Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Giants Giants
August 9th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 04-25-2009, 05:57 PM   #1
zsheik22
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 9466
Default It's amazing to me how other teams still dont get it...

The fans boo when their team doesnt draft a flashy player or someone that can run a 4.1. Steelers always sit back and take the essentials but the guys might not be the most known and it always works out.

Stafford = bust. Theyre gonna ruin that poor kid if they throw him to the wolves his first season. Chances of finding the next great QB that can start his rookie year is slim to none, and they usually dont come in the first few picks. I think Sanchez will do ok though.

Your thoughts?
zsheik22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2009, 06:01 PM   #2
xfl2001fan
Living Legend

Member Number: 8741
Default Re: It's amazing to me how other teams still dont get it...

Sanchez is screwed. Stafford is screwed. Minnesota is an idiot. I think the Browns could have gone with a better player/better fit for a need...but still got a solid contributor. Trading down (and saving money), helping shore up an already solid offensive line...and getting more picks...I'm cool with that.

Yeah, that's about it at this time.
Old 04-25-2009, 06:05 PM   #3
zsheik22
Bench Warmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by xfl2001fan View Post
Sanchez is screwed. Stafford is screwed. Minnesota is an idiot. I think the Browns could have gone with a better player/better fit for a need...but still got a solid contributor. Trading down (and saving money), helping shore up an already solid offensive line...and getting more picks...I'm cool with that.

Yeah, that's about it at this time.

Why do you think sanchez is screwed? I think the jets D will get better which should help immensely. The line is good, the RB's had a good year. If they get a nice WR he will be even better.
Old 04-25-2009, 06:07 PM   #4
xfl2001fan
Living Legend

Member Number: 8741

Quote:
Originally Posted by zsheik22 View Post
Why do you think sanchez is screwed? I think the jets D will get better which should help immensely. The line is good, the RB's had a good year. If they get a nice WR he will be even better.
That, my Steelers friend, is why.

The line is ok...but that former Steelers guard is not getting any younger...
Old 04-25-2009, 06:10 PM   #5
steelreserve
Goatse + Tubgirl = $$$

Member Number: 1976

The Lions are stupid. There were no good QBs in the draft this year, but they forced it anyway and took the best of a shitty class. They would've been much better off just letting Culpepper take a beating for another season and see if they could get a real QB in next year's draft. Then maybe he'd have some good players around him. It's not like taking Stafford is going to make the Lions not suck this year, so they ought to have been resigned to that. Where were they when they were passing out the brains?
Old 04-25-2009, 06:23 PM   #6
zsheik22
Bench Warmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelreserve View Post
The Lions are stupid. There were no good QBs in the draft this year, but they forced it anyway and took the best of a shitty class. They would've been much better off just letting Culpepper take a beating for another season and see if they could get a real QB in next year's draft. Then maybe he'd have some good players around him. It's not like taking Stafford is going to make the Lions not suck this year, so they ought to have been resigned to that. Where were they when they were passing out the brains?

To me it seemed like they should have traded off that pick to get some more higher round picks.... QB isnt just the issue with the lions, the entire team and staff was. They got one good WR and 1-2 other good players, thats about it.
Old 04-25-2009, 06:54 PM   #7
Hines0wnz
Living Legend

Member Number: 3085

Quote:
Originally Posted by zsheik22 View Post
Sanchez only has 16 more starts than Cassell coming into the NFL. There's one.
Old 04-25-2009, 07:09 PM   #8
Steel-Bryan
Starter

Member Number: 13188

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelreserve View Post
AMEN.
Old 04-25-2009, 07:16 PM   #9
SteelRNation
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 13285

Lions got a great QB to guide them. Let me put it this way, he is alot better then Joey harrington...the other guy they liked and drafted to save them. I had to convince other Steeler fans how good Big Ben was when the Steelers drafted him because alot never heard of him. Stafford is a smart, strong armed QB who can manage a game. He'll be good.
SteelRNation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2009, 07:19 PM   #10
Rek
Starter

Member Number: 10681

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelRNation View Post
Lions got a great QB to guide them. Let me put it this way, he is alot better then Joey harrington...the other guy they liked and drafted to save them. I had to convince other Steeler fans how good Big Ben was when the Steelers drafted him because alot never heard of him. Stafford is a smart, strong armed QB who can manage a game. He'll be good.
Well, ANYONE is better than Joey Harrington. That's like saying you have the best smelling fart in the room.