Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Giants Giants
August 9th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 04-26-2009, 08:20 AM   #1
Crow-Magnon
Team Captain

Member Number: 9500
Default Just Sayin' Hey

Haven't been here since right after the SB.

Spring is here (weather's nice today), baseball's back (Orioles, but I digress ), but it's still a long way to training camp. I really haven't had much opportunity to digest the draft, although I'm happy to see the Ravens picked up another big, young OT.

This time of year can be a real downer when football season looks so-o-o-o-o far off. I guess that's why God made beer and fish.

How's your draft looking so far? Are you happy with selecting Hood and adding another DT to the Steelers' D, or would you have preferred some OL help to protect Roethlisberger?
Crow-Magnon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2009, 08:24 AM   #2
Fire Haley
Banned

Member Number: 763
Thanked 1,098 Times in 768 Posts
Default Re: Just Sayin' Hey

I love the Ziggy pick. 6'3" 300 with a mean streak on the D line that can sack the QB?
I'll take him.

One thing for sure - Mangini is a doofus.

The Browns drop the #5 pick and get no difference makers in return - I like Mack - but they reached on the rest, badly. The Bengals take their pick of thugs again. Good day for us.
Fire Haley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2009, 08:44 AM   #3
Crow-Magnon
Team Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killer View Post
I love the Ziggy pick. 6'3" 300 with a mean streak on the D line that can sack the QB?
I'll take him.

The Browns drop the #5 pick and get no difference makers in return - I like Mack - but they reached on the rest, badly. The Bengals take their pick of thugs again. Good day for us.
If they had a contest for Worst Draft, the Browns would be contenders every year. They pick horribly!
Old 04-26-2009, 08:54 AM   #4
Fire Haley
Banned

Member Number: 763
Thanked 1,098 Times in 768 Posts

I should say I did like the cincy picks for a change - they at least they impoved their defense.

I guess when your team doesn't score an offensive TD in 5 straight games it throws up a red flag Mankok must have watched the tapes - all in all a jittery draft that the Browns fans absolutely hate - they're in full in full wrist-slitting alibi mode . I love it. Brady Quinn will need more than that.
Fire Haley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2009, 09:05 AM   #5
Shoes
Team Captain
Supporter

Member Number: 6382

Nice to hear from you CM. I think many of us were hoping for Mack (C) but we sure can use some youth on the DL. I'm happy with the pick and expect some quality picks today.

Best you guys today! Be well....

shoes

Last edited by fansince'76; 04-26-2009 at 09:32 AM. Reason: Removed quote of deleted post and response to it.
Shoes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2009, 09:09 AM   #6
Crow-Magnon
Team Captain

Quote:
I should say I did like the cincy picks for a change - they at least they impoved their defense.

I guess when your team doesn't score an offensive TD in 5 straight games it throws up a red flag Mankok must have watched the tapes - all in all a jittery draft that the Browns fans absolutely hate - they're in full in full wrist-slitting alibi mode . I love it. Brady Quinn will need more than that.
Cleveland should (and I say should, since Miami showed last year that anything is possible) end up at the bottom of the AFCN this year. They need help in a lot of places. I just don't know how much a new HC will help, but I don't think you can get much worse than Romeo. Great DC; bad HC.
Old 04-26-2009, 09:13 AM   #7
BIGBENFASTWILLIE
Living Legend

Member Number: 618

Hey Crow, welcome to Steelers Fever once again,
I am happy that the Steelers addressed our aging DL. I think that the real grade of our draft will come out after the third round. We have 3 picks today in the third we need to get it right
Old 04-26-2009, 09:50 AM   #8
GutterflowerSteel
Assistant Coach
Supporter

Member Number: 1261

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crow-Magnon View Post
Haven't been here since right after the SB.

Spring is here (weather's nice today), baseball's back (Orioles, but I digress ), but it's still a long way to training camp. I really haven't had much opportunity to digest the draft, although I'm happy to see the Ravens picked up another big, young OT.

This time of year can be a real downer when football season looks so-o-o-o-o far off. I guess that's why God made beer and fish.

How's your draft looking so far? Are you happy with selecting Hood and adding another DT to the Steelers' D, or would you have preferred some OL help to protect Roethlisberger?
Hi, Crow! Yep, it's another gorgeous day here in Maryland

~Sig created by SteelDuck~
GutterflowerSteel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2009, 09:55 AM   #9
Dino 6 Rings
Living Legend

Member Number: 6891

Hey Crow, next chance you get, go to into the Blast Furnace and check out the "Tim Lumber" Thread.
Old 04-26-2009, 11:26 AM   #10
Steely McSmash
Team Captain

Member Number: 8814

Quote:
I'll take him.

Not saying Mangini is not a doofus but I think trading down is the right thing to do for them financially and value -wise. Didn't they cut a bunch of guys? they probably need a lot of bodies to fill out the roster so trading down makes sense. Also financially the top 10 picks or so are hard to stomach year after year. Much better on the cap if you can pick in the mid-first. It's not like the Browns have only one special need to fill. They have many holes so there's not a huge benefit to picking @ #5 for them.