Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Miscellaneous > Locker Room

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

Old 05-03-2009, 09:40 PM   #31
steelwall
Head Coach

Member Number: 8225
Default Re: Yet another bho campaign lie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIGBENFASTWILLIE View Post
Well, lets give Obama a chance....see what happens.... Hes our leader and we should support him.
I looked back at your past posts.... Should we give him the same support you gave Bush?
Old 05-03-2009, 10:26 PM   #32
BIGBENFASTWILLIE
Living Legend

Member Number: 618

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelwall View Post
I looked back at your past posts.... Should we give him the same support you gave Bush?
Yes, I supported bush 100% when he was first elected.....
Old 05-03-2009, 10:44 PM   #33
steelwall
Head Coach

Member Number: 8225

Quote:
Yes, I supported bush 100% when he was first elected.....

I'll wait for a while before I totally trash Obama then.
Old 05-03-2009, 11:09 PM   #34
MACH1
Quest For Seven
Supporter

Member Number: 3236
Thanked 6,417 Times in 2,369 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelwall View Post

I'll wait for a while before I totally trash Obama then.
He's past the 100 day grace period.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
MACH1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2009, 11:40 PM   #35
ShutDown24
Team President

Member Number: 3997

Quote:
Busted campaign promises..... Why dont you give the man a chance??? Hes only been in office a few months and your gonna say busted campaign promises??? WOW.
I just wanted to make a comment on your signature. Before that, I agree with your post that we should give President Obama a little more time before being so judgmental. Although I haven't been impressed so far, but let's not jump to conclusions.

About your signature, however, public opinion currently is resting positively for Democrats. With that in mind, Arlen Spector had this on CNN today "I left the Republican party because I'm not going to compromise my re-election by remaining with a ticket that can't carry me to victory." That quote makes the statement in your signature look rather silly...
Old 05-04-2009, 07:06 AM   #36
silver & black
Team President

Member Number: 1836

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Patriot View Post
I would avoid all forms of televised infotainment.
Do you honestly believe that the news paper and internet medias are any less biased? You can only watch and read ALL forms of "news" presentations, and figure out for yourself where YOU feel the truth lies.
silver & black is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009, 09:54 AM   #37
revefsreleets
Living Legend

Member Number: 5353

The problem with government in the healthcare industry is simple.

They can price things at whatever they want as long as their prices are, at inception, lower than private companies. It's the government, so if they lose money, so what?

The providers and hospitals can't say "no" because the governemnt will, right out of the gate, probably make up half their business. So they will be forced to accept the insurance in much the same way that Wal-Mart opertates (You don't want to sell to us at our prices? Fine, then you can't sell your stuff at Wal-Mart, the largest retailer in the World.")

They can essentially charge most people nothing, run the private companies out of business, then set up a giant monolithic health care monopoly. Guess what happens when the government controls healthcare? It will be exponentially more inefficient, exponentially more expensive, and probably not nearly as high quality as what we offer now.

The sytem is broken, but not irreparably so. If we take the whole system public, we will completely ruin healthcare in the US. And, although their intentions are good, this is exactly what the Democratic platform entails.

By the way, trying to insure the 40 million or so currently ininsured is a bit of a red herring. Of those 40 million, how many are in true need of insurance, and how many simply choose to prioritize it less than, say, cable TV, or beer and smokes, or any number of other luxuries that they deem more important than health insurance? The fact is, it's not like they can't get care without insurance, and they know this! Why pay for what they can already get for free? And if they get a big bill, so what again? There's no blood to be squeezed form those turnips anyway.
Old 05-04-2009, 10:32 AM   #38
Vincent
Team President
Supporter

Member Number: 10927

Quote:
Originally Posted by revefsreleets View Post
By the way, trying to insure the 40 million or so currently ininsured is a bit of a red herring. Of those 40 million, how many are in true need of insurance, and how many simply choose to prioritize it less than, say, cable TV, or beer and smokes, or any number of other luxuries that they deem more important than health insurance? The fact is, it's not like they can't get care without insurance, and they know this! Why pay for what they can already get for free? And if they get a big bill, so what again? There's no blood to be squeezed form those turnips anyway.
This is the component of the "numbers" the dems refuse to acknowledge. They harp on "47M uninsured 'Americans'" like they do all their sloganeering. BTW, that "number" has dropped to 44m.

That "number" includes everybody inside these flimsy borders that are uninsured for a nanosecond - illegals, young people that don't care about insurance, people between jobs, etc. If you take these out of the "number" you have about 9M.

Whether its 47M or 9M, if the real goal is to fix something, then fix it for the "number", and not at the expense of those who do it the right way.

But this issue, like any issue with the dems, isn't about fixing anything. Its about grabbing power.

"We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress & the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution,
but overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution."

Abraham Lincoln
Vincent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009, 03:18 PM   #39
The Patriot
Head Coach

Member Number: 7750

Quote:
Originally Posted by silver & black View Post
Do you honestly believe that the news paper and internet medias are any less biased? You can only watch and read ALL forms of "news" presentations, and figure out for yourself where YOU feel the truth lies.
I like BBC and NPR. They're so apathetic that sometimes I wonder if the story they're reporting is good or bad.
Old 05-05-2009, 09:16 AM   #40
revefsreleets
Living Legend

Member Number: 5353

It's not apathy, it not having a bias...straight reporting. That's what the news is supposed to be, not analysis, not spin, not the reporters slant, just the facts, ma'am...

That's why I try to stick to (on the occasions I do watch television news) things like Jim Lehrer...