Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Miscellaneous > Locker Room

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

LOL

Old 05-16-2009, 09:23 PM   #1
stlrtruck
THE PRINCESS' Daddy
Supporter

Member Number: 2398
Default Busch Gardens, Glory at the Gardens, and a 4 year old

Ok so this morning at approximately 8am my princess and I headed out to Busch Gardens for a Christian concert event called Glory at the Gardens which included the likes of Sara Groves, Brandon Heath, Matthew West (her favorite), and Steven Curtis Chapman.

The day started off great with Dunkin' Donuts, chocolate milk, and coffee. When we arrived at the park, it was awesome. She wanted to go straight on the roller coaster but unfortunately she was too small. What we found was some kiddie rides she could get on and then we found the splash zone for the coaster. That made her day, but we had to move on. So on to the Flume. Yes, my 4 year old princess can ride the Flume but not some other rides that are far less aggressive than this ride. But I digress, she was eager. So off we went. She was having a blast.

Then it hit, out of a nowhere, an upset stomach that included diherra (sp). She wanted to come home but the concerts had not started yet. What to do? If I take her home, she'll cry that she missed Matthew West. So I put her in the stroller, parked under neath a tent and she fell off to sleep. I prayed over her and after a good hour and a half nap she was awake but still feeling icky. I missed Brandon Heath but she got to see and hear a bit of Matthew West but I think the heat of the sun was too much and she was ready to walk. So off we went, feeling slightly better but still not 100%. She wanted to ride the planes 1 more time - so we did. Then off to the congo river ride. 1 blasted inch too short and she couldn't ride (one inch really, even with me!) Anyway we found the little fountain park for her to play and it was back in the bathing suit and getting soaked.

Finally got her to eat a hotdog, and a few french fries. Then back to the rides. The ickiness was over and she was ready to go. Found a few more rides but then, just like FL is known for, came the afternoon shower! Rides were shutting down but it was too soon to go home. So after delaying the inevitable for an hour, and distracting her from the closed rides, the time was good to take the hour ride home.

Within 15 minutes on the road she was out like a light, but today was our first daddy/daughter day and I know that we'll have a few more and it's going to include some pretty awesome roller coaster rides.

Well, just thought I'd share my day! I'm exhausted - going to take a shower (yeah I know, TMI), and pass out!

GOOD NIGHT!

60 Minutes, 53 Men, 6 Trophies,1 NATION. . .STEELERS NATION!!!
Sig courtesy of STEELAX04
stlrtruck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2009, 09:50 PM   #2
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark
Supporter

Member Number: 658
Thanked 10,361 Times in 4,303 Posts
Default Re: Busch Gardens, Glory at the Gardens, and a 4 year old

i wish we could set up a playdate for our 2 girls. they sound like kindred spirits.

i had a proud poppa day today, too.

payton is going on 6. i took her today to go get her 1st fishing rod. we are going fishing in 2 weeks and she cant wait to cut the head off the rainbow trout and see it gutted.

she told me she wants to hunt a deer, and asked what wild meat tastes like.

when we got home, she was looking for a dvd to watch. she has all the barbie, tinkerbell, bratz, chuihuahua, hotel for dogs, bambi, disney films, etc a kid could asked for.

she wanted me to put in Jaws. she knows quint but asked me to tell her the names of the other 2 (shreider and dryfus), then went on to tell me her favorite parts are when quint gets eaten and the shark explodes.

after that i took her to the armed forces day "day in the park" for some rides and food. i threw her on the jackrabbit at kennywood 2 years ago and it scared her to tears. but now, anytime she gets on a ride (no matter how small) she raises her arms as if she is on a roller coaster. i noticed that today when she rode the long chain swings that go round and round.

on the way there she asked me to play the CD i used to play to get her pumped up for soccer. i said "you mean metallica"?

she said "yeah, i havent heard that in a long time."

i always though i woulda wanted a boy. im just so glad i got a mini-me.

aint it great? its the greatest thing in the world....
Old 05-16-2009, 09:58 PM   #3
stlrtruck
THE PRINCESS' Daddy
Supporter

Member Number: 2398

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony hipchest View Post
i wish we could set up a playdate for our 2 girls. they sound like kindred spirits.

i had a proud poppa day today, too.

payton is going on 6. i took her today to go get her 1st fishing rod. we are going fishing in 2 weeks and she cant wait to cut the head off the rainbow trout and see it gutted.

she told me she wants to hunt a deer, and asked what wild meat tastes like.

when we got home, she was looking for a dvd to watch. she has all the barbie, tinkerbell, bratz, chuihuahua, hotel for dogs, bambi, disney films, etc a kid could asked for.

she wanted me to put in Jaws. she knows quint but asked me to tell her the names of the other 2 (shreider and dryfus), then went on to tell me her favorite parts are when quint gets eaten and the shark explodes.

after that i took her to the armed forces day "day in the park" for some rides and food. i threw her on the jackrabbit at kennywood 2 years ago and it scared her to tears. but now, anytime she gets on a ride (no matter how small) she raises her arms as if she is on a roller coaster. i noticed that today when she rode the long chain swings that go round and round.

on the way there she asked me to play the CD i used to play to get her pumped up for soccer. i said "you mean metallica"?

she said "yeah, i havent heard that in a long time."

i always though i woulda wanted a boy. im just so glad i got a mini-me.

aint it great? its the greatest thing in the world....
Maybe one day we can get them together on a Game Day in Da 'Burgh. Speaking of which, in 2010 that's our first Daddy/Daughter weekend to a game.

Anyway, I digress. I'm all for it. My daughter was asking for a fishying pole the other day as we walked through Wal-Mart. Those are the days I miss living off the Potomac, knowing I could take her any weekend to fish off the banks - but not here in FL!

But I love having this moments and I know she loved seeing all the animals, petting a red footed tortoise, chasing a peaprofanityfilterprofanityfilterprofanityfilterpr ofanityfilter (albeit briefly), and just having a great moment all together!

60 Minutes, 53 Men, 6 Trophies,1 NATION. . .STEELERS NATION!!!
Sig courtesy of STEELAX04
stlrtruck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2009, 08:19 AM   #4
Galax Steeler
The Virginia Hillbilly
Supporter

Member Number: 3287
Thanked 3,706 Times in 1,568 Posts
My Mood: Lurking

Sounds like your day was a long one and a tired one as well atleast you got to spend a good quality day with your daughter.