Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Pittsburgh Sports > Pittsburgh Penguins

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Fever Presents...
Bills
GAMEDAY
September 11, 2014, 8:25pm ET
CBS

Old 04-17-2009, 11:11 PM   #101
X-Terminator
Mr. Wrong
Supporter

Member Number: 2550
Default Re: Pens / Flyers

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricksteelers55 View Post
Well those who whine and cry are nothing but ignorants.Im a flyers fan and i can tell you this we should have been penalized at least 2 more times in overtime.The Gill penalty was a penalty,but so were Giroux and Knuble penalties.We cant skate with the Pens,and our goalie doesnt make the key saves.I havent been impressed by him so far this season and hopefully we will draft a goalie or get a starting goaltender during the offseason cause Biron is just not the guy.
The Flyers are a stud D-man and top-notch goalie away from being a big-time Cup contender, IMO. Other than Timonen, I'm not impressed with any of their defensemen. Parent and Sbisa will be good in the long run and Coburn is decent, but they need a big-time guy like maybe Jay Bouwmeester to really solidify their D corps. And there has to be someone - anyone - out there better than Martin Biron in goal. He simply does not make the big saves consistently enough to carry a team. There is no way that OT goal by Guerin should have gone in. Now that's not to say that the Flyers are done and they can't come back and win this series - they most certainly can - but that's what I think they need to put them over the top.
Old 04-17-2009, 11:51 PM   #102
SteelCityMan786
SF's Youngest Legend

Member Number: 541

Quote:
Originally Posted by X-Terminator View Post
I was listening to the game on the way home from the Pirates game tonight and caught the OT and the win! I recorded the game on the DVR and just watched the end...well, get ready for more whining from the Killadelphia Cryer fans. The Pens scored on a 5-on-3 in OT, so even though the penalties were legit calls and the Flyers had gotten away with a cross-check before Gill got called for the same thing that gave them a PP, in their eyes, it's a conspiracy by the league and paid-off refs to make sure the Pens get the win.

Up 2-0 heading into Killadelphia on Sunday - can't ask for more than that!
Philly fans=worlds biggest whiners.

786 Ways To Score Touchdowns
SteelCityMan786 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2009, 12:02 AM   #103
Fire Haley
Banned

Member Number: 763
Thanked 1,098 Times in 768 Posts

Fleury is a God.

Fire Haley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2009, 12:27 AM   #104
ricksteelers55
Team Captain

Member Number: 3104

Quote:
The Flyers are a stud D-man and top-notch goalie away from being a big-time Cup contender, IMO. Other than Timonen, I'm not impressed with any of their defensemen. Parent and Sbisa will be good in the long run and Coburn is decent, but they need a big-time guy like maybe Jay Bouwmeester to really solidify their D corps. And there has to be someone - anyone - out there better than Martin Biron in goal. He simply does not make the big saves consistently enough to carry a team. There is no way that OT goal by Guerin should have gone in. Now that's not to say that the Flyers are done and they can't come back and win this series - they most certainly can - but that's what I think they need to put them over the top.
100% right on that one,and you simply dont win against a good O like the pens with a so-so goaltender.You need to have very good goaltending to win against Pittsburgh.So the Pens only need to win one of the 2 games in Philly to be in a very good scenario,which of course is going to happen.I called Pittsburgh in 6 make it 5
ricksteelers55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2009, 12:11 PM   #105
Fire Haley
Banned

After many hours of rigorous mathmatical computations I have determined the Flyers will need to win 4 out of the next 5 games. Unpossible.
Old 04-18-2009, 02:37 PM   #106
pittsburghp8baller
Head Coach
Supporter

Location: In A Place Where There Is No Other Hockey Fans!!!!!!
Member Number: 5365

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killer View Post
After many hours of rigorous mathmatical computations I have determined the Flyers will need to win 4 out of the next 5 games. Unpossible.
wow, where did u get ur PHD?

great game last night, ill agree with you Fleury is a GOD!!! I dont know if there are messing with me since im such a big fleury fan but during the season my dad and brother like to dog fleury and did it for most of the season. so last night i send both of them a text simply saying 'how do like him now?' and both of them knew exactly what i was talking about.
Old 04-18-2009, 03:00 PM   #107
Fire Haley
Banned

Wow - Lundqvist just shut out the Caps, 1-0 - Rags took two games on their ice. Who woulda thunk that?

Ovy is nowhere to be found.
Old 04-18-2009, 03:18 PM   #108
X-Terminator
Mr. Wrong
Supporter

Member Number: 2550

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killer View Post
Wow - Lundqvist just shut out the Caps, 1-0 - Rags took two games on their ice. Who woulda thunk that?

Ovy is nowhere to be found.
I would have - the Rags over the Caps was my upset special of the first round. Lundqvist is simply better than Jose Theodore could ever hope to be, and he was going to be the reason why the Rags would win. And with the Rangers being so good at home during the regular season, the Caps have no chance at a comeback, not when they have to win 4 of 5 and 3 of those on the road.

As for OV...he was invisible in the playoffs last season and invisible again this season. Meanwhile, Geno has 5 points in 2 games. No, it doesn't have any bearing on the MVP voting, but who's the one performing like an MVP so far?
Old 04-18-2009, 03:42 PM   #109
pittsburghp8baller
Head Coach
Supporter

Location: In A Place Where There Is No Other Hockey Fans!!!!!!
Member Number: 5365

Quote:
I would have - the Rags over the Caps was my upset special of the first round. Lundqvist is simply better than Jose Theodore could ever hope to be, and he was going to be the reason why the Rags would win. And with the Rangers being so good at home during the regular season, the Caps have no chance at a comeback, not when they have to win 4 of 5 and 3 of those on the road.

As for OV...he was invisible in the playoffs last season and invisible again this season. Meanwhile, Geno has 5 points in 2 games. No, it doesn't have any bearing on the MVP voting, but who's the one performing like an MVP so far?
Lundy straight up stole that game. there is no way the Rangers deserved that game other than Lundy, they looked god awful in every other aspect of the game. Varlamov played pretty good to, but he really wasnt tested. he faced 24 shots but none of them really jumped out at me. it looks like OV is trying to do too much, a lot of times i saw him carry the puck from his own blue line across the neurtal zone into the offensive and then just shoot and a lot of times it he missed the net. He needs a top flight centerman who can do all of that, take the puck up the ice, direct traffic and all of that. Backstrom may become that but he is still young and still be a couple years from being that.

anyways, most of the players on the Caps i can but the reason i want them to lose so bad is the fans. callers on the local sports radio are calling this hockey town and crap like that.
Old 04-18-2009, 03:43 PM   #110
Fire Haley
Banned

You need to play as a team to win in the playoffs, regardless of how much talent you have on your roster. The Caps haven't done that

But still. after the first round, Crosby should have more MVP votes than Ovechkin, one guy shows up(Sid) the other doesn't.

The Pens got some grit now - the Caps - not so much.