Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

Old 05-01-2009, 02:16 PM   #1
STEELAMANIA
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 8791
Smile It's all over and done.

Just like last offseason, I said the Steelers would win the Superbowl......and I'm saying it again....The Steelers will win Superbowl 44....so we all can celebrate now or in February 2010.
Old 05-01-2009, 02:23 PM   #2
55BaileyFan
Starter

Member Number: 13479
Default Re: It's all over and done.

I think we could very well repeat as well...but....lets not plan the trip just yet. There are a lot of improved teams this year. The Giants, Eagles, Redskins, Ravens, even the Dolphins are more improved.
Old 05-01-2009, 02:26 PM   #3
scsteeler
Team Captain

Member Number: 8491

Being the Steeler fan I am I can agree with the Steelers Winning the upcoming super bowl.
scsteeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2009, 02:30 PM   #4
STEELAMANIA
Bench Warmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by 55BaileyFan View Post
I think we could very well repeat as well...but....lets not plan the trip just yet. There are a lot of improved teams this year. The Giants, Eagles, Redskins, Ravens, even the Dolphins are more improved.
Improving on paper and on the field are two different things......let's see if they are pretenders or contenders this coming fall.....
Old 05-01-2009, 02:32 PM   #5
Rowghani
Water Boy

Member Number: 13496

I have to admit I was very pessimistic at the start of last year. We had the toughest schedule in the NFL and so many questions surrounding our O-line. However this year we have one of the easiest schedules in the NFL and ive come to realize that because of Ben's style and the dominance of our Defence we dont need the greatest O-line to win. We have to understand that Ben will get sacked and run plays will get stuffed, but its not the end of the world. Also really excited to see what Mendenhall and newly appointed started Timmons bring to the table. I like our chances this year although its going to be a dog fight with Baltimore for the division.
Rowghani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2009, 02:37 PM   #6
STEELAMANIA
Bench Warmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rowghani View Post
I have to admit I was very pessimistic at the start of last year. We had the toughest schedule in the NFL and so many questions surrounding our O-line. However this year we have one of the easiest schedules in the NFL and ive come to realize that because of Ben's style and the dominance of our Defence we dont need the greatest O-line to win. We have to understand that Ben will get sacked and run plays will get stuffed, but its not the end of the world. Also really excited to see what Mendenhall and newly appointed started Timmons bring to the table. I like our chances this year although its going to be a dog fight with Baltimore for the division.
As long as Baltimore CANT handle the Steelers speed rushers coming off the edge, NO WAY do the Ravens beat the Steelers this upcoming season. Alot of teams will use our game film to gameplan Baltimore and use it to their advantage.....Baltimore might win 8 or nine games.
Old 05-01-2009, 02:51 PM   #7
Steelman16
Team President

Member Number: 6517

Of course, you also said Sweed would rock everybody's socks last year...
Old 05-01-2009, 02:55 PM   #8
Rowghani
Water Boy

Member Number: 13496

Quote:
Originally Posted by STEELAMANIA View Post
As long as Baltimore CANT handle the Steelers speed rushers coming off the edge, NO WAY do the Ravens beat the Steelers this upcoming season. Alot of teams will use our game film to gameplan Baltimore and use it to their advantage.....Baltimore might win 8 or nine games.
I hear ya althought thats probably why they jumped some spots to draft Oher in the first round. They still dont have a play maker on offense and thats where the steelers have the advantage but I think the ravens will come very close to their 11 win season of last year. That defence is still very scary.
Rowghani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2009, 03:06 PM   #9
billybob
Banned

Member Number: 5364

Very bold prediction.........i love it ! I am more of an optimist , than a pesimist , i believe we have all of the components to bring it all the way home , although those components , not all of them at least , are in ink yet , hardly even pencil for most .
Under Tomlins direction , i see no reason thus far to believe anything but bringing home # 7 . Even though there will be 31 other teams trying to stop that from happening. There were 31 others last season too though . Count me in on that ! ! ! ! ! ! ! We will be wearing that big bullseye this year .

Last edited by billybob; 05-01-2009 at 03:21 PM.
billybob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2009, 05:46 PM   #10
LVSteelersfan
Living Legend

Member Number: 6620
My Mood: Yeehaw

It all comes down to how big the heads of the players get after last year. If they can be reigned in and realize that they have that proverbial target on their back then perhaps they can go a long way. They will get beat by a team or two like Detroit and Oakland if they get too big headed. I just remember waiting FOREVER to get another Super Bowl win after the 70s. So although I am optimistic, I am not going to freak out if their season isn't what I hope it is.

COACH - Breakfast of Champions !!!

Last edited by LVSteelersfan; 05-01-2009 at 05:47 PM. Reason: A perfectly OK word was labelled as profanity.
LVSteelersfan is offline   Reply With Quote