Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Giants Giants
August 9th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 01-10-2006, 02:38 AM   #11
Prosdo
Banned

Member Number: 86
Default Re: Cedrick Wilson

While I was at training camp I really liked what I saw from Cedrick. As for the season the jury is still out on that one. He hasn't gotten many looks. The comments in the newspaper kinda irritated me from the stand point that he knew this was a run team. But as Blitz said if there was anytime to step up there's none like the present.
Prosdo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2006, 01:27 PM   #12
SteelerFanInATL
Team Captain

Member Number: 369

Quote:
Originally Posted by St33lers
hines a 2? plz explain cleve.....
I agree. Hines is a two. He is our one for now, but more of a two. I would never let him go.
Plex was a one. Tall, fast, deep threat. Remember we did take Gibson in the draft. Many thought he would replace Plex. I thought Wards #'s would drop off this year with Plex gone beause he would get double teamed more. Plex had alot of dt in the past.
Just my $.02 worth.
Old 01-10-2006, 02:09 PM   #13
Suitanim
Banned
Supporter

Member Number: 591

As far as I'm concerned, Cedric has showed up in the playoffs more than the punk he was replacing had/has/would...
Suitanim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2006, 02:12 PM   #14
SteelerDan43
Banned
Supporter

Location: From Pittsburgh, currently going to school in Rochester
Member Number: 811

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grey
Well, Cedrick Wilson had a couple of big catches yesterday, and it seems to me that he's stepped up his level of play a bit in this 5 game run that the Steelers have made. I might be starting to have a little bit of faith in him that he can get it done, and I'm very glad that he hasn't said anything else in the media about not getting the ball.

What do you all think? I believe that all 4 receivers will need to have good games to beat the Colts. We're going to need to score some points.

By the way, any word on Quicy Morgan's ankle?

Here we go.
Grey

It's being reported now that Morgan actually broke his leg...
SteelerDan43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2006, 02:42 PM   #15
MichiSteeler
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 959

Im not sold on Cedrick either. One big catch when he was WIDE open doesnt realy make him good. If he is consistantly reliable then ill change my opinion.

"The Steelers drafted guys who were bigger, stronger and faster than I, but they never found one who could take my job away from me."- Jack Lambert

Go Buckeyes and Spartans!
MichiSteeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2006, 03:32 PM   #16
Atlanta Dan
Resigned
Supporter

Member Number: 728
Thanked 5,759 Times in 2,662 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelerFanInATL
I agree. Hines is a two. He is our one for now, but more of a two. I would never let him go.
Plex was a one. Tall, fast, deep threat. Remember we did take Gibson in the draft. Many thought he would replace Plex. I thought Wards #'s would drop off this year with Plex gone beause he would get double teamed more. Plex had alot of dt in the past.
Just my $.02 worth.
I think we agree who should have stayed, but my view is that Plax physically is a #1 but the Steelers let him go because mentally he is a practice squad player.

During mid-season Plax was being puffed as the best off-season FA pickup. However, Plax inevitably reverted to form by dropping a TD pass at the start of the Giants game in Washington, followed up by having no catches this past Sunday, being accused of "venting" and showing frustration by the 3rd quarter of the Carolina game, and by the end of the game being called out by the Fox announcers for quitting on his pass routes.

Steelers could not afford to keep both Plax & Hines - they made the right choice.
Atlanta Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2006, 03:39 PM   #17
augustashark
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 900

You dance with who brought ya! regardless if he is a 3 or a 4 we will need him to play and play better than he did during the season. This past sunday was a shot of confidence for him and the passing game.

We have to remember we are not a throw it 40+ times a game type of team. We just need him to make the 20yd come back catch when it is 3rd and 10! If he gets a deep ball then great.....but we must make catches on 3 and long.....Can not afford to have dropped passes in this game. If we have more than 3 dropped passes in this game we will lose! IMO