Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Miscellaneous > Locker Room

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Giants Giants
August 9th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 04-30-2009, 04:18 PM   #11
fansince'76
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 1984
Default Re: bho is what he is

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelersinCA View Post
Maybe god will give the Jews a new place to call Israel. I got news for you, when we are done with oil, Israel will be on her own. The ole clock is ticking on Israel.
As it is, I think Israel can do just fine on her own - seems to me she's singlehandedly kicked the living shit out of her neighbors more than once.
fansince'76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2009, 04:46 PM   #12
xfl2001fan
Living Legend

Member Number: 8741

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vincent View Post
The debil has the answers you seek. Ask him.
Nice. LOL

Quote:
I have no predisposition to any denomination of any religion, nor have I referenced any in this thread.
Sorry, it wasn't meant to bring out your religious beliefs, only to highlight the reasons that there are so many variations of Christianity.

Quote:
The aforementioned debil spoke at Jesus through the Sadducees and Pharisees. And Jesus turned their words back against them.
In this, we'll have to agree to disagree. My take is that it was greedy power hungry men who sought to use the Church as their means for power. What better way to maintain control of the masses than to keep them uneducated and punish any non-believer. It's not always the Devil (or God) directly influencing our lives.

Quote:
You seem to have well formed opinions regarding religion. Guessing from a quality education. You may have noted that God made promises to Abraham and his descendants regarding Israel. I have made no suggestion that God loves anyone or doesn't
Actually, my "quality" of education involves 9 semester hours of college, none of which has anything remotely to do with religion. I've chosen to study (and I use that word loosely) various major religions, because I believe that I was given a mind for a reason. That, and I love debate. You may have noticed that on this board.

Quote:
Not at all. This is a forum. Air it out.
Glad that you have an intellect as well as faith. Both are equally important. (mines water, I don't do alcohol).

Quote:
I will respectfully disagree here. My personal belief if that that which we refer to as the Bible is the inspired word of God.
Inspired word of God or not, somebody had to write it down. Even if you look at the new Testament...there are huge inconsistencies with "The Gospels". Look at how each (Matthew, Mark, Luke and John) each describe the resurrection. Something that important, you'd think, would be the exact same story told by each. And yet, whom did the angel speak to? Was it just Mary Magdalene (John 20:1) , or was there more than one woman involved (Matthew 28:1, Luke 24:1)?

Minor details (in the grand scheme of things) aren't nearly as important as the underlying theme...however, this just points out that, despite being God inspired, it was still written by (fallible) men...which means that the details are not necessarily trustworthy.

Quote:
My point here is not to thump the Bible or get into a long drawn out debate on religion. Rather, returning to the first post in the thread, I am voicing my concern that America is turning our backs on Israel. Israel has but one ally in this world. If we step away, all will pounce on her. God said what He said. I'd prefer to not be in the goat side of that equation.
I understand. Again, I'm not questioning your faith, telling you you're absolutely unequivocally or that I'm absolutely unequivocally right...because until such time that we die, we won't really know. I also believe that our faiths are closer linked than my arguments would lend most to believe.

I don't believe we should just stand by and let Israel get pounced, but at the same time, I really am not impressed with the actions of Israel either. The religious side of me is conflicted in this argument.
Old 04-30-2009, 04:51 PM   #13
HAWK
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 12888

Quote:
Originally Posted by X-Terminator View Post
I don't know why we even bother having a presence over there in the first place. I say pull out all our support and troops from the region, and let them blow each other to bits. So long as not one more American soldier is killed or dollar spent on people who'd rather see us all dead anyway.
I agree. I've never understood America's fascination with Israel.

I don't see a problem with being allies. Israel has a huge pair. Their military isn't the weak and pathetic bunch that many think they are. They're a force to be reckoned with. And good for them.
Old 04-30-2009, 07:30 PM   #14
steelwall
Head Coach

Member Number: 8225

Quote:
Originally Posted by fansince'76 View Post
As it is, I think Israel can do just fine on her own - seems to me she's singlehandedly kicked the living shit out of her neighbors more than once.

I agree, and our American soldiers have paid a price for this. I've been in favor for a long time of stepping back and taking a good look at this alliance. An alliance should be mutualy benificial. I don't see that as the case here. If BHO wants to step back a bit from this, it is one thing I could get behind.
Old 04-30-2009, 07:36 PM   #15
Vincent
Team President
Supporter

Member Number: 10927

Quote:
Originally Posted by xfl2001fan View Post
I don't believe we should just stand by and let Israel get pounced, but at the same time, I really am not impressed with the actions of Israel either. The religious side of me is conflicted in this argument.
I think we're singing out of the same hymnal. I'm less than impressed with Israeli "leadership". But this administration scares me @#$%less.

Vernors. An exceptional Ginger Ale.

"We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress & the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution,
but overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution."

Abraham Lincoln
Vincent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2009, 07:41 PM   #16
xfl2001fan
Living Legend

Member Number: 8741

Quote:
I think we're singing out of the same hymnal. I'm less than impressed with Israeli "leadership". But this administration scares me @#$%less.

Vernors. An exceptional Ginger Ale.
I can go with the Vernors. I have yet to taste a better Ginger Ale! It's not just Israel leadership though, it's their entire culture. They're every bit as messed up as the rest of the ME. Certainly they need to protect their borders...but more importantly, they need to get a firmer grasp on their own people as well. Nothing will change in the ME until such time as each of those "civilizations" (and I use that term very loosely) get a firm grasp on their own people...
Old 04-30-2009, 07:56 PM   #17
Vincent
Team President
Supporter

Quote:
I can go with the Vernors. I have yet to taste a better Ginger Ale! It's not just Israel leadership though, it's their entire culture. They're every bit as messed up as the rest of the ME. Certainly they need to protect their borders...but more importantly, they need to get a firmer grasp on their own people as well. Nothing will change in the ME until such time as each of those "civilizations" (and I use that term very loosely) get a firm grasp on their own people...
We're in violent agreement. The ME has been FUBAR since the beginning of recorded history. Its stunningly arrogant to posture that we have a clue as to how sort it. Either party. The departure with me is that we're now sideling up to the terrorists.

You know what would be a refreshing national "posture"? Put on the Marine face and say "its our damned oil. We're going to extract every damned drop. And what are you going to do about it?" At least we can agree to respect intellectual honesty.

"We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress & the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution,

Abraham Lincoln
Old 04-30-2009, 08:01 PM   #18
steelwall
Head Coach

Member Number: 8225

Quote:
So true...

Just seems that Israel in particular has come to expect our unconditional support. They constantly anger the entire region and we are there to sweep up the mess in alot of cases.

Like fansince76 and you have mentioned.

1. Thanks to us they are perfectly capable of defending themselves.

2. They have social issues that we can't help with anyway. These issues more often than not destablize the region.
Old 04-30-2009, 08:06 PM   #19
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark

Member Number: 658
Thanked 6,175 Times in 2,657 Posts

Quote:
The ME has been FUBAR since the beginning of recorded history. Its stunningly arrogant to posture that we have a clue as to how sort it. agree 100% Either party. The departure with me is that we're now sideling up to the terrorists. pretty sure we havent drawn lines in the sand.

You know what would be a refreshing national "posture"? Put on the Marine face and say "its our damned oil. totally agree. We're going to extract every damned drop. And what are you going to do about it?" At least we can agree to respect intellectual honesty.
while we may be on different ends of the political spectrum (based on las nov. outcomes) i understand and can definitely respect that and the manner in which it was delivered.

as far as barak being the debil, i have a bobby bouche and his momma picture for you.
Old 04-30-2009, 08:18 PM   #20
Vincent
Team President
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony hipchest View Post
while we may be on different ends of the political spectrum (based on las nov. outcomes) i understand and can definitely respect that and the manner in which it was delivered.

as far as barak being the debil, i have a bobby bouche and his momma picture for you.
I'm not into the parties. They both suck. One's a bunch of ineffectual cuckolds. The others are, well, let's just leave that be.

No, I don't think bho is da debil. I do believe his core is satanic (alinsky, lifelong marxist associations). Words mean things.

Abraham Lincoln