Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Miscellaneous > Sports Dimension

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Browns Bills
September 7, 2014, 1:00pmET

CBS

Old 04-23-2009, 07:12 PM   #21
xfl2001fan
Living Legend

Member Number: 8741
Default Re: The Official Kobe vs Lebron Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelersinCA View Post
I've always hated Shaq, if you were 7'1" and 330lbs you could dominate in the post too.

I think Kobe makes it look like work because he is so intense. They are both amazing to watch, I guess I just like Kobe's style better. Howard doesn't do much for me.
I think what I like about Howard is how he's always smiling and joking. As for Kobe, it's not just the ingame...it's the press conferences and such. He just seems like everything he does is more a job. I think about the only things I've ever seen him do (with the knowledge that we don't get near as much Kobe coverage on the West Coast as those of you in CA) is his NBA Cares commercials.
Old 04-23-2009, 07:36 PM   #22
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark

Member Number: 658
Thanked 7,119 Times in 3,090 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by fansince'76 View Post
Agreed. Also, don't forget Rodman, Horace Grant, Steve Kerr, BJ Armstrong, etc. The Bulls had a bunch of excellent role players.
not to be a complete homer but the bulls were also the ONLY championship team to have both a UNM and NMSU alum (brown and longley) who teamed up with the likes of kukoc for the last 3 (post MJ- baseball star).
Old 04-23-2009, 07:38 PM   #23
xfl2001fan
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony hipchest View Post
not to be a complete homer but the bulls were also the ONLY championship team to have both a UNM and NMSU alum (brown and longley) who teamed up with the likes of kucoc for the last 3 (post MJ- baseball star).
That's OK Tony, we only think you're a 98.27% homer...so it's not complete afterall!
Old 04-24-2009, 01:29 AM   #24
lilyoder6
locked behind Xanax bars

Member Number: 2568

Quote:
Originally Posted by xfl2001fan View Post

The thought that Kobe is better in the last 4 mintues of the game. Kobe rarely passes up those shots. Lebron is looking for the best shot available. He'll pass up a good shot to give an (attempted) assist if a teammate looks to have a great shot.
thats not true..
it's prob dif this yr since he has mo

but in the past.. lebron was critized over and over again 4 "passing" the ball away in the ticking min of a game they were trailing.. he was scared and still could be today...

most of the time when the game is on the line u want ur best player to have the ball

now obv.. i just got home and it's like 2;30 in the morning and bout 2 pass out... so i will cite if need be later today..

Beer is proof God loves us and wants us to be happy ~ Ben Franklin
Freedom: some use it, Everyone enjoys it, A few defend it.
lilyoder6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2009, 01:32 AM   #25
lilyoder6
locked behind Xanax bars

[QUOTE=xfl2001fan;593920]Per:
05-06 Roster had
Smush Parker, Lamar Odom, Kwame Brown, Sasha Vujacic, Aaron McKie, Luke Walton, Chris Mihm and Andrew Bynum (Rookie)

06-07 Roster added Vladimir Radmanovic and lost no one of note. Drafted Jordan Farmar

QUOTE]

WOW.... i didn't realize how horrible the lakers roster was, other than kobe...
now obv bynum and odom a whole bunch better than they were and stuff...

and the fact bout are far they went in the playoffs....

evryone and there mom knows that the western conf is like 10 times harder than the eastern conf was and still is

Old 04-24-2009, 07:04 AM   #26
xfl2001fan
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyoder6 View Post
thats not true..
it's prob dif this yr since he has mo

but in the past.. lebron was critized over and over again 4 "passing" the ball away in the ticking min of a game they were trailing.. he was scared and still could be today...

most of the time when the game is on the line u want ur best player to have the ball

now obv.. i just got home and it's like 2;30 in the morning and bout 2 pass out... so i will cite if need be later today..
He was scared? 6'8, 250 freak of nature was scared? HAHAHA The best player had the ball, and felt that a teammate had a better shot opportunity than he did...because he KNOWS that the rest of the NBA is going to be gunning for him in the closing minutes of any game. So, do you force the shot or pass off to a guy who has a much better look? Kobe forces the issue...and (because he's a better shooter) get's the "clutch" points (although I have seen references that indicate there is far less substantiality to Kobe's "clutch" shot and when I get them, I'll post them). Lebron has passed the ball off to 3 point guys like Donyell Marshall, Damon Jones and Daniel Gibson who failed to hit the open look...and supposedly that is their specialty. Lebron made the smart basketball play...that didn't work out. It's not being scared. It's lack of other talent around him.

I don't know why I posted half of this...because there is NO PROOF that he is scared. Just proof that he prefers the smart basketball play.
Old 04-24-2009, 07:08 AM   #27
xfl2001fan
Living Legend

Quote:
Quote:
Per:
05-06 Roster had
Smush Parker, Lamar Odom, Kwame Brown, Sasha Vujacic, Aaron McKie, Luke Walton, Chris Mihm and Andrew Bynum (Rookie)

06-07 Roster added Vladimir Radmanovic and lost no one of note. Drafted Jordan Farmar
WOW.... i didn't realize how horrible the lakers roster was, other than kobe...
now obv bynum and odom a whole bunch better than they were and stuff...

and the fact bout are far they went in the playoffs....

evryone and there mom knows that the western conf is like 10 times harder than the eastern conf was and still is
How far they went into the playoffs? HAHAHA They got punted out of the first round both seasons by the Suns.

And the West is better? Your Top 9 is easily better, but the rest of the conference is so pitiful that it inflates your stats/records. Unfortunately, the East doesn't have those luxuries.

Even this season, your Top 9 is better than our top 9, but your #10 is better than only one team in the East...our Cellar Dwellar. And if the West is "10 time harder" then why can your #10 be worse than all but one teams...let alone the rest of the teams in yoru conference?

But of course, "everybody" who "knows" this wnats to overlook these minor details (aka FACTS).
Old 04-24-2009, 08:47 AM   #28
lilyoder6
locked behind Xanax bars

Quote:
How far they went into the playoffs? HAHAHA They got punted out of the first round both seasons by the Suns.

And the West is better? Your Top 9 is easily better, but the rest of the conference is so pitiful that it inflates your stats/records. Unfortunately, the East doesn't have those luxuries.

Even this season, your Top 9 is better than our top 9, but your #10 is better than only one team in the East...our Cellar Dwellar. And if the West is "10 time harder" then why can your #10 be worse than all but one teams...let alone the rest of the teams in yoru conference?

But of course, "everybody" who "knows" this wnats to overlook these minor details (aka FACTS).
well last time i checked.. only the top 8 teams made it to the playoffs.. so the 10 seed wouldn't affect the nba playoffs...

and in the 05/06 playoffs.. the east had teams 5-8 being the highest at 512 and lower
the lowest in the west was 537 by 2 teams

in the 04/05 and 06/07 the east were better % wise.. but so was the west, they have always been strong

Old 04-24-2009, 08:49 AM   #29
lilyoder6
locked behind Xanax bars

In recent days, James, when given the opportunity for the final shot in the Eastern Conference Finals vs. the Detroit Pistons, has taken two different paths, and he has been ripped both times. In Game 1, James decided to pass the ball in the waning seconds, and the uproar in the aftermath shook the stadium and the TV airwaves, as ESPN decided to tee off on the subject. In Game 2, James, with his team down by one point, ran the clock down to about seven seconds (a mistake by Cleveland coach Mike Brown, you want to extend the game at that point) and then drove to the basket. James used the left hand in the initial move, then spun back to his right. Hamilton hammered him on the way up, and the loud no-call from the officials left James in the dust.

Read more: "Is LeBron James a victim? Why the superstar's critics should take it easy . . . for now" - http://nba.suite101.com/article.cfm/...xzz0DbPb7kRW&A

well it looks like he got ripped both ways b/c he wasn't man enough 2 take the shot.. and then he got ripped b/c he not clutch

Old 04-24-2009, 10:17 AM   #30
xfl2001fan
Living Legend

Quote:
well last time i checked.. only the top 8 teams made it to the playoffs.. so the 10 seed wouldn't affect the nba playoffs...

and in the 05/06 playoffs.. the east had teams 5-8 being the highest at 512 and lower
the lowest in the west was 537 by 2 teams

in the 04/05 and 06/07 the east were better % wise.. but so was the west, they have always been strong
When you are looking at the Top 8 teams from each conference, are you looking at their record to say that they are better? Because the Top 8 teams have 6 teams that are worse than all but 1 team in the East. That will inflate your records quite a bit. Granted, that's just for this season. Back in 05-06 the East was better, pretty much top to bottom. 06-07 season there was a shift towards the East, but the West was better. If there was any movement in 07-08, it was possible a slight shift in favor of the West again...but 08-09, a significant movement towards the East.

Our "Big Three" are better than your "Big Three" in the East. Your Mid Round Playoffs are beter than our Mid-Round Playoffs.
But your non-playoff teams (other than the Suns) were simply atrocious all the way down. They were worse than all but one of our teams in all of the East. The West records are inflated by the absolute suckitude in the bottom half of the league.