Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Steelers Draft Central > ** The War Room 2012 **

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

Old 04-24-2009, 09:47 PM   #1
Hypocycloid
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 8450
Default Draft Time????

I was wondering if anyone knows how long the first round went last year. Assuming the Steelers don't trade up or down, I would like to get an estimate of what time they will pick.

I unfortunately can't lay in my bed with my computer watching the draft and periodically dozing off like I have done in previous years....also typing on the forms here. I have some stuff I need to do, so I would like to excuse myself from those engagements. I am guessing it will take 4 and half hours to get to the 32nd pick but I am am basing that off of absolutely nothing except maximum pick time minus some minutes.

BTW, isn't it interesting that as little as two months ago everyone was talking about Tyson Jackson and Duke Robinson, nobody has them in their mocks for the Steelers right now.
Hypocycloid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2009, 10:00 PM   #2
lilyoder6
locked behind Xanax bars

Member Number: 2568
Default Re: Draft Time????

i'm thinking it will be like 7/8 when the steelers will be on the clock

Beer is proof God loves us and wants us to be happy ~ Ben Franklin
Freedom: some use it, Everyone enjoys it, A few defend it.
lilyoder6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2009, 10:10 PM   #3
Texasteel
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 8323

I am so pumped right now.

Simply, The Chief.
Texasteel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2009, 10:54 PM   #4
Aussie_steeler
Head Coach

Member Number: 5037

last year each team had 10 minutes on the clock in the first. Most teams didnt take the full ten so I am guessing around the 3 hour to 3 1/2 hour mark.

For me that is about 9 - 9.30am. ( the draft starts here at 6am)

Day 2 is the one I am not looking forward to. I will have to be up around the 1am mark to follow the start live on the net.

Today is ANZAC day here ( equivalent to your Memorial Day) so I am guessing I am going to wake up with a sore head for draft day. Cant get any better than that.
Old 04-24-2009, 11:06 PM   #5
Hypocycloid
Bench Warmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texasteel View Post
I am so pumped right now.
I know what you mean. I like analyzing what they did in the draft but there seems to be a let down after the draft because there is no longer any anticipation......well at least there is a new buildup to the start of the season. But it is kind of like being a kid with Christmas Day. You can't fall asleep the night before and you are so nervous you get up at 4:30 AM. You wake your parents who may have only gone to sleep an hour before after staying up all night wrapping presents. Then after you open your presents you are sad because there are no more surprises and your parents are too tired to put all your toys together and take you out to play with them properly The Steelers office is kind of like your parents, working on your presents but they make you have to wait a long time before they take them out to play!!!

....Draft day however, gives more insight as to where the organization is going more so than any other day of the year. That is also why it is so fun.
Old 04-24-2009, 11:13 PM   #6
devilsdancefloor
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 10172

this may be odd BUT im nervious! not as bad as the superbowl, but man i am ead fo rit to start NOW! this is my first year really into it i watched lat year, but this year im way into it.

I believe that today more than ever a book should be sought after even if it has only one great page in it. We must search for fragments, splinters, toenails, anything that has ore in it, anything that is capable of resuscitating the body and the soul.

devilsdancefloor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2009, 01:22 PM   #7
Hypocycloid
Bench Warmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aussie_steeler View Post
last year each team had 10 minutes on the clock in the first. Most teams didnt take the full ten so I am guessing around the 3 hour to 3 1/2 hour mark.

For me that is about 9 - 9.30am. ( the draft starts here at 6am)

Day 2 is the one I am not looking forward to. I will have to be up around the 1am mark to follow the start live on the net.

Today is ANZAC day here ( equivalent to your Memorial Day) so I am guessing I am going to wake up with a sore head for draft day. Cant get any better than that.

You rock Aussie Steeler!!!!