Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

 Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Miscellaneous > Locker Room


Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Referees    Browns

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 05-01-2009, 11:14 AM   #251
HAWK
Bench Warmer
 
HAWK's Avatar
 

Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: OHIO
Posts: 237
Gender: Male
Member Number: 12888
Thanks: 9
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default Re: Does Obama "Hate White People? Native Americans"?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelersinCA View Post
Look, I'm not happy Bush squandered it either. I don't get that about Obama supporters, if you criticize him you are automatically a Bush supporter. Anyway, I would imagine if you were unhappy about Bush squandering it, you would be even more unhappy about Obama squandering it further than Bush and everyone else combined? Sort of like if you are angry the Steelers lose 1 game, you would be even angrier if they lost 16 or 43.
I'm honestly not sure yet. Over 40% of the so-called "stimulus" plan is in the form of tax cuts. So we're really not talking about "real" money per se. But I know that could turn out to be just semantics. I'm disappointed with Bush because he ignored the early warning signs in the housing market as early as 2001-2004 by doing little or nothing. I understand so many are afraid of governmental control of every aspect of our lives...but that doesn't change that fact that systems do require oversight. Bush didn't cause the problem, but he didn't try either IMO. When you consider the Iraq spending, Haliburton, $80 billion here, $80 billion there, etc., etc., it pisses me off because I expected better from him. Of course he is a Texan, maybe that was it ;)

I hope for all of our sakes that Obama pulls this off effectively. Right now both sides are reeling and pissed off at each other. Both parties are acting like children. The conservative media is constantly crying and the liberal media isn't handeling victory to well/maturely either.

Meanwhile, China's economy is growing in leaps and bounds collecting on decade old debts here in the US. One day I believe this country we will mostly controlled by foreign interests. And that's both parties' fault. And it makes me sick. Meanwhile, to even mention something like that is considered paranoia. 20-30 years ago Chinese investors were silent partners in many US companies, Today they control major share-holds in so much of our real estate and corporate structures. Something needs to be done. But I'm not sure one man can un-do it at this point. Of course we Americans believe it will never happen to us.

Can Obama fix it? Probably not. But for our children and grandchildren's sakes I surely hope so.
HAWK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2009, 01:57 PM   #252
I_Bleed_Black_And_Gold
Assistant Coach
 
I_Bleed_Black_And_Gold's Avatar
 

Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Alabaster, AL
Posts: 1,301
Gender: Male
Member Number: 10606
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Does Obama "Hate White People? Native Americans"?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony hipchest View Post


100% clueless.

anyways, i really dont give 2 shits about your thoughts on the issue. im much more interested in what our resident "3rd grade textbook" historian has to say.

thanks for playing though.

next

*actually embarrassed for you to actually try to give an excuse for willingly let AIDS run loose in an attempt to kill of americans*
You really are a piece of work. Because I disagree with you, I am clueless? Right, that makes perfect sense.

Seems quite a few people agree that AIDS is avoidable, you my friend are the one that is clueless.

http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/frontl...revention.html
__________________
I_Bleed_Black_And_Gold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2009, 02:12 PM   #253
55BaileyFan
Starter
 
55BaileyFan's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Ohio
Posts: 645
Member Number: 13479
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default Re: Does Obama "Hate White People? Native Americans"?

Obama hates whitey...the end!!!
__________________
55BaileyFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2009, 02:43 PM   #254
HAWK
Bench Warmer
 
HAWK's Avatar
 

Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: OHIO
Posts: 237
Gender: Male
Member Number: 12888
Thanks: 9
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default Re: Does Obama "Hate White People? Native Americans"?

And it's become obvious that whitey hate him too.
HAWK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2009, 05:03 PM   #255
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark
 
tony hipchest's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Give me back my game...
Posts: 38,004
Member Number: 658
Thanks: 1,429
Thanked 6,057 Times in 2,604 Posts
Default Re: Does Obama "Hate White People? Native Americans"?

.................................................. ..

Quote:
Originally Posted by I_Bleed_Black_And_Gold View Post
You really are a piece of work. Because I disagree with you, I am clueless? Right, that makes perfect sense.


not cause you disagree with me, but the fact that reading comprehension failed you is what makes you 100% clueless. you werent even alive in the time i referenced.

and thanks for the link that goes 1 step further to show you dont know what the hell you are talking about.

Quote:
HIV is one of the most deadly viruses humankind has ever faced. But it has one weakness; it's an infectious disease that can be blocked by relatively basic measures, including:


Using condoms and clean needles
Protecting the blood supply
Testing and giving antiretroviral medicine to expectant mothers


Although it's been known for years that this is how AIDS can be stopped, 30 million people worldwide have already died and 40 million people are now living with HIV. In the absence of aggressive prevention programs, it's estimated there will be at least 40 million new infections over the next decade.
yet you think ignoring it in the 80's was a good idea.

absolutely clueless.

good job! you sure told me.
__________________
tony hipchest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2009, 05:05 PM   #256
HometownGal
Living Legend
 
HometownGal's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: The Burgh
Posts: 21,479
Gender: Female
Member Number: 2413
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Does Obama "Hate White People? Native Americans"?

Quote:
Originally Posted by HAWK View Post
And it's become obvious that whitey hate him too.
I don't believe that most of us here who aren't impressed with Obaaaaaama feel the way they do because of the color of his skin. That would be very shallow indeed.

I dislike the guy because I never believed him to be competent as a candidate to hold the highest office in the land and with each passing day, he is proving me right. His core platform is also diametrically opposite of mine and he's showing himself to be a total hypocrite by adopting many of the policies of his predecessor that he himself admonished during his campaign.
__________________


The Anti-Wahoo
HometownGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2009, 05:11 PM   #257
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark
 
tony hipchest's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Give me back my game...
Posts: 38,004
Member Number: 658
Thanks: 1,429
Thanked 6,057 Times in 2,604 Posts
Default Re: Does Obama "Hate White People? Native Americans"?

Quote:
Originally Posted by HometownGal View Post
he's showing himself to be a total hypocrite by adopting many of the policies of his predecessor that he himself admonished during his campaign.
but being that you supported the failed policies under bush, and would continue to do so if it was a republicain president adopting them, doesnt that also make you guys hypocrytical in admonishing him now?

__________________
tony hipchest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2009, 06:16 PM   #258
xfl2001fan
Living Legend
 

Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Columbus OH
Posts: 3,641
Gender: Male
Member Number: 8741
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Does Obama "Hate White People? Native Americans"?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony hipchest View Post
but being that you supported the failed policies under bush, and would continue to do so if it was a republicain president adopting them, doesnt that also make you guys hypocrytical in admonishing him now?

Only if we believed those were failed policies, or that we admonished those policies. However, admonishing the hypocrisy is something entirely different.
__________________
If you take the "U" out of "STUD", you get STD. I'm just saying.
xfl2001fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2009, 06:21 PM   #259
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark
 
tony hipchest's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Give me back my game...
Posts: 38,004
Member Number: 658
Thanks: 1,429
Thanked 6,057 Times in 2,604 Posts
Default Re: Does Obama "Hate White People? Native Americans"?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GBMelBlount View Post

I am a conservative because I believe people are generally good and I believe freedom, liberty, competition and free markets are a better solution than those imposed by government.

Now that I have answered your question, will you explain why you are a liberal?.......
well, since you asked nicely, instead of demanding and berating that i do so....

there is alot to address in your post. right now, i will have to offer up the cliff notes version.

for one, you are no longer separating capitalists from politicians and govt. this is an important step for us to even have a discussion because all of our elected officials are capitalist's in one way or the other. look at all the businessmen, entertainers, lawyers, actors, teachers, average joes, etc who are elected officials.

ironically, our elected official pay scale is almost marxist. all congressmen get paid the same. good ones get paid the same as the bad ones. the go getters get paid as much as the slackers, and as i have said before it is ironic the white house chef gets 1/3 the salary as the leader of the free world.

no wonder corruption and greed seep into politics. where theres a will, theres a way, and that way is a golden road through washington, paved by lobbyists. i dont think the founding fathers anticipated such national influence from these people.

which brings me to my next point and the crux of my answer-

you have sited the constitution and our founding fathers. let me take you to a sentence which sums it up for me, and i have believed for a longtime was a turning point for not only human evolution, but completely changed the entire history of the world.

Quote:
The quotation "All men are created equal..." is arguably the best-known phrase in any of America's political documents, as the idea it expresses is generally considered the foundation of American government (however it is only part of the entire sentence relating to equality). Thomas Jefferson first used the phrase in the Declaration of Independence as a rebuttal to the going political theory of the day: the Divine Right of Kings.

The opening of the Declaration of Independence written by Thomas Jefferson in 1776, states as follows:

“ We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty, and the Pursuit of Happiness.
Quote:

The same sentiment appears in the Massachusetts Constitution of 1780, which predates the U.S. Constitution by seven years, and was the first of its kind in the world.
“ Article I. All men are born free and equal, and have certain natural, essential, and unalienable rights; among which may be reckoned the right of enjoying and defending their lives and liberties; that of acquiring, possessing, and protecting property; in fine, that of seeking and obtaining their safety and happiness. ”

The year 1780 also marks the first time in America that such wording was used to successfully argue against slavery in a court of law: Brom and Bett vs. Ashley.
and heres the kicker

Quote:
Some[who?] feel these statements illustrate the idea of natural rights, a philosophical concept of the Enlightenment; many of the ideas in the Declaration were borrowed from the English liberal political philosopher John Locke. Locke, however, referred to "life, liberty and Property" rather than the pursuit of happiness.
many of our founding fathers were students of and followers of his "radical" philosophy, which in no way resembles the liberalism you compare to socialism/marxism/communism.

there are many personal connections i felt to locke even before studying him in philosophy and sociology, back in college (he was irritated by all the bs undergraduate filler courses just as i was). it turned out we shared many of the same interests in life. the fact that he was a doctor who shifted to trying to save/heal/teach and influence lives on a much grander scale is another thing ive always appreciated. being that alot of his views have also shaped those of republicans, i guess you could say that today he would just be labeled as a "moderate".

strangely enough "john locke" on the tv show "lost" was named after the philosopher, and easilly the coolest most intriguing character i could relate with (although ive pretty much quit following the show a few years ago).

the only reason i registered as a democrat was so i could vote for clinton in the primaries as he was the better candidate. i voted for a republicain governor the same year because he was the best candidate. i know many here just walk into the booth, hit the "straight ticket button" and quickly leave.

i could go on and on... but i think i have given enough support of my position w/o REALLY getting too personal about my own life.

i can respect/support/accept you for what you are. if you cant do the same because i voted for obama, then good riddance in my book.
__________________
tony hipchest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2009, 06:32 PM   #260
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark
 
tony hipchest's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Give me back my game...
Posts: 38,004
Member Number: 658
Thanks: 1,429
Thanked 6,057 Times in 2,604 Posts
Default Re: Does Obama "Hate White People? Native Americans"?

Quote:
Originally Posted by xfl2001fan View Post
Only if we believed those were failed policies, or that we admonished those policies. However, admonishing the hypocrisy is something entirely different.
so, either you guys can finally admit that they were failed policies and all the critisizm was justified and there is no evil leftist media bias...

OR, you all loved the policies and secretly loved the fact that obama is adopting them, but loath yourselves so much for admitting it, that your only option to feel better is to pretend you hate him, and lash out at obama and anyone who supported him.

while it is exactly what i suspected, its glad to see someone actually come around and finally admit it.

you guys really think he is doing as good of a job as anyone on your side of the aisle could do, but are to ashamed to actually admit it.



__________________
tony hipchest is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:03 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Shoutbox provided by vBShout v6.2.1 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.0.8 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd. Runs best on HiVelocity Hosting.
Navbar with Avatar by Motorradforum
no new posts