Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > General Football > NFL Football

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Fever Presents...

Steelers Panthers

GAMEDAY
Sunday, September 21, 8:30 PM
NBC

Old 04-23-2009, 02:20 PM   #11
xfl2001fan
Living Legend

Member Number: 8741
Default Re: BREAKING ESPN's John Clayton - Eagles reportedly offering Browns...

Quote:
Originally Posted by El-Gonzo Jackson View Post
I couldnt see Rogers playing DE, but you never know.

Thomas and Andrews would be formidable line combo. The Eagles must have their eye on somebody specific. Maybe the QB of the future in Sanchez??

In a 4-3, he wouldn't be...but in a 3-4, you could actually put him on the strong side...move Williams to the weaksdie and Raji in the middle. Actually send a blitz to go with it every now and then...and you never know, our pass rush could improve greatly...and if Rogers is playing a 3-4 DE...that could do wonders for our run defense at the same time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelMember View Post
A top 10 pick is a lot of cash for a rookie. Switching to the 21st saves them millions.

But didn't Donovan cry when they drafted Kolb.

I'm thinking top 3 LT, or maybe a shot at Curry.
I agree with you, I don't see the Eagles going after a QB this year...especially a huge unknown like Sanchez (and most certainly not with the #5).

They certainly don't need a LT now that they've traded for Peters...but could they maybe be looking at Crabtree (to team with Edwards) or even Raji to solidify the run defense? The only way I see them going after an offensive tackle, is if they take that kid from Alabama...and move him to the Right side to be their road grader/run blocker.
Old 04-23-2009, 02:34 PM   #12
El-Gonzo Jackson
Living Legend

Member Number: 8264
Thanked 2,133 Times in 1,057 Posts

I think Raji is more athletic than Rogers and could play DE in a 3-4. Would still be a good trade as they can get a lot of things at #21 to help them out.

Imagine the Ohio faithful if they can get Laurinitis or Beanie Wells at #21 and then Robiske at the top of the 2nd round??

As for McNabb. You never know what the iggles are thinking of, but maybe its Sanchez or Curry. They picked up Stacy Andrews and Peters in the offseason, so spending more $$ on an OT doesnt make sense to me.
El-Gonzo Jackson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2009, 03:00 PM   #13
xfl2001fan
Living Legend

Member Number: 8741

Quote:
Originally Posted by El-Gonzo Jackson View Post
I think Raji is more athletic than Rogers and could play DE in a 3-4. Would still be a good trade as they can get a lot of things at #21 to help them out.

Imagine the Ohio faithful if they can get Laurinitis or Beanie Wells at #21 and then Robiske at the top of the 2nd round??

As for McNabb. You never know what the iggles are thinking of, but maybe its Sanchez or Curry. They picked up Stacy Andrews and Peters in the offseason, so spending more $$ on an OT doesnt make sense to me.
It's hard to tell, Rogers is a freaking beast. Even then, let's say Raji is more athletic...you move him to the LE spot...let Rogers take the Nose and move Corey Williams to the RE. That's still a lot of beef up front.
Old 04-23-2009, 03:18 PM   #14
ShutDown24
Team President

Member Number: 3997

If I'm the Eagles, I wouldn't do this without a mid - low level draft pick thrown in. Brown is horribly overrated, but Andrews is a great player and Cleveland is desperate to move Edwards. I would push as far as I could.

If I the Eagles move up to #5, don't be surprised to see them move down to somewhere between 8 - 15 and still grab Knowshon Moreno. Apparently their hearts are set on him, even if it meant trading up. Getting a top 5 pick could change that though. Hell, why not draft Crabtree. McNabb wants weapons, give him Edwards and Crabtree.
Old 04-23-2009, 03:26 PM   #15
Fire Haley
Banned

Member Number: 763
Thanked 1,098 Times in 768 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by xfl2001fan View Post
DO IT DO IT DO IT DO IT!!! FOR THE LOVE OF GOD DO IT DO IT DO IT!!!!

I am not even 100% I know who Shawn Andrews (RG?) is...but I'm all for it.
ha ha

Go for it! Give up that #5!

Oops - more smoke&mirrors...that didn't take long...

Source denies Eagles looking to deal Andrews

UPDATED: A league source told the Daily News earlier today that the Eagles have had at least one conversation with another team about potentially trading Pro Bowl right guard Shawn Andrews. However, moments ago, a source close to the situation said the report was baseless.

Messages left for Andrews and agent Rich Moran were not returned.

Andrews, who missed all but two games last season, signed a contract extension in 2006 that locked him up for 10 seasons, during which he will make about $35.5 million.

When Andrews missed the start of training camp last season with what turned out to be severe depression, there was speculation that he was unhappy with his contract. Moran denied that, but the speculation continued.

http://www.philly.com/philly/blogs/d...cmpid=16339736
Fire Haley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2009, 03:38 PM   #16
WeegiesWarriors
Banned

Member Number: 13183

Shawn Andrews was who I wanted the year we drafted Ben. Oops. I might have been wrong.

Andrews is solid but depression isn't like having a broken bone... a person never heals. Personally, I'd stay away from somebody with depression... pro bowler or not. He could be a couple missed pills from being a Barrett Robinson. Being traded to cleveland would have to inflame his depression.
WeegiesWarriors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2009, 04:54 PM   #17
El-Gonzo Jackson
Living Legend

Member Number: 8264
Thanked 2,133 Times in 1,057 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeegiesWarriors View Post
Shawn Andrews was who I wanted the year we drafted Ben. Oops. I might have been wrong.

I too wanted Andrews that year, because I never thought Ben would still be around at pick #11. Ben had some great workouts and I bet there are at least 9 teams that regret not selecting him.
El-Gonzo Jackson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2009, 05:06 PM   #18
BrandonCarr39
Team Captain

Member Number: 7458

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeegiesWarriors View Post

Andrews is solid but depression isn't like having a broken bone... a person never heals. Personally, I'd stay away from somebody with depression... pro bowler or not. He could be a couple missed pills from being a Barrett Robinson. Being traded to cleveland would have to inflame his depression.
Andrews also has problems staying healthy. He's the best of the best, and very versatile, when healthy - but ultimately, you can't count on him 16+ games a year.

I agree this may have been smokescreen like the blog mentioned above - however, they have a very good backup RG in Nick Cole who did a wonderful job when he was inserted in the final month of last season. And Max Jean-Gilles, who prolly wasn't ready last year, will probably be so this year.
BrandonCarr39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2009, 05:09 PM   #19
St33lersguy
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 8456

I was hopinng the deal would get done, they deal their #5 pick was gone, get a depressed guard & a just okay CB. Although I enjoy braylon edwards drop passes 2x a year against the Steelers. Wonder what will happen now that Shawn is staying put
St33lersguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2009, 05:26 PM   #20
Steeler in Carolina
Team President
Supporter

Member Number: 1634

The Browns can trade for anybody that they want, but with the donkey they have at head coach, they will finish 3rd or 4th in the division again.
Steeler in Carolina is offline   Reply With Quote