Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Miscellaneous > Locker Room

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Bucs

Old 05-04-2009, 08:41 PM   #21
MasterOfPuppets
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 1990
Thanked 3,776 Times in 1,613 Posts
Default Re: Corporal Punishment (in school?)

Quote:
Originally Posted by xfl2001fan View Post
And at this point in time, we part ways. I renounce all religious ties and will become an atheist, strap a bunch of bombs to myself, load up on a bunch of weapons I get from my Right-Wing Extremist friends and blow up a church.

Freaking butthead.
slammed by a preacher ? ......well done preacher...well done.....

"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first." -Thomas Jefferson

"The man who reads nothing at all is better educated than the man who reads nothing but newspapers." - Thomas Jefferson

MasterOfPuppets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009, 08:51 PM   #22
stlrtruck
THE PRINCESS' Daddy
Supporter

Member Number: 2398

Quote:
And at this point in time, we part ways. I renounce all religious ties and will become an atheist, strap a bunch of bombs to myself, load up on a bunch of weapons I get from my Right-Wing Extremist friends and blow up a church.

Freaking butthead.
Don't worry preach just put a goal line around your church, you won't have to worry about him finding it then.

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelwall View Post
Oh no!!! run everybody!!!!

I'm just curious what he's going to do? I mean after he goes 3 and out does he punt?

60 Minutes, 53 Men, 6 Trophies,1 NATION. . .STEELERS NATION!!!
Sig courtesy of STEELAX04
stlrtruck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009, 09:33 PM   #23
Preacher
Living Legend

Member Number: 16327

Quote:

Freaking butthead.

Sorry, it was just too well set up. You are ok in my book!
Preacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009, 10:01 PM   #24
xfl2001fan
Living Legend

Member Number: 8741

No worries, my skin is thicker than many of the other n00bz who troll this place.
Old 05-04-2009, 10:13 PM   #25
Shoes
Team Captain
Supporter

Member Number: 6382

WOW some of you folks must have been great kids in school..only getting paddled once! I got paddled from 1st grade till about 10 th grade (public school). The Teachers took great pride in crafting their wooden paddles into all kinds of unique designs. The one I feared most was about 2 foot long (not counting the grip) . About1/2 thick and split down the middle..also had holes drilled in the surface to reduce drag ...OUCH!

I had a wonderful 2nd grade teacher who would read the Bible to us each morning (which I know had a great impact on my life in later years). She did not spare the rod...I remember her chasing me with her yard stick saying "Foolishness is bound in the heart of a child; but the rod of correction shall drive it far from him".(Proverbs 22:15)

I didn't have much discipline at home as a kid so getting my backside flamed at school did me much good. Think my 2nd grade teacher is smiling in heaven.

shoes

Last edited by Shoes; 05-05-2009 at 12:28 AM.
Shoes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 08:33 AM   #26
revefsreleets
Living Legend

Member Number: 5353

Quote:

Freaking butthead.
Given the recent past and current state of the Browns, on a long enough timeline, I'm guessing this is probably ultimately the fate of MOST Browns fans...
Old 05-05-2009, 08:37 AM   #27
steelwall
Head Coach

Member Number: 8225

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoes View Post
WOW some of you folks must have been great kids in school..only getting paddled once! I got paddled from 1st grade till about 10 th grade (public school). The Teachers took great pride in crafting their wooden paddles into all kinds of unique designs. The one I feared most was about 2 foot long (not counting the grip) . About1/2 thick and split down the middle..also had holes drilled in the surface to reduce drag ...OUCH!

I had a wonderful 2nd grade teacher who would read the Bible to us each morning (which I know had a great impact on my life in later years). She did not spare the rod...I remember her chasing me with her yard stick saying "Foolishness is bound in the heart of a child; but the rod of correction shall drive it far from him".(Proverbs 22:15)

I didn't have much discipline at home as a kid so getting my backside flamed at school did me much good. Think my 2nd grade teacher is smiling in heaven.

shoes

I think the parents made up for what I didn't get at school. And ohhhhh man you had better not got on Grandma's wrong side as a kid. R.I.P Grandma. The best and strongest woman I have ever known.
Old 05-05-2009, 09:45 AM   #28
Dino 6 Rings
Living Legend

Member Number: 6891

The only problem I have with it, is this.

I have an 11 year old daughter, and the idea of some Man paddling my daughters butt, well, that's gonna fly over well with me at all. Let me take care of it, I don't want any other guy touching my daughter, teacher, cop, or whatever.

So as for that, I'd kick the living shiiit out of any man that "paddled" my daughter.

If I wanted anyone besides myself to physically discipline my daughters, I'd send them to Catholic School and let the Nuns have their way with them.

So that's my stance. Hit somone else's kids all you want, touch mine, and I'll bury your body deep and you'll never be found.
Old 05-05-2009, 10:09 AM   #29
lamberts-lost-tooth
Banned

Member Number: 2363

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dino 6 Rings View Post

I have an 11 year old daughter, and the idea of some Man paddling my daughters butt, well, that's gonna fly over well with me at all. Let me take care of it, I don't want any other guy touching my daughter, teacher, cop, or whatever.

So as for that, I'd kick the living shiiit out of any man that "paddled" my daughter.

If I wanted anyone besides myself to physically discipline my daughters, I'd send them to Catholic School and let the Nuns have their way with them.

So that's my stance. Hit somone else's kids all you want, touch mine, and I'll bury your body deep and you'll never be found.
Right on the money...I dont trust ANYONE else to make the judgement as to when to punish my kids.
I DID spank my kids and they are now well adjusted, polite, teenagers...(as opposed to the "time-out and entightlement" generation they are raised with). So the Department of Children and Family Services can kiss my rosy red butt and take their liberal "time-out" philosophy somewhere else.
I take my responsibliity to raise my children to be productive members of society , very seriously. That means it is MY responsibility...not the governments to tell me how...and not someone else do it for me.
Take a paddle to my kid...and it better be made of chocolate...'cause your going to eat it.
lamberts-lost-tooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 01:41 PM   #30
Preacher
Living Legend

Member Number: 16327

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dino 6 Rings View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamberts-lost-tooth View Post
Right on the money...I dont trust ANYONE else to make the judgement as to when to punish my kids.
I DID spank my kids and they are now well adjusted, polite, teenagers...(as opposed to the "time-out and entightlement" generation they are raised with). So the Department of Children and Family Services can kiss my rosy red butt and take their liberal "time-out" philosophy somewhere else.
I take my responsibliity to raise my children to be productive members of society , very seriously. That means it is MY responsibility...not the governments to tell me how...and not someone else do it for me.
Take a paddle to my kid...and it better be made of chocolate...'cause your going to eat it.
But the difference is, if the two of you received a phonecall from your child's school concerning their behavior, then they would have been in trouble at home. Many of these kids are not from that kind of enviroment.

Personally, I would NOT give approval. However, the principal would know quickly that a phone call to me would take care of the situation.
Preacher is offline   Reply With Quote