Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Referees    Browns

Old 01-12-2006, 04:31 AM   #11
hmmmmmmmm
Banned

Member Number: 679
Default Re: Porter challenges the colts... UGH !

Lol Porter must really not know shit about football if he thinks its just about hitting people. Tryin to talk down on people cause they use their brains and speed to get the W.

I dont think itll give the Colts anymore motivation then they already have after all the shit that has happened. Its not gonna throw Dungy off and try making him run run run to prove Porter wrong or anything....all its gonna do is piss alot of people off if the Steelers dont show up...or make alot of people think he was right if they win
hmmmmmmmm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2006, 05:55 AM   #12
Tim
Starter

Member Number: 661

LOL... I thought that was great.
Tim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2006, 06:29 AM   #13
Justin Otstott
Team Captain

Member Number: 539
My Mood: Relaxed

Quote:
Originally Posted by workhorse
Last year the Broncos harped all week before their playoff game with the Colts that the Colts were soft and a finesse team. You might want to ask them how well that work out. Especially Champ Bailey after Marvin tattooed him.
Thing is your talking about the Bronc-hoes and not the Steelers...two different teams and I must agree with Porter yall's O are a bunch of pussies with a lucky D to back them up!
Old 01-12-2006, 07:04 AM   #14
Tim
Starter

Member Number: 661

Heh.. they just played some of Porter's comments and read the PG story on Mike and Mike... it's gonna get ugly out there today ;)
Tim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2006, 07:24 AM   #15
Atlanta Dan
Resigned
Supporter

Member Number: 728
Thanked 5,672 Times in 2,623 Posts
Angry Re: Porter challenges the colts... UGH !

In another thread last night I posted a link to an article where the Steelers were saying all the right things about the Colts being a great team, how nobody is giving the Steelers a chance, and the Steelers just need to worry about playing their game (link to article below). In that post, I reserved concluding it was an official party line until Porter was heard from.

Well, Porter has once again been heard from - if he backs it up, great. Nevertheless, for once he should attempt to listen to the message his teammates are trying to put out and, just for the h*** of it, keep his f***ing mouth shut for once.

I say this not because I believe "bulletin board" material gets pro athletes geeked up for playoff games but because I am simply tired of Porter's trash talking, notably the garbage during pre-game warm-ups that puts the refs on the lookout to throw an early flag for unsportsmanlike conduct to keep the game under control. Cowher needs to tell Porter to shut up.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/200....ap/index.html

Last edited by Atlanta Dan; 01-12-2006 at 07:28 AM.
Atlanta Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2006, 11:26 AM   #16
ngreene15
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 595

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ambridge
Sometimes I wish Joey would just STFU!!!
He can back up his talk.... I love it when he's talkin' trash before the game

Did anyone see on NFL Sounds of the Game on the NFL Network... Joey was on the oxygen tank and Bengal fans were harpin' at him, so he goes "See what you made me do... I'm tired... Tired ahh kicken all ya asses."

I'm on my way, I can feel my ring comin, it's the blood of a champion, pumpin, deep inside my veins, too much pride to be runnin I'ma get what I can and more, even if my blood, my sweat, and my tears don't mean nothin, it's the heart of a champion
ngreene15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2006, 12:13 PM   #17
Rinkleroot
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 868

I'll never understand why some players have to talk **** before a game, I guess it shows just how Stupid some players really are!!
Rinkleroot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2006, 12:27 PM   #18
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark

Member Number: 658
Thanked 6,071 Times in 2,612 Posts

remember when lee flowers called the tampa bay bucks "paper champions"? that tony dungy led team went out and folded up like a paper bag. sure it was the regular season and the bucs did go on to win a champ the following year. but the comments did work in firing the underdog steelers up for the game. maybe this has the same effect.

this week, dungy remarked on j. bettis throwing for a td in that game too.
tony hipchest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2006, 12:31 PM   #19
SteelCityPride
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 1079

Rinkle,

Have you ever played football above the Midget Level? Football is a game of intense emotion. If you don't have extremely strong emotions going into a game you can't have a pulse. Players trash talking happens in every spoting event. Nothing gets me more excited than to feel or see the emotions running through a player whether he is spilling his guts trash talking because he knows that his teammates will step up and back him up or whether it is through their emotions on the field. Porter is one of the most emotional and therefore most exciting players for me to watch. Hines Ward is the same way, the two have contrasting styles with Ward not talking as much smack but the smile on his face tells you how much he loves the game. I would follow either of these guys into battle.

All I have to say is everyone is talking how the steelers got manhandled in the first meeting. 16-7 at halftime, game still reasonable, we dont recover onside kick in second half that leads to 23-7, not out of control. Steelers with a healthy Marvel Smith and Ben who is playing great the past few games just needs their defense to put up a few big stops or just hold them to 3's and the Steelers are gonna do it.

Last edited by SteelCityPride; 01-12-2006 at 12:47 PM.
SteelCityPride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2006, 12:52 PM   #20
SteelerFanInCA
Team President
Supporter

Member Number: 875

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelCityPride
Rinkle,

Have you ever played football above the Midget Level? Football is a game of intense emotion. If you don't have extremely strong emotions going into a game you can't have a pulse. Players trash talking happens in every spoting event. Nothing gets me more excited than to feel or see the emotions running through a player whether he is spilling his guts trash talking because he knows that his teammates will step up and back him up or whether it is through their emotions on the field. Porter is one of the most emotional and therefore most exciting players for me to watch. Hines Ward is the same way, the two have contrasting styles with Ward not talking as much smack but the smile on his face tells you how much he loves the game. I would follow either of these guys into battle.

All I have to say is everyone is talking how the steelers got manhandled in the first meeting. 16-7 at halftime, game still reasonable, we dont recover onside kick in second half that leads to 23-7, not out of control. Steelers with a healthy Marvel Smith and Ben who is playing great the past few games just needs their defense to put up a few big stops or just hold them to 3's and the Steelers are gonna do it.
Agreed. Talking smack is part of the game. Always has been and always will.
SteelerFanInCA is offline   Reply With Quote