Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Giants Giants
August 9th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 01-10-2006, 11:44 PM   #1
BlitzburghRockCity
Banned

Member Number: 70
Default We learned alot from the first game

When we played the colts we learned alot about their defense and how it affects us. Obviously we are more healthy now, well w/ the exception of harrison who is doubtful and now quincy gone w/ a busted leg. But overall on offense we are more healthy and more apt to handle that pass rush. I will benefit us immensly this weekend to have played them already and see what their tendancies are and what we think we can exploit.
BlitzburghRockCity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2006, 11:48 PM   #2
Prosdo
Banned

Member Number: 86
Default Re: We learned alot from the first game

I agree Matt. I think another benefit is we already played in that dome. The Steelers have been preparing all week with loud speakers blasting noise. As you said we're pretty healhty at this point. Ben is playing his best football right now. The offensive line is clicking again. I think Dick LeBeau will cook something up to confuse Peyton.
Prosdo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2006, 07:27 AM   #3
SteelerFanInATL
Team Captain

Member Number: 369

Not only did we play in Indy but we also went to Min and played in there dome. This will be our third dome game of the year and we should be better prepared for the situation.
Even in the Min game we looked better than in Indy. The more think about it the more I like our chances.
Old 01-11-2006, 09:29 AM   #4
Atlanta Dan
Resigned
Supporter

Member Number: 728
Thanked 5,822 Times in 2,690 Posts

Hopefully one thing they learned is that when you play the Colts at their place the tension is in holding serve on offense and not getting desperate if you initially fall behind. When Ben threw the pick at the end of the first half of the last game, after which the Colts kicked a FG, Cowher flipped out and tried the misguided onside kick, after which the game was over.

If the Steelers can get ahead the Colts' crowd may have the same sense of dread Steelers crowds have had in AFC Championship games and lose some of its edge. If the Colts get up by more than a TD that crowd, together with the the Colts O, will be in a frenzy and the Steelers will be cooked on Sunday.

Coming back from 10 down on Kitna and a Bengals team that was in shock from the Palmer injury (and maybe the Chad Johnson fight with a coach at halftime?) is not in the same solar system of difficulty as coming back from 10 down on Peyton Manning at home.
At this stage of the season it may not be possible, but the Steelers D has to avoid its season long pattern of not getting traction for the first few possessions.
Atlanta Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2006, 11:50 AM   #5
Rotorhead
Head Coach
Supporter

Member Number: 703
My Mood: Relaxed

It all depends on which Def shows up IMO. Our good one that has shown flashes of dominance, or the other one that makes stupid mistakes and takes its time to start making plays.
Rotorhead is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2006, 05:05 PM   #6
clevestinks
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 302

Yeah we tried more silent snap counts in Min.
Indy is expected to place 8 men in the box again. We can pick apart this offense with some time, and short passes, then when they drop back run and run. We need Ben to have time!
Old 01-11-2006, 06:11 PM   #7
Suitanim
Banned
Supporter

Member Number: 591

That onside kick was in the gameplan regardless of score...Cowher saw something on film in their formation he wanted to exploit, but it's tough to execute when your kicker only kicks the onside kick 7 yards!

I expect him to open up the bag of tricks a couple times again...that's one of the few benefits of being a dog on the road...the Steelers are desperate and could try anything at anytime...
Suitanim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2006, 06:16 PM   #8
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark

Member Number: 658
Thanked 6,219 Times in 2,676 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suitanim
That onside kick was in the gameplan regardless of score...Cowher saw something on film in their formation he wanted to exploit, but it's tough to execute when your kicker only kicks the onside kick 7 yards!

I expect him to open up the bag of tricks a couple times again...that's one of the few benefits of being a dog on the road...the Steelers are desperate and could try anything at anytime...
theyve been practicing this stuff all year. no reason to leave it in the bag if its gonna work as good as it did last weekend. jerome had heath wide open in the endzone if he just held onto the ball

ben was suprised to see wilson and ward both wide open when he got the toss back fronm el
tony hipchest is online now   Reply With Quote