Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Miscellaneous > Locker Room

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

Old 03-07-2009, 09:38 PM   #1
Muppet13
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 9529
Smile For anyone that likes my signature...

There are new Tommy T. pics at www.cheetahdays.com.
He is now able to travel as a cheetah ambassador more frequently! His trainer takes him and a puppy around to grade schools and parks to educate people about the cheetah conservation project. This great news for such an endangered species.
Old 03-07-2009, 09:53 PM   #2
MasterOfPuppets
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 1990
Thanked 4,245 Times in 1,804 Posts
Default Re: For anyone that likes my signature...

"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first." -Thomas Jefferson

"The man who reads nothing at all is better educated than the man who reads nothing but newspapers." - Thomas Jefferson

MasterOfPuppets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2009, 11:35 PM   #3
SteelCityMom

Member Number:

That's awesome! How long do you suppose him and the dog will get along together...I saw some of your older pics on your site and these new ones, and they look really cute together. Seems like they have a lot of fun.
Old 03-08-2009, 10:37 AM   #4
Muppet13
Bench Warmer

Smile Re: For anyone that likes my signature...

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelCityMom View Post
That's awesome! How long do you suppose him and the dog will get along together...I saw some of your older pics on your site and these new ones, and they look really cute together. Seems like they have a lot of fun.
The dog is an atolian shepard. Since the keepers let them play together when they were really little they will get along and be pals for life. In the wild farrmers use those dogs to scare cheetahs away so they won't hurt their lifestock. The alternative would be the farmer shooting the cheetah. That is why the dog is also so important. Zoologists take the cheetah and the dog around to tell people about this. They also take other animal ambassadors around to the farmers and sometimes they even give the farmers a free puppy to grow up with and protect their lifestock!

This is the program I eventually want to work at. I love cheetahs!
Old 03-09-2009, 09:49 AM   #5
kittenfantastico76
Starter

Member Number: 11856

gahhhhh SO CUTE! I love big cats and their cubs make me melt!!! Thank you for sharing!
Old 03-11-2009, 11:33 PM   #6
BehindSteelCurtain
Team Captain

Member Number: 11279

I have a quick question...........If by somehow that Cheetah breaks loose, will you ever be able to catch it?
Old 03-11-2009, 11:57 PM   #7
devilsdancefloor
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 10172

Quote:
Originally Posted by BehindSteelCurtain View Post
I have a quick question...........If by somehow that Cheetah breaks loose, will you ever be able to catch it?
send willie after it

I believe that today more than ever a book should be sought after even if it has only one great page in it. We must search for fragments, splinters, toenails, anything that has ore in it, anything that is capable of resuscitating the body and the soul.

devilsdancefloor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 02:17 PM   #8
Indo
Head Coach

Member Number: 11222

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muppet13 View Post
The dog is an atolian shepard. Since the keepers let them play together when they were really little they will get along and be pals for life. In the wild farrmers use those dogs to scare cheetahs away so they won't hurt their lifestock. The alternative would be the farmer shooting the cheetah. That is why the dog is also so important. Zoologists take the cheetah and the dog around to tell people about this. They also take other animal ambassadors around to the farmers and sometimes they even give the farmers a free puppy to grow up with and protect their lifestock!

This is the program I eventually want to work at. I love cheetahs!
Actually, it's an Anatolian Shepherd....They are typically used as flock guard dogs and can take on and kill wolves pretty easily...

My question is: what happens when the kitty turns into a Cat? Anatolians are usually kept with "their" herd (predator/guardian with the prey animals that they are guarding. What about the two predator species (dog/cheetah) together once they reach maturity?

I'm so jealous you get to hang out with these two amazing animals...
Old 03-12-2009, 03:57 PM   #9
Muppet13
Bench Warmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BehindSteelCurtain View Post
They would be able to lure it back with meat or food.
Old 03-12-2009, 04:03 PM   #10
Muppet13
Bench Warmer

Smile Re: For anyone that likes my signature...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indo View Post
Actually, it's an Anatolian Shepherd....They are typically used as flock guard dogs and can take on and kill wolves pretty easily...

My question is: what happens when the kitty turns into a Cat? Anatolians are usually kept with "their" herd (predator/guardian with the prey animals that they are guarding. What about the two predator species (dog/cheetah) together once they reach maturity?

I'm so jealous you get to hang out with these two amazing animals...
Your right I had a spelling error.

They will be fine together since they were raised together. Sort of like if you raise kitten with a puppy. They will remain lifelong friends even though they are natural enemies.

And I don't actually get to hang out with them yet. I just get to see them from a distance. Eventually I might be able to if I keep my grades up and if I work hard in the volunteer program, but I can't join the program for another year or so.