Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > General Football > NFL Football

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Fever Presents...

Steelers Panthers

GAMEDAY
Sunday, September 21, 8:30 PM
NBC

Old 04-24-2009, 11:26 AM   #1
I-Want-Troy's-Hair
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 2698
Default SUPER BOWL TO LONDON

Are you freaking kidding me this is a bunch of shit God-dell is a Wh*re

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/othe...ll/8016358.stm

NFL in talks on London Super Bowl
By Tim Love

Shaun Phillips
Over half a million people applied for tickets for last year's clash at Wembley

The NFL has had 'substantive talks' with officials in London about holding the Super Bowl in the city, a senior league official has told BBC Sport.

While commissioner Roger Goodell has previously admitted an interest in bringing the game to London, this is the first confirmation of discussions.

"We've spoken on what it would take to host and for us to bring it over," said events vice-president Frank Supovitz.

"The city has all the facilities needed, and in great quantity."

Supovitz was talking in New York City where the NFL Draft will take place this weekend.

"We have had very substantive conversations with the city of London. We've got to the point of exploring the bid document," he added.

I don't think it's an unrealistic prospect at all

Mark Waller, NFL Head of Sales

Visit London, the capital's official visitor organisation, confirmed that it was pursuing a long-term ambition to bring the Super Bowl to the city.

"Ever since the NFL began playing games in London we have been in discussions with the NFL about what is involved in staging Super Bowl from the host city perspective," said commercial director David Hornby.

"It continues to be something we discuss on a regular basis, without there being any specific timetable or plan in place."

The venues for the next three Super Bowls have already been decided with Dolphin Stadium in Florida, Dallas Cowboys Stadium in Texas and the Lucas Oil Stadium in Indiana putting together successful bids.

But London has become the focal point for the NFL's desire to expand the sport globally, and bringing the sport's showpiece event to the city appears to be a real possibility.

Mark Waller, NFL Head of Sales and Marketing, said: "The NFL is a global property, has a global audience, and London is an incredible city from a sports fan's perspective. I don't think it's an unrealistic prospect at all."

There is certainly good reason for the NFL to believe that a Super Bowl in London would create sufficient interest for the game to be a success.

In October 2007, the NFL staged its first regular season game outside of the Americas, with over 80,000 fans at Wembley watching the New York Giants defeat the Miami Dolphins.

Last year, 83,000 supporters turned out to watch the New Orleans Saints beat the San Diego Chargers.

Visit London estimate that the match brought about 20m to the city with 7,000 team employees, sponsors and their guests crossing the Atlantic.

Tickets for this year's game in October between the Tampa Bay Buccaneers and the New England Patriots sold out more quickly than for the previous two contests.

However, if London is to host one of the biggest sporting events in the world, it will not be for quite some time.

"It won't happen in the next three or four years because we know where the Super Bowls will be, but these are exciting opportunities for us," Supovitz said.
Old 04-24-2009, 11:36 AM   #2
KeiselPower99
Living Legend

Member Number: 8552
Default Re: SUPER BOWL TO LONDON

Hell to the NO
Old 04-24-2009, 11:41 AM   #3
The Patriot
Head Coach

Member Number: 7750

Might as well. As if the Super Bowl hasn't already been made unaffordable for the average football fan.
Old 04-24-2009, 11:54 AM   #4
fansince'76
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 1984

See my sig.
fansince'76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2009, 11:56 AM   #5
Dino 6 Rings
Living Legend

Member Number: 6891

Lets move it to a country where they already have Islamic Attacks on Buses and trains. This way we make it easier for the bad guys too!
Old 04-24-2009, 11:57 AM   #6
Dino 6 Rings
Living Legend

Member Number: 6891

Maybe the USA can host the English Soccer Championship In exchange, I'm sure the Manchester United Fans wouldn't mind.

So fcking dumb. Its almost hoax like.
Old 04-24-2009, 12:29 PM   #7
lilyoder6
locked behind Xanax bars

Member Number: 2568

if this does happen roger needs to be shot, ran over and shot again..

stupid effing idea

Beer is proof God loves us and wants us to be happy ~ Ben Franklin
Freedom: some use it, Everyone enjoys it, A few defend it.
lilyoder6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2009, 01:12 PM   #8
xfl2001fan
Living Legend

Member Number: 8741

Who cares that it's an American Game, an American tradition and that England couldn't support any sort of a football tradition.

Who cares that our fans pay the most for this game, the players, the coaches, and the owners salaries.

Why bother with that bullshit when you can make a few dollars smooshing with the Brits?

If this happens, I will personally start a petition to boycott the Superbowl.
Old 04-24-2009, 01:16 PM   #9
X-Terminator
Mr. Wrong
Supporter

Member Number: 2550

Are you freaking kidding me? Horrible idea, but par for the course for Good Deal. Let's disconnect from your fan base some more, why don't you? The only possible good thing would be that the game would start at 3 or 4 PM EST instead of 6:18, assuming they start the game at 7 or 8PM GMT.
Old 04-24-2009, 01:33 PM   #10
steelreserve
Goatse + Tubgirl = $$$

Member Number: 1976

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Patriot View Post
Might as well. As if the Super Bowl hasn't already been made unaffordable for the average football fan.
Exactly what I was going to say. Except not just in terms of affordability. Whether it's physically attending or even just feeling like you're part of the event, the Super Bowl has been completely removed from the reach of the general public. In terms of accessibility and connection to the average person, it feels about the same as your chances of getting a face-to-face meeting with a U.S. Senator.

So .. yeah, it makes no difference to me where they have the game. Even if it keeps alternating back and forth between Florida and New Orleans like usual, it still might as well be in a foreign country.