Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Tailgate Party

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

Old 03-18-2009, 05:44 PM   #1
Stlrs4Life
Tailgate Coordinator
Supporter

Member Number: 419
Thumbs up Draft Day Fan Blitz 09

All SF members are invited to the Draft Day Tailgate. Same as most tailgates, BYOB. I will also be deep frying another turkey in the lot. It seems like it has became a tradition. Bring some burgers to fry on the grill if ya want. Call me for any other info you need. We will be parking in Gold Lot 1. Any more questions post them here, or call me at: 724-651-9626.

http://news.steelers.com/article/103922/

2009 Steelers Fan Blitz
Presented by

Saturday April 25

Check out the fun from last year
The Super Bowl XLIII Champion Pittsburgh Steelers invite fans to help kickoff the 2009 season at the Steelers Fan Blitz, presented by Comcast! This is an annual event for all Steelers fans as an appreciation day for your great support. This exciting draft day event will be held on Saturday April 25 from 1:00 PM – 8:00 PM at Heinz Field.

All fans will receive a 2008 Steelers Team Photo and a 2009 Steelers Fan Blitz brochure outlining the day's activities upon entering Heinz Field. 2009 Steelers schedules will be available at the Comcast booth in the South Plaza.

Admission is $12 for Adults, $5 for children 12 and under for your entire day at Heinz Field. Tickets are now on sale at the Steelers Sideline Stores at the Monroeville Mall, South Hills Village, Pittsburgh Mills, Prime Outlets at Grove City and Heinz Field, online by clicking here for TicketMaster as well as all Giant Eagle ticket master outlets. Tickets will also be available on the day of the event beginning at 12:00 pm at the Steelers Ticket Office at Gate B.
Here is just a sampling of the entire day of exciting activities:
  • All six Super Bowl Trophies will be on display to the general public for the first time on the stage in The Coca-Cola Great Hall. The Coca-Cola Great Hall also features the Steelers Sideline Store for the best selection of Steelers Super Bowl XLIII merchandise.
  • The Steelers will hold Youth Skill Sessions for the first time on the playing field conducted by current and former Steelers players throughout the day. All fans will also be permitted on the playing field to attempt field goals during the day.
  • Current and former Steelers player autographs will be held in the Coca-Cola Great Hall, East Club Lounge, West Rotunda and the West Concourse areas from 1:30 pm – 7:30 pm. Please check back here for an updated player autograph list. The player’s schedules, locations and times are subject to change.
  • Comcast will have special activities for kids of all ages in the East Club Lounge. We will have the Schneider Downs Pick the Draft Pick Contest and the Schneider Downs Draft Day GM Contest in the East Club Lounge for our “Draft nicks” to participate. WDVE-FM will also be broadcasting live throughout the day.
  • Register to win great prizes including tickets to Steelers home games all afternoon from the Comcast Prize Tent in the South Plaza. Also, fans can win prizes in the following contests:
* Comcast QB Challenge contest in the South Plaza - winner receives four tickets to the 2009 regular season home opener on September 10 and a $100 Pittsburgh Steelers gift card.
* Schneider Downs Pick the Draft Pick Contest in the East Club Lounge - winner receives four tickets to a 2009 Steelers home game and a $100 Pittsburgh Steelers gift card.
* Schneider Downs Draft Day GM Contest in the East Club Lounge - winner receives four tickets to a 2009 Steelers home game and a $100 Pittsburgh Steelers gift card.
  • Sign-up for the new 2009 Official Steelers Fan Clubs with a level available for every fan.
  • The Steelers Locker Room will feature the opportunity for fans to try on Steelers equipment of a Steelers player. Steelers Digest will be present with a special subscription offer.
  • The South Plaza will have the Steelers Sideline Store open featuring the best selection of Pittsburgh Steelers Super Bowl XLIII Merchandise as well as portable merchandise stands available throughout Heinz Field. The American Respiratory Alliance, Cricket Communications and the Pittsburgh Passion will have booths in the South Plaza with product information available for all fans. Game Faces will be face painting in the South Plaza to gear up for the new season.
  • Steely McBeam will be present the entire day to meet and greet Steelers fans.

• The Daktronics board will feature Steelers TV, Steelers videos from our exciting 2008 Super Bowl Championship season plus live coverage of the 2009 NFL Draft on the NFL Network and ESPN.

It's not just Steeler Football, it's a way of Life! "I'm a Champion"
Stlrs4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2009, 08:11 PM   #2
KeiselPower99
Living Legend

Member Number: 8552
Default Re: Draft Day Fan Blitz 09

Ill do my best to be there.
Old 04-02-2009, 04:41 PM   #3
Stlrs4Life
Tailgate Coordinator
Supporter

Nobody else is going?

Old 04-08-2009, 04:12 PM   #4
Stlrs4Life
Tailgate Coordinator
Supporter

Current and former Steelers player autographs will be held in the Coca-Cola Great Hall, East Club Lounge, West Rotunda and the West Concourse areas from 1:30 pm – 7:30 pm. Players scheduled to appear include Mike Merriweather, Mike Wagner, Gerry Mullins, Larry Brown, J.T. Thomas, Randy Grossman, Jon Kolb, John Banaszak, Edmund Nelson, Robin Cole, Dwayne Woodruff, Andy Russell and Craig Bingham. Please check here for player updates as we move closer to the event. The players' schedules, locations and times are subject to change.

Old 04-21-2009, 03:55 PM   #5
Stlrs4Life
Tailgate Coordinator
Supporter

Tailgate starts at 9am.

Old 04-24-2009, 09:57 PM   #6
Mayagypsy
Water Boy

Member Number: 13453

Hi ,

What is the parking situation on fan appreciation day? Can we park in the lots near the stadium? If not-what would be the best place.

Maya
Mayagypsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2009, 10:13 AM   #7
Stlrs4Life
Tailgate Coordinator
Supporter

Tailgate was fun yesterday, and the weather was great!

Old 04-27-2009, 09:58 AM   #8
revefsreleets
Living Legend

Member Number: 5353

How many people showed up Dom? A lot of people stay for the weekend?

I'd have loved to have gone but I was still involved in moving stuff...
Old 05-13-2009, 09:27 PM   #9
Stlrs4Life
Tailgate Coordinator
Supporter

None from this site. We had quite a few from SN, and SA come down. We had a group of 20 of us I'd say.

Old 05-21-2009, 09:16 AM   #10
revefsreleets
Living Legend

Member Number: 5353

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stlrs4Life View Post
None from this site. We had quite a few from SN, and SA come down. We had a group of 20 of us I'd say.
To quote Cleveland fans: "Maybe next year!"