Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

Old 05-07-2009, 11:21 AM   #1
StainlessStill
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 12999
Thanked 2,148 Times in 863 Posts
Default This is how you OWN a Big Ben Hater....

I'm a blog and message board guy, I love talkin' Steelers and Sports all over the web. On this one site, I came across an ignorant big Ben hater, who completely spewed diarrhea out the mouth.He said the most overated QB in the NFL is Roethlisberger, and he can't hold Marino, or Favre's jock. I then owned him on his subject, and had to share it with you guys. This just shows that noone can eff with a Steelers fan.

HE SAID: The most overrated QB in the NFL right now is Ben Roethlisberger. Makes monumental eff-ups and is bailed out by his defense over and over. He's got 2 rings * Rolling Eyes* One of them his team won in SPITE of him. He can't carry Favre's or Marino's jock strap.

My Response: OBVIOUSLY you don't watch too many Steelers games to know how important Ben Roethlisberger is to his team. HE was the reason we made a run at the Superbowl in '05 (let alone MAKING THE GAME SAVING TACKLE AFTER BETTIS FUMBLED ON THE ONE.) If you paid attention, the running game was basically non existent, and it was Ben who took the team on his shoulders and delivered with big pass after big pass, in crucial situations. Yeah, he didn't have a good game against Seattle, big deal, he played well enough to win the game, and DID make some key plays that iced the football game.

Monumental eff-ups.. are you talking about yourself again? Jesus Christ, without the plays he makes single handily the last 5 seasons, Pittsburgh's nowhere near the caliber team they are today. He gets out of trouble better than what David Blaine ever can do. He's a wayyyy better FOOTBALL player than Manning or Brady, and when it's time to grind it out, Bens the quarerback you take in ANY SITUATION.

How does the defense bail him out? This statement can't be more false. As GOOD as the Steelers defense was this season, THEY were the burden late in most football games this season, and it was BEN that led his unit down field, 80 yards consistently each game in those situations against TOUGH as nails defense. These games included:

Baltimore: Monday Night game at home against the Ravens, he brought the Steelers down from 10 to lead his team into overtime, eventually making a nice march to put his kicker in the situation to win the game.

"The victory, which came after the Steelers scored 17 unanswered points and squandered a late lead, wasn't sealed until Jeff Reed snuck a 46-yard field goal attempt just inside the left goal post at 8:55 of overtime.

It gave the Steelers a 3-1 record as well as first place in the AFC North. It may also have represented another stage in the maturation of quarterback Ben Roethlisberger.

Roethlisberger threw for 191 yards and the touchdown that jump-started the Steelers' offense in the third quarter. In truth, he may have provided the jolt his team needed earlier.

So frustrated by the Steelers play through the first two quarters Roethlisberger said he "screamed" at his teammates at halftime.

"Very unusual," wide receiver Santonio Holmes said of Roethlisberger's outburst, "but being a captain, that's what we expect from him." He came in and stated his claim."

"I was tired of being booed," Roethlisberger said, "I was tired of being embarrassed on offense. I told the guys that. I said, 'There's no need for it.' "

The Very next week in Jacksonville:

" Roethlisberger engineered an 11-play, 80-yard scoring drive in the fourth quarter, and that proved to be the difference in another classic Jaguars-Steelers game. Roethlisberger may have turned in the play of the game when he completed a third-down pass to Hines Ward right before he was slammed to the turf."

The 11-10 win against San Diego:

"I would say it was frustrating," quarterback Ben Roethlisberger said of the Steelers' inability to score a touchdown, "but we felt good out there on offense."

Roethlisberger redeemed himself for his three-interception performance last week against the Indianapolis Colts. He completed 31 of 41 passes for 308 yards and did not throw an interception. He was a perfect 6 for 6 on the Steelers' final drive, which resulted in Jeff Reed's game-winning 32-yard field goal with 11 seconds remaining.

Dallas:

A 47-yard completion from Roethlisberger to Holmes jump-started the offense, and the Steelers overcame the Cowboys' goal-line stand to score 10 points and tie the game with 2:10 left in the fourth quarter.

That set the stage for the biggest play of Townsend's season.

Very next week @ Baltimore for the division title, and a first round bye:

Quarterback Ben Roethlisberger marched the Steelers 92 yards and capped a 12-play drive with a 4-yard touchdown pass to Santonio Holmes with less than a minute left in the fourth quarter. After producing the only touchdown of the game and then weathering a late push by the Ravens' offense, the Steelers wrapped up the AFC North and assured themselves of no worse than the No. 2 seed in the playoffs

And we all know what he did against Arizona in the Superbowl:

Quarterback Ben Roethlisberger rallied the Steelers after they squandered a 13-point lead, and his late-game heroics produced a 27-23 win and one of the most memorable finishes in Super Bowl history.

Roethlisberger led the Steelers on one of his patented fourth-quarter comebacks, and he capped a 78-yard drive with a 6-yard touchdown pass to Santonio Holmes with 35 seconds left in the game.

Count them, that's 6 nail biting games... games in which the #1 defense FALTERED to put teams away, and it was actually BEN and his offense picking the defense up, and securing a win. Ben Roethlisberger is captain comeback, and he did it on the biggest stage of all.

When will be the GOD DAMN DAY that Ben Roethlisberger gets the respect he deserves? He's clearly, far and beyond an elite quarterback in the NFL. I guess he has to just keep winning Superbowls to be lumped in "just an average Quarterback" company. eff that. He's the type of quarterback ANY team envy's, and they let it show by making dumbass comments as madsplash just did. My advice: watch a Steelers football game rather than looking at stats, then come back and tell me if the man's overrated. Oh, and by the way, He has more Superbowl rings than Marino, and Favre COMBINED. Stick that up your blow hole.

Have a nice day.

--------------------------------

I haven't heard from him since. THAT'S how you own a hater.

ALL HAIL STEELERS NATION!!!!

Last edited by fansince'76; 05-07-2009 at 12:10 PM. Reason: Edited F-bombs.
StainlessStill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 11:25 AM   #2
SteelersMongol
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 2401
Default Re: This is how you OWN a Big Ben Hater....

Nice. That must've been some Tennessee Tits or Jacksonville Jaggoffs fan.
Old 05-07-2009, 11:55 AM   #3
fansince'76
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 1984
Thanked 1,385 Times in 504 Posts

Fact: We didn't win squat for more than a quarter century, despite having great running games and kick-ass defenses for the better part of Cowher's tenure (1994, 1995 and 2001 especially). All of a sudden since Ben's arrival in 2004, we've picked up 2 more Lombardis.

Coincidence? Think not. If we truly could stick any schmuck behind center and win SBs due to having a dominant defense and running game, we'd be working on Lombardi #10 or #11 instead of #7 right now.

Last edited by fansince'76; 05-07-2009 at 12:10 PM.
fansince'76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 12:39 PM   #4
steelreserve
Goatse + Tubgirl = $$$

Member Number: 1976

Your biggest mistake was spending so much effort responding to the guy. People like that tend to not be receptive to anything other than their own hating.
Old 05-07-2009, 12:45 PM   #5
Dino 6 Rings
Living Legend

Member Number: 6891

Great Retort Stainless Still. Very nicely Done.

I especially like the "more rings than Marino and Favre Combined" line. That's a classic, I'll be using that myself in the office next time someone tries to talk down my QB, which isn't often now that he's got 2 rings.
Old 05-07-2009, 01:13 PM   #6
Vincent
Team President
Supporter

Member Number: 10927

Mamma always said "Don't argue with idiots. They'll drag you down to their level then beat you with their experience".

"We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress & the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution,
but overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution."

Abraham Lincoln
Vincent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 03:08 PM   #7
SteelMember
Team Owner

Member Number: 8745

Quote:
Originally Posted by fansince'76 View Post
Fact: We didn't win squat for more than a quarter century, despite having great running games and kick-ass defenses for the better part of Cowher's tenure (1994, 1995 and 2001 especially). All of a sudden since Ben's arrival in 2004, we've picked up 2 more Lombardis.

Coincidence? Think not. If we truly could stick any schmuck behind center and win SBs due to having a dominant defense and running game, we'd be working on Lombardi #10 or #11 instead of #7 right now.
NIce post, and as far as the schumck, I think we signed him...at least 3 times.

"Before you can win a game, you have to not lose it." -- Chuck Noll
SteelMember is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 03:12 PM   #8
Sharkissle29
Team President

Member Number: 910

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelreserve View Post
Your biggest mistake was spending so much effort responding to the guy. People like that tend to not be receptive to anything other than their own hating.
Old 05-07-2009, 03:29 PM   #9
Rek
Starter

Member Number: 10681

Quote:
Originally Posted by fansince'76 View Post

We should bench Ben and see if Kordell or Tomczack are available.
Old 05-07-2009, 03:51 PM   #10
pancake
Head Coach

Member Number: 13552
My Mood: Sick

Mostly Bungal fans in my area and they think Palmer is better than Big Ben.
pancake is online now   Reply With Quote