Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Fever Presents...

Steelers Panthers

GAMEDAY
Sunday, September 21, 8:30 PM
NBC

Old 04-16-2009, 08:58 PM   #1
KeiselPower99
Living Legend

Member Number: 8552
Default Talking Steelers football with Max Talbot

Talking Steelers Football with Max Talbot

Pittsburgh Penguins forward Max Talbot has always had an interest in football, but became a Steelers fan once he arrived in Pittsburgh. Talbot, whose Penguins are in the Stanley Cup Playoffs, is a regular at Heinz Field during the football season cheering on the black and gold.

Talbot, who was born in Lemoyne, Quebec, in Canada, was drafted by the Penguins organization in the eighth round in 2002 and is in his third season playing for them in the NHL.

Talbot took time out after a recent Penguins practice to talk with Teresa Varley for Talking Steelers Football.

When did you start to follow football?
We have the CFL back home and we have the Montreal Alouettes, They are a pretty good team. I played football when I was younger, so I know a little bit about it. Definitely when I came down here (to Pittsburgh) my first camp, my first year was the year they won Super Bowl XL. Obviously when you get to this city you have no choice but to follow a little football. I have been more and more a fan. This year every time I could go to a game I would go to Heinz Field and watch the guys play.

What are you like when you watch a game?
I get really, really intense. Even when I watch a hockey game I am like a fan, which I really canít be. When I watch football I can always cheer for the Steelers. I go out there early and tailgate and hang out with my friends. When the game starts I am a huge fan and I get into it really easily.

Do you sit out in the crowd with the other fans?
I watched almost every game in the stands this year. We sit around the 40-yard line. For the AFC Championship game against the Ravens we sat in the ARAMark suite. I went with two of the guys on the team and it was a great game.

What do you think of the atmosphere at Heinz Field?
Itís great. I wear my jersey. I have a Polamalu jersey. I have the Towel. Itís fun. Pittsburgh is a sports city. Itís kind of the same atmosphere at Mellon Arena. We have football players that come see our games. Ben Roethlisberger has come to a couple of games with Mario (Lemieux). Jeff Reed, a good friend of mine, comes to every game he can. Coach (Mike) Tomlin comes to some of the games. Every chance we have the chance to go cheer for them we go.

Is it good to have that support from the Steelers at your games?
Itís nice. They showed Jeff in the stands and everybody cheered for him. Itís cool. We show support for their team, they show support for our team. It shows how this city is special and we all cheer for the same thing.

Were you able to watch Super Bowl XLIII?
We were home for the Super Bowl. We did the little team party. We all watched it together with the wives and all. Afterwards I had trouble going home because I live on the South Side and they had the streets all blocked off. It was pretty special.

What do you think of Mike Tomlinís coaching style?
I think he coaches like our new coach, Dan Bylsma if I can make a comparison. I think he is a players coach, but he demands respect. I really enjoy him. Since he came here he proved himself really fast. In his second year he won the Super Bowl which is super. You feel that guys are having fun out there and they are a tight group which makes it special. Itís great for the city.

Is there a current Steelers player who you enjoy watching, who you respect the game they play?
I respect Jeff Reed for what he does, the pressure he is under. It is do or die for him. He needs to kick. Itís great. I also like Hines Ward. I like to watch him play. I like the smile on his face. Itís fun.

If you could pick one current Steelers player to be a goalie for your team, who would it be?
It would be a huge lineman, someone like Casey Hampton. Or Jeff Reed because he is the guy in a shootout he could stop the puck because itís one on one.

If you could pick one current Steelers player to be an enforcer for your team, who would it be?
James Harrison.

If you could pick one current Steelers player to be the go-to guy in a shootout for your team, who would it be?
Even though he is a defensive player I would say Troy Polamalu I think he likes the pressure and likes to be there. Troy or Ben Roethlisberger because he is the go to guy.

Which current Steelers player would you not want to be checked into the boards by?
Definitely James Harrison.

If needed redirect this where needed.
Old 04-16-2009, 10:10 PM   #2
jjpro11
Living Legend

Member Number: 3559
Default Re: Talking Steelers football with Max Talbot

Max is great.. it would be cool seeing him at a game.. it gets so crazy on game days that i probably wouldn't even recognize him though.
jjpro11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2009, 08:10 AM   #3
KeiselPower99
Living Legend

I thought it was a cool article and all 3 Pittsburgh teams really do a great job at supporting each other.
Old 04-25-2009, 01:11 PM   #4
ricksteelers55
Team Captain

Member Number: 3104

Max is a nice guy...He's from Greenfield Park Quebec,but then moved to St-Bruno where I live right now.His parents are very nice,I get to meet them on a regular basis at my job.What's nice about him is that he isnt playing a game with people.He is a true warrior on ice,but a nice person in real life and knowing that he's a steelers fan and is going to the games sometimes makes me think of how weird it would be if id met him during a Steelers game.

I've played against him in minor hockey level and he always been the same,he's not a big talker he just delivers his A game period.

I'm not a fan of the Pens like I said in other post,but Id take Max in my team tommorow morning.

Lache pas mon Max !!!

Go Steelers
ricksteelers55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2009, 01:21 PM   #5
Rek
Starter

Member Number: 10681

Superstar Treatment Baby!
Old 04-25-2009, 01:29 PM   #6
Fire Haley
Banned

Member Number: 763
Thanked 1,098 Times in 768 Posts

He should stop worrying about football and win us a damn game!
Fire Haley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2009, 02:03 PM   #7
Rek
Starter

Member Number: 10681

He sure likes Jeff Reed...
Old 04-25-2009, 10:07 PM   #8
KeiselPower99
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rek View Post
He sure likes Jeff Reed...
Maybe they can go on a killing spree of paper towel dispensers soon.