/methods? Conservative, liberal, Republican, Democrat--they all lied. And it's we that have to pay the price. Both figuratively and literally.

It's not about NOT making mistakes. It's about getting your head out of your ass and actually learning from the ones you and others have made.
So what is there to learn from this Hawk? Assume all intelligence is misinformation and sit around with your head up your ass and do nothing?

Again, your logic is dizzying.

~ 3 Doors Down

Old 04-30-2009, 02:50 PM   #209
HAWK
Bench Warmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by GBMelBlount View Post
So what is there to learn from this Hawk? Assume all intelligence is misinformation and sit around with your head up your ass and do nothing?

Again, your logic is dizzying.
How about we demand better from our elected officials? Maybe we should actually demand the results they promised while campaigning? I voted for Bush both times and am still waiting for several of his campaign promises. You're objecting because it's "your side" (i.e. Bush) that invaded Iraq. If it had been Clinton or even Obama you'd be lining up to agree with me.

I'm a Centrist/Independent that, like I said, voted for Bush both times. So stop with the bipartisan BS and look at it from a human perspective and not how you're told to by your political party.

If demanding more means my argument is weak...then so be it.
Old 04-30-2009, 03:00 PM   #210
GBMelBlount
Living Legend
Supporter

Quote:

I'm a Centrist/Independent that, like I said, voted for Bush both times. So stop with the bipartisan BS and look at it from a human perspective and not how you're told to by your political party.

If demanding more means my argument is weak...then so be it.
You just attacked me as a BS partisan and changed the subject as opposed to discussing the validity of my points. And why does matter if your a centrist? Does it make your points more valid?

Labeling, name calling and deflection.

Nice.

~ 3 Doors Down