Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

 Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Miscellaneous > Locker Room


Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Referees    Browns

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 05-01-2009, 06:46 PM   #261
HometownGal
Living Legend
 
HometownGal's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: The Burgh
Posts: 21,479
Gender: Female
Member Number: 2413
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Does Obama "Hate White People? Native Americans"?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony hipchest View Post
but being that you supported the failed policies under bush, and would continue to do so if it was a republicain president adopting them, doesnt that also make you guys hypocrytical in admonishing him now?

Obviously, the "failed policies" can't be considered "failures" if The Savior is flip-flopping on his campaign promises to rid the country of the failures of the evil-doer Bush by incorporating those VERY SAME POLICIES.

But, but, but Bush.
__________________


The Anti-Wahoo
HometownGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2009, 06:56 PM   #262
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark
 
tony hipchest's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Give me back my game...
Posts: 37,295
Member Number: 658
Thanks: 1,155
Thanked 4,849 Times in 2,102 Posts
Default Re: Does Obama "Hate White People? Native Americans"?

Quote:
Originally Posted by HometownGal View Post
Obviously, the "failed policies" can't be considered "failures" if The Savior is flip-flopping on his campaign promises to rid the country of the failures of the evil-doer Bush by incorporating those VERY SAME POLICIES.

But, but, but Bush.
so you admit that obama is really doing a bang up job by adopting policies that werent a failure?

and, therfore admit that what obama is doing is FAR less radical than what mccain was proposing to do? (dont forget, your candidate was distancing himself as far from bush as possible and proposing "real change" too.)

....and the hypocracy thickens.

in other words, republicans will support anything a republican candidate does, but will oppose if a democrat does the EXACT same thing (regardless if right or wrong).

__________________
tony hipchest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2009, 07:27 PM   #263
GBMelBlount
Living Legend
Supporter
 
GBMelBlount's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Western PA
Posts: 6,203
Gender: Male
Member Number: 5140
Thanks: 1,138
Thanked 2,063 Times in 945 Posts
Default Re: Does Obama "Hate White People? Native Americans"?

Quote:
tony hipchest

let me take you to a sentence which sums it up for me,
Quote:
“ We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty, and the Pursuit of Happiness.......
Quote:
“ Article I. All men are born free and equal, and have certain natural, essential, and unalienable rights; among which may be reckoned the right of enjoying and defending their lives and liberties; that of acquiring, possessing, and protecting property; in fine, that of seeking and obtaining their safety and happiness. ”
So are you saying this/these best sums up your beliefs?
__________________
If I could be like that,
what would I do,
What would I do..."

~ 3 Doors Down

GBMelBlount is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2009, 07:46 PM   #264
X-Terminator
Mr. Wrong
Supporter
 
X-Terminator's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 6,881
Gender: Male
Member Number: 2550
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Does Obama "Hate White People? Native Americans"?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony hipchest View Post
so you admit that obama is really doing a bang up job by adopting policies that werent a failure?

and, therfore admit that what obama is doing is FAR less radical than what mccain was proposing to do? (dont forget, your candidate was distancing himself as far from bush as possible and proposing "real change" too.)

....and the hypocracy thickens.

in other words, republicans will support anything a republican candidate does, but will oppose if a democrat does the EXACT same thing (regardless if right or wrong).

Yeah, and the same goes for Democrats too, since after all they are now embracing those very policies that Obama was so steadfastly against during the campaign.

See, it works both ways.

Bottom line is that more than anything else, Obama has shown that he's nothing more than your run-of-the-mill politician who will say and do absolutely anything to get elected, then turn around and do the exact opposite. Not the "savior" that all of his supporters think he is/trumpet him up to be. If they had any consistency or ounce of bipartanship, they would be criticizing him for adopting those policies the same as they did Bush.
__________________
X-Terminator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2009, 07:57 PM   #265
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark
 
tony hipchest's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Give me back my game...
Posts: 37,295
Member Number: 658
Thanks: 1,155
Thanked 4,849 Times in 2,102 Posts
Default Re: Does Obama "Hate White People? Native Americans"?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GBMelBlount View Post
So are you saying this/these best sums up your beliefs?
since i know how you love to nitpick on a single sentence, perhaps i shoudve said "...which should sum it up for you."

not to get all into semantics but by using the word "sum" i equated it to "add" meaning that is really all i wish to "add" to the discussion at this point.

i have thousands of thoughts on hundereds of thousands of subjects, so realistically, 2-3 thoughts or sentences arent gonna "sum" up all my "beliefs" the way you are thinking.

and this, my friend, is why we are at an impass.

i could easilly say the philosophies of st. peter and the aposle paul both "sum" up my beliefs, but they both vehemently disagreed with eachother on certain issues.

if you dont understand the deeper meaning of that and cannot read between the lines, then there is not much left i can really say to you. im sure preacher (as much as we have been on the other side of the fence) knows where im coming from.

and i tend to side with his belief that we are inflicted with sin and therefore not inherently good and righteous.

there is only 1 path to righteousness and i dont believe you are born with it, nor does the govt give it to you. it cant be bought.... and it cant be sold (the concept of purgatory was a religious rackett).

with that being said, i have given you the definition of a liberal, and i have shown why i have no problem being labeled as one.

that should "sum" it up for you, because there is really nothing more i need to "add" or owe you.

you have about as good of a chance convincing me i am wrong, as you do convincing me that having the number of the beast tattoo'd on my forehead is a good idea and will help me out in "life".

and while you ponder that, think about these 3 famous quotes, while i elect to not to bitch about taxes (as much as i hate paying them as anyone else)-

"2 things are certain in life.... death and taxes"

"give unto ceasar what is ceasar"

"money is the root of all evil"

__________________
tony hipchest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2009, 08:07 PM   #266
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark
 
tony hipchest's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Give me back my game...
Posts: 37,295
Member Number: 658
Thanks: 1,155
Thanked 4,849 Times in 2,102 Posts
Default Re: Does Obama "Hate White People? Native Americans"?

Quote:
Originally Posted by X-Terminator View Post
Yeah, and the same goes for Democrats too, since after all they are now embracing those very policies that Obama was so steadfastly against during the campaign.

See, it works both ways.

Bottom line is that more than anything else, Obama has shown that he's nothing more than your run-of-the-mill politician who will say and do absolutely anything to get elected, then turn around and do the exact opposite. .
democrats arent embracing them. that is just your perception. they are just supporting the man they voted for just like bush voters (me included) supported him, right or wrong.

i voted for a man to finish a war he started, even though, the cause of starting it turned out to be inherently wrong.

remember that old saying ones mom always taught us as children..."2 wrongs dont make a right?"

the childish actions of the sour conservatives on this board suggests their moms havent yet touched on that subject with them yet.

they are hellbent on "revenge" and i get it. they have vowed it. i will continue to laugh at it and call it out, for the next 7 years if that is what it takes.

see how it works both ways?

in other words, this is nothing more than a giant game of "i know you are, so what am i"

__________________
tony hipchest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2009, 08:58 PM   #267
GBMelBlount
Living Legend
Supporter
 
GBMelBlount's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Western PA
Posts: 6,203
Gender: Male
Member Number: 5140
Thanks: 1,138
Thanked 2,063 Times in 945 Posts
Default Re: Does Obama "Hate White People? Native Americans"?

Quote:
tony hipchest
if you dont understand the deeper meaning of that and cannot read between the lines, then there is not much left i can really say to you.
Quote:
tony hipchest
that should "sum" it up for you, because there is really nothing more i need to "add" or owe you.
For you to have to even qualify your statements as having deeper meaning and requiring reading between the lines indicates that you, as do others, realize that although you have written a lot, you have really said very little.

Whereas I am very clear, concise and direct, you are very vague and deceptive.

You are smart enough to realize that if you express your liberal beliefs in any way that is clear and concise, you will lose badly.
__________________
If I could be like that,
what would I do,
What would I do..."

~ 3 Doors Down

GBMelBlount is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2009, 09:09 PM   #268
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark
 
tony hipchest's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Give me back my game...
Posts: 37,295
Member Number: 658
Thanks: 1,155
Thanked 4,849 Times in 2,102 Posts
Default Re: Does Obama "Hate White People? Native Americans"?

Whoooosh!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GBMelBlount View Post
For you to have to even qualify your statements as having deeper meaning and requiring reading between the lines indicates that you, as do others, realize that although you have written a lot, you have really said very little.

Whereas I am very clear, concise and direct, you are very vague and deceptive.

You are smart enough to realize that if you express your liberal beliefs in any way that is clear and concise, you will lose.
i see you are not well versed in biblical scripture nor the multiple layers in which it was written.

my bad. i thought you might get it.

you see, the bible was written with simple parables that even a child could understand, yet had much more deeper and complex meanings.

oh well. atleast i tried.

so i have a question for you... why do you think the bible is "deceptive" just because simpletons dont get it?

__________________
tony hipchest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2009, 09:12 PM   #269
X-Terminator
Mr. Wrong
Supporter
 
X-Terminator's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 6,881
Gender: Male
Member Number: 2550
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Does Obama "Hate White People? Native Americans"?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony hipchest View Post
democrats arent embracing them. that is just your perception. they are just supporting the man they voted for just like bush voters (me included) supported him, right or wrong.

i voted for a man to finish a war he started, even though, the cause of starting it turned out to be inherently wrong.

remember that old saying ones mom always taught us as children..."2 wrongs dont make a right?"

the childish actions of the sour conservatives on this board suggests their moms havent yet touched on that subject with them yet.

they are hellbent on "revenge" and i get it. they have vowed it. i will continue to laugh at it and call it out, for the next 7 years if that is what it takes.

see how it works both ways?

in other words, this is nothing more than a giant game of "i know you are, so what am i"

The thing is, not every conservative supported Bush. There were many who were very outspoken against him and distanced himself from him, especially in his last 2+ years. I'd even wager that every "sour conservative" on this board has some issue with Bush and his policies. But what you call "childish actions," I call it speaking out against policies that Obama is pushing that they don't believe in. It has very little to do with "revenge," though I know for some (not necessarily on this board) that IS what it's about, just like some liberals still can't get over the fact that Bush did NOT steal the election in 2000. If there are Democrats that do not, in fact, embrace everything that Obama is doing/has done, I'd like to see more of them speak up. It would do a lot for their credibility, IMO. But I also realize that I'd probably be better off asking Mike Brown NOT to draft thugs and felons.
__________________
X-Terminator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2009, 09:36 PM   #270
HometownGal
Living Legend
 
HometownGal's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: The Burgh
Posts: 21,479
Gender: Female
Member Number: 2413
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Does Obama "Hate White People? Native Americans"?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony hipchest View Post
in other words, republicans will support anything a republican candidate does, but will oppose if a democrat does the EXACT same thing (regardless if right or wrong).

Quit putting words in my mouth that you know damned well aren't there. Not ONE of you Obaaaama groupies has ever answered a question with regard to The Savior directly - you all hit and run. Deflect, deflect and deflect some more. I love you to death, Tony, but it is beyond the point of nauseating anymore.

Why can't you get it through that hard head of yours that The Savior has outed himself as a hypocrite, liar and a complete fraud??? Obaaaaama admonished and ridiculed his predecessor's policies while singing "CHANGE" from the rooftops and then turned right around and adopted those same "failed policies" as his own. How much more freakin' hypocritical can one get????

It is you and your fellow Libs that won't man up and admit that YOU put this two carat phony into an office that he is far too underqualified to hold. Who suffers along with the rest of America? Those of us who weren't and aren't caught up in Obaaaaama's phoney baloney rhetoric, bullshit behind that fake smile and pie in the sky promises that anyone with a smidgeon of a brain cell knew he couldn't and wouldn't keep.
__________________


The Anti-Wahoo
HometownGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:58 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Shoutbox provided by vBShout v6.2.1 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.0.8 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd. Runs best on HiVelocity Hosting.
Navbar with Avatar by Motorradforum
no new posts