Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Media

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Bills Bills
August 16th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 01-09-2006, 09:35 PM   #31
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark

Member Number: 658
Thanked 6,700 Times in 2,902 Posts
Default Re: Carson Hit Video

Quote:
Originally Posted by bengalsfan21
I am a real fan thats why I am upset that the guy who is the leader of the franchise is injured and possibly out for the start of next year. If it were Ben then it would be you guys doing as I am doing now......I am stressed bc We finaly make the playoffs and maybe could have won but the star of the team was takin out very early.
i understand your pain. if ben went out in the same fashion i would trash the bengals just to vent and cause the opportunity presented itself. fact is bengals have been giving up 31 points a game and c. johnsons gurantee never materialized. bengals werent going nowhere. all 3 other 1st time playoff qb's lost. the bengals started to mail it in as soon as they built a 10 point lead cause they believed all the hype. same thing wouldve happened with carson in there.
tony hipchest is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2006, 09:38 PM   #32
AvoidLLoyd95
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 768

Quote:
But no matter what it is for there is no reason for the guy who hit the QB with a could have been career ending injury should have done it.....I am not the only one nor are other Bengals fans the only one who said it was dirty Dungy has stated he wants Manning protected at all cost.
Dungy better want Manning protected. After what the Chargers did to him, the Steelers could swarm him like a mess of hornets, not to hurt him, but to win the game. That is how you win football games. Shut down the best player. I said yesterday I would have rather won with Palmer in so don't go saying I was happy to see him get hurt. Fact is, the object of the game for a lineman is to get to the quarteback and crush him into the turf so he is demoralized during the game. What was Kimo supposed to do? First, his head was down since he was pushed down by the O-lineman so he couldn't see if the pass was away. Second, like I said, if he thinks he can get to the quarterback, he is going to try to tackle him. He got to him thinking he may disrupt or sack him a second after the ball was released. Third, he weighs 300plus or close to it. Did you ever stop your car on a dime and not move forward an inch when you're brakes were applied? No. He couldn't stop his momentum. I admit, I would probably feel like you do if the injuries were reversed, but I have never in my 36 years seen anyone intentionally want to hurt someone just to win. These players on all teams have pride and want to beat the best out there. I guess all I can say to you is that I hope Palmer comes back 100% because he is a great player and makes this rivalry that much more exciting to watch, and that much more satisfying to beat.

95 ways to get your ass kicked!
AvoidLLoyd95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2006, 09:43 PM   #33
AvoidLLoyd95
Bench Warmer

I just watched the vid again. Blame 65 for throwing him into Palmer. He also looks at Palmer and runs down field, along with the rest of the o-line,. He saw him rolling on the ground and still runs away. Look at the vid again and you'll see.

Old 01-09-2006, 09:44 PM   #34
AvoidLLoyd95
Bench Warmer

74 is worse. He looks at him more than 65 and runs away too.

Old 01-09-2006, 09:53 PM   #35
SteelersGal17
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 1039

I think the only reason the Bengal fans are so upset over this, maybe is because the two teams are major rivals, and all that could benefit into all this.....but I could be wrong

SteelersGal17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2006, 10:11 PM   #36
BlitzburghRockCity
Banned

Member Number: 70

Quote:
http://bengalsjungle.com/palmerhit.wmv

If thats not dirty what is?

Comon 21..honestly man I respect you alot, I do. But your looking at this w/ a 1 sided approach. Its your QB that went down, it just sux and its a terrible trajedy..but when you look at it w/ an open mind and take all the facts in consideration. There is no alternative but to realize it was an accident.

and for the record I never said anything about Thurmans hit being dirty that I can remember.
BlitzburghRockCity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2006, 11:38 PM   #37
hmmmmmmmm
Banned

Member Number: 679

Yeah after looking at that video he was not blocked into Carson. He was going for the swim move and either lost his balance or dove into Carsons leg im gonna assume he lost his balance. The part that really pisses me off is that he locked his leg up and didnt let go till Carson was on the ground and he was going for his leg....its not like he tried to miss it. He stuck his arm out and grabbed his leg....he looked like he was gonna use both arms to brace his fall but instead picked the right one up to grab Carsons leg.

Damn, everytime I see it it looks more and more like he did it on purpose.....cause he had other options then crashing into his knee and holding his leg till he fell on the ground. I dont know what to think after seeing it now...seeing it live only and not seeing the replay I was pretty much convinced it was accidental but now I just dont know
hmmmmmmmm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2006, 11:43 PM   #38
Brady12
Team Captain

Member Number: 973

Heres the facts. Cincinnati still had a chance to win with Jon Kitna in. If it happened to Peyton Manning, Indy doesn't have a chance to win. Period.
Brady12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2006, 11:43 PM   #39
SteelersFever
Founder

Member Number: 1

He was obviously going for any part of the body he could get without intent to injur after he squeaked by the Bengals offensive lineman to bring down Palmer. Get over it already.
SteelersFever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2006, 11:46 PM   #40
Brady12
Team Captain

Member Number: 973

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony hipchest
i think kimo was just glad he didnt strain his shoulder or tear a rotator cuff on that hit. if you look right after it happened he kind of looked at his arm like he hurt himself.

lol, to quote my friend Drew Rosenhaus "That is absurd!" There is nothing in that video that shows Kimo hurt his arm.
Brady12 is offline   Reply With Quote