Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Pittsburgh Sports > Pittsburgh Pirates

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Giants Giants
August 9th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 04-28-2009, 12:34 PM   #1
trauben
Bench Warmer

Location: City of reigning Super Bowl and Stanley Cup Champions!!!
Member Number: 7929
Smile Enter Quietly.......

.........we don't want to "jinx" anything or startle anyone from their current focus, but we're actually in second place, 2.5 games behind St. Louis.

St. Louis 14 6 .700 -
Pittsburgh 11 8 .579 2.5
Cincinnati 10 9 .526 3.5
Chicago 9 9 .500 4.0
Milwaukee 9 10 .474 4.5
Houston 8 12 .400 6.0

And they even swept the Marlins.

I was having a conversation about them a month ago and talked about how I wasn't even going to bother taking in a game of this year. Instead I said that I was just going to follow the Cubs (my 2nd favorite team). The Cubs were touted as having a really strong chance this year, so I talked about how they'd be "my adopted team". But now I find my Pirates sitting above .500 and are actually looking "consistently" strong, and the Cubs langer behind. Yes, I know it's only the end of April, but one can hope, yes? (I guess that means I haven't given up hope in my buccos after all!)

LETS GO BUCS!

trauben is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2009, 04:12 PM   #2
T.Richardson
Head Coach
Supporter

Member Number: 10617
Default Re: Enter Quietly.......

Whaaa? a Cubs fan? How could you be a Cubs fan, they are the Pirates division rival! Are you like a Dave Littlefield clone?

Anyways, the Pirates need to send Karstons to Indy, he has no control on his pitches, and its embarrassing to see him pitch... I really wish Gorzelanny had some confidence in his pitches, because the Pirates need him to revert back to his '07 form.

I wish McLouth would freakin heal up already! He is like the centerpiece of the offense on this team. Plus hes my fav. player, and I love seeing him smash home runs.
Old 04-28-2009, 06:06 PM   #3
55BaileyFan
Starter

Member Number: 13479

Still too earlier to tell. We have to wait until they get through about 30 games then we can see.
Old 04-28-2009, 07:45 PM   #4
pittsburghp8baller
Head Coach
Supporter

Location: In A Place Where There Is No Other Hockey Fans!!!!!!
Member Number: 5365

Quote:
Originally Posted by 55BaileyFan View Post
Still too earlier to tell. We have to wait until they get through about 30 games then we can see.
30 games is still WAY to soon to tell. its a 6 month season, 30 games is only 1 month. just about every on the pirates are slow starters, so if there bat gets real hot like it usually does later in the season and we still manage to be around where we are now, you better look out.

but now is to way to soon to say we are in OR out
Old 04-28-2009, 10:19 PM   #5
X-Terminator
Mr. Wrong
Supporter

Member Number: 2550

Looks like we're out...
Old 04-28-2009, 10:28 PM   #6
T.Richardson
Head Coach
Supporter

too early to call that X.
Old 04-29-2009, 09:01 AM   #7
trauben
Bench Warmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by T.Richardson View Post
Whaaa? a Cubs fan? How could you be a Cubs fan, they are the Pirates division rival! Are you like a Dave Littlefield clone?
I have no idea who Dave Littlefield is or was, nor do I care, so that statement means zilch to me.

Fact is, I was a HUGE Pirates/baseball fan as a kid. If I wasn't playing the game (catcher), then I was watching it on TV. I watched every game I could when they were on. If they were away and it wasn't being aired, then I was listening to it on my 'transistor' radio.

I lved attending games with my dad and siblings. In those days you had players out on the field with names like; Clemente, Stargel, Sanguillien, Hebner, Alley, Moose, Cash, Parker, Ellis and Oliver, (yeah, I know I'm old). But since the early 90s, I, quite frankly, don't follow the sport anymore except when something unusual happens (like the Pirates on a winning streak occurs).

I'm no Cubs "fan". If I were I'd follow them, but I don't. I just happen to have a soft spot for them so if my Pirates can't win it, then I'm for the Cubs if I happen to be paying attention that year. It's an "underdog" thing. Obviously you don't get it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by X-Terminator View Post
Looks like we're out...
LOL...... Two losses in a row. I shouldn't have said anything.

Old 05-03-2009, 09:59 AM   #8
T.Richardson
Head Coach
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by trauben View Post
I have no idea who Dave Littlefield is or was, nor do I care, so that statement means zilch to me.

Fact is, I was a HUGE Pirates/baseball fan as a kid. If I wasn't playing the game (catcher), then I was watching it on TV. I watched every game I could when they were on. If they were away and it wasn't being aired, then I was listening to it on my 'transistor' radio.

I lved attending games with my dad and siblings. In those days you had players out on the field with names like; Clemente, Stargel, Sanguillien, Hebner, Alley, Moose, Cash, Parker, Ellis and Oliver, (yeah, I know I'm old). But since the early 90s, I, quite frankly, don't follow the sport anymore except when something unusual happens (like the Pirates on a winning streak occurs).

I'm no Cubs "fan". If I were I'd follow them, but I don't. I just happen to have a soft spot for them so if my Pirates can't win it, then I'm for the Cubs if I happen to be paying attention that year. It's an "underdog" thing. Obviously you don't get it.

LOL...... Two losses in a row. I shouldn't have said anything.
Dave Littlefield, the dumbest GM for the Pirates ever, the same dude who traded the Pirates best player, Aramis Ramirez to the division rival Cubs... And now works for the Cubs. Thats why I stated that.
Old 05-03-2009, 03:13 PM   #9
X-Terminator
Mr. Wrong
Supporter

Member Number: 2550

Quote:
Dave Littlefield, the dumbest GM for the Pirates ever, the same dude who traded the Pirates best player, Aramis Ramirez to the division rival Cubs... And now works for the Cubs. Thats why I stated that.
You forgot to mention that he traded A-Ram for the equivalent of a wad of used chewing gum and some empty sunflower seed shells. I didn't know he worked for the Cubs now though. Conspiracy? It sure smells funny, I know that.
Old 05-04-2009, 07:31 AM   #10
trauben
Bench Warmer

Quote:
Dave Littlefield, the dumbest GM for the Pirates ever, the same dude who traded the Pirates best player, Aramis Ramirez to the division rival Cubs. And now works for the Cubs. Thats why I stated that.
I told you I haven't bothered following baseball for over a decade and a half now.