Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Miscellaneous > Locker Room

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Referees    Browns

Old 05-04-2009, 05:38 PM   #11
HometownGal
Living Legend

Member Number: 2413
Default Re: Personal experience that ticked me off!!!

Quote:
and soon as their views are about to be challenged they shut off the conversation
Or deflect and spin.

Hmmmmm - sounds eerily familiar to a certain place we all know and love.

Next time, work up a good fart and let 'er rip. That'll shut 'em up fast and in a hurry.

The Anti-Wahoo
HometownGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 05:53 PM   #12
drewcary
Water Boy

Member Number: 1041

A couple years ago the brother of my father in law said that "we live in a remarkable country that can survive a stolen election and a war started on a lie."

I replied "dam! can't you let JFK rest in peace?"

at that point he went for another beer.
Old 05-07-2009, 06:39 AM   #13
stlrtruck
THE PRINCESS' Daddy
Supporter

Member Number: 2398

Quote:
Originally Posted by drewcary View Post
A couple years ago the brother of my father in law said that "we live in a remarkable country that can survive a stolen election and a war started on a lie."

I replied "dam! can't you let JFK rest in peace?"

at that point he went for another beer.

That's beautiful!

60 Minutes, 53 Men, 6 Trophies,1 NATION. . .STEELERS NATION!!!
Sig courtesy of STEELAX04
stlrtruck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 07:09 AM   #14
ShutDown24
Team President

Member Number: 3997

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCSTILLER View Post
Alright, so me and my fiance went to a friends house for dinner on Saturday night. The couples house we went to are the ones that introduced us. They were having a dinner for other friends that were in town from NC. I have only met the NC friends only once before, so not all too familiar with them, and only met the other people at the party maybe three times. The only people I knew well were the hosts, at least the husband that is. OK, that is the set up.

So, everyone is sitting around talking with several different discussions going on about almost everything. Me and the host (my friend) were talking shop, but the other table they were all talking politics. In their conversation they were bashing Bush, McCain, raking Palin over the coals, and praising the work that Obama has been doing so far. Now, I am overhearing this and since I am BSing with my friend and figured to stay out of it. That goes on for awhile, then we all have a nice dinner together then afterwards sit around outside and BS some more. Well, politics comes up again and they are just bashing the Republican party (would have made you happy Hipchest ) so I finally put my two cents into the mix. Soon as they found out that I was the opposition per say the wife of my buddy states "we don't talk about politics here!" THEY had been talking politics all evening, and soon as their views are about to be challenged they shut off the conversation. So I say alright, not wanting be a dick, and one guy says something about Palin being an idiot (trying to get in the last word) and I roll my eyes and state "yeah, Biden is Mensa scholar" and they adamantly state "WE DONT TALK POLITICS!" I was the bad guy of the group. Now, my buddy stayed out of this, I think he was cleaning the grill, but they all ticked me off.

IMO, don't talk politics in a group if you aren't willing to have your opinions challenged. I fully expected my opinions to be challenged, that is what is great about our country, but I guess they didn't see it that way. They all acted like the judge on Miss America, don't ask a question if you aren't ready to hear the opposite of what you believe. Just needed to vent, thank you. By the way, my fiance stayed out of it and pretty much understood why I was disappointed, I knew there was a reason I love her!
Haha, remind you of anywhere?
Old 05-07-2009, 07:26 AM   #15
trauben
Bench Warmer

Location: City of reigning Super Bowl and Stanley Cup Champions!!!
Member Number: 7929

Quote:
Originally Posted by drewcary View Post
Oh, you're talking about BO's election?

Quote:
Nevada charges ACORN illegally paid to sign voters
By KEN RITTER
Associated Press Writer

Nevada authorities filed criminal charges Monday against the political advocacy group ACORN and two former employees, alleging they illegally paid canvassers to sign up new voters during last year's presidential campaign.

http://www.kansascity.com/440/story/1177833.html

trauben is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2009, 11:11 AM   #16
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark

Member Number: 658
Thanked 4,825 Times in 2,091 Posts

sorry to laugh at your misfortune, but....

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCSTILLER View Post
and they adamantly state "WE DONT TALK POLITICS!" I was the bad guy of the group.

IMO, don't talk politics in a group if you aren't willing to have your opinions challenged. I fully expected my opinions to be challenged, that is what is great about our country, but I guess they didn't see it that way. !
...."WE DONT TALK POLITICS!" = "but... but... but... bush "