Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Steelers Draft Central > ** The War Room 2012 **

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Browns Bills
September 7, 2014, 1:00pmET

CBS

Old 04-22-2009, 12:15 PM   #1
max10
Water Boy

Member Number: 10526
Default my steelers draft

first off, I would trade Larry Foote and maybe a 6th round pick for the highest pick I could get. (we might get a 3rd or 4th rounder) This does 3 things for us 1. the obvious gets us one more high pick 2. I believe by releasing a player under contract you get a salary cap penalty, however if you trade him you avoid the penalty, because the other team has to pick up his contract
3. the most important part, we free up cap room to sign the draft picks, which currently after James Harrisons contract we dont have. (it doesnt matter who you draft if you dont have the money to sign them.)

I think Foote will have value in a trade because he is a solid tackler and a great run stuffing MLB. Besides we have 3 capable back ups that i can think of, Timmons, Fox, and Bruce Davis.

For the first and second pick in draft I would take the best LT available and then the best C available. I would then consider moving Starks to RT and Colon to RG. We need better run blocking, this takes the pressure off of Ben and allows us to sustain longer drives and rest the defense.

then I would look for a WR with good speed and catching abiltiy, to compete with Limas Sweed for that 3rd Wr spot. then a cornerback with good size and speed who excels in zone coverage, because the zone blitz is the heart of the steeler defense.

then i would look for D lineman who can push the pocket, shed blocks and make tackles, good size and strength is a must here, and i think that can be found in the 4th or 5th round. They dont have to be great at covering the flats, our linebackers and corners can take care of that , they just need to man tanks. Maybe grab 2 defensive lineman and finally the best available Half back or Full back to finish it up

Last edited by max10; 04-22-2009 at 12:30 PM.
max10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2009, 12:58 PM   #2
MDSteel15
Team President

Member Number: 8170
My Mood: Blah
Default Re: my steelers draft

No on trading Foote... sorry
MDSteel15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2009, 01:18 PM   #3
max10
Water Boy

Member Number: 10526
Default Re: my steelers draft

I cant think of another player to trade at a position that we enough depth to cover for it.
besides he has to have a decent size contract to free up cap room for the draft picks.
max10 is offline   Reply With Quote