Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

LOL

Old 05-19-2009, 09:18 AM   #1
The_WARDen
Head Coach

Member Number: 7628
Default Ben is the 2nd most clutch QB

Hopefully, this will make some people happy if you care about these silly rankings.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/shu...urn=nfl,164119
After reading the idiotic threads over the past couple of weeks, I ask the question - "Who is worse...Steeler fans or Eagles fans?" Keep in mind that Eagle fans do not know what it's like to win a SB much less 6 and 2 this decade.
The_WARDen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2009, 09:33 AM   #2
Detective
Water Boy

Member Number: 13574
Default Re: Ben is the 2nd most clutch QB

Excuse me fellas.. I'm gonna go pop in Super Bowl XLII so I can see how clutch Tom Brady is.

Stat Padding =/= being clutch.

..sorry, I just really hate Brady.. and I honestly disagree with him being #1 on that list. The title of that article was "Most clutch quarterbacks in the NFL today" What has Brady done recently to show that he's clutch? He wasn't even playing last season and the year before that he blew it when it mattered against the Giants. The year before that he blew it when it mattered against the Colts. The year before that he blew it when it mattered against Broncos. Meanwhile, Ben's play recently has been the definition of the word clutch.

Don't get me wrong. What Tom Brady did to get his 3 rings is impressive, but this a "what have you done for me recently?" league, and Brady has in no way showed that he can still deliver when the chips are down and Adam Vinatieri is on another team.
Old 05-19-2009, 09:59 AM   #3
fansince'76
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 1984
Thanked 1,313 Times in 476 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Detective View Post
....Brady has in no way showed that he can still deliver when the chips are down and Adam Vinatieri is on another team....
....or when he isn't being fed the opponent's illegally-obtained defensive signals....
fansince'76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2009, 10:03 AM   #4
Steel Head
Banned

Member Number: 13393

Big Ben's game winning Super Bowl drive blows away anything Brady has done in the Super Bowl
Steel Head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2009, 10:08 AM   #5
fansince'76
Living Legend
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steel Head View Post
Big Ben's game winning Super Bowl drive blows away anything Brady has done in the Super Bowl
Blasphemy! Those last-minute desperation heaves to Moss in SB XLII were the absolute epitome of clutch! Not to mention this:

[youtube]AzCLZPMBeDM[/youtube]

And that pick he threw to lose the '06 AFCCG after relinquishing an 18-point lead? I mean, just EPIC! Tommy-Boy is the dreamiest! He's the bestest, most wonderfulest QB in the history of the universe!

Old 05-19-2009, 10:32 AM   #6
SteelersMongol
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 2401

Quote:
Originally Posted by fansince'76 View Post
....or when he isn't being fed the opponent's illegally-obtained defensive signals....
WORD!
Old 05-19-2009, 10:37 AM   #7
El-Gonzo Jackson
Living Legend

Member Number: 8264
Thanked 3,175 Times in 1,478 Posts

Sorry folks...if I take off the B&G colored glasses, I still can see how Brady has done more than Ben and deserves higher praise.

As a "football fan" I still regard guys like Elway, Montana, Marino, Bradshaw, Staubach, as better QB's, but Brady and Manning are close in the 2nd group and Ben trails those guys.....but remember, he is still young and hopefully still improving.
Old 05-19-2009, 11:01 AM   #8
fansince'76
Living Legend
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by El-Gonzo Jackson View Post
Sorry folks...if I take off the B&G colored glasses, I still can see how Brady has done more than Ben and deserves higher praise.

As a "football fan" I still regard guys like Elway, Montana, Marino, Bradshaw, Staubach, as better QB's, but Brady and Manning are close in the 2nd group and Ben trails those guys.....but remember, he is still young and hopefully still improving.
It wasn't a list of who's "best," it was a list of the most "clutch," which is completely different. I suppose Brady moving the Pats 20-30 yards into FG range so Vinatieri, who is as money a big-game kicker as it gets, could boot not one, but two 40-yard+ game-winners in the SB was somehow more "clutch" than what Ben did in the latest SB? I beg to differ. And Peyton Manning, for all the gaudy stats he puts up during the regular season that make all the fantasy football geeks cream their jeans, is anything BUT a "clutch" performer in the postseason, which is when the "clutch factor" matters the most and doesn't belong on that list at all. Same goes for McNabb. Accuse me of being a Kool-Aid sipping homer, but at the moment, if I need a TD (not a FG, a TD) to win the game with 2 minutes left in the 4th, I'm taking Ben.
Old 05-19-2009, 11:08 AM   #9
steelreserve
Goatse + Tubgirl = $$$

Member Number: 1976

Quote:
I suppose Brady moving the Pats 20-30 yards into FG range so Vinatieri, who is as money a big-game kicker as it gets, could boot not one, but two 40-yard+ game-winners in the SB was somehow more "clutch" than what Ben did in the latest SB?
I was about to say something like "driving 20 yards so you can run down the clock and kick a field goal on the last play of the game sure counts as performing under pressure, and that kind of heart-stopping suspense is exactly what I love about the NFL." Unfortunately, you beat me to it. Although I have to deduct a few style points for praising Vinatieri. If you'd called him a homo, your response would've been perfect.
Old 05-19-2009, 12:03 PM   #10
mulldog24
Starter

Member Number: 13119

Quote:
It wasn't a list of who's "best," it was a list of the most "clutch," which is completely different. I suppose Brady moving the Pats 20-30 yards into FG range so Vinatieri, who is as money a big-game kicker as it gets, could boot not one, but two 40-yard+ game-winners in the SB was somehow more "clutch" than what Ben did in the latest SB? I beg to differ. And Peyton Manning, for all the gaudy stats he puts up during the regular season that make all the fantasy football geeks cream their jeans, is anything BUT a "clutch" performer in the postseason, which is when the "clutch factor" matters the most and doesn't belong on that list at all. Same goes for McNabb. Accuse me of being a Kool-Aid sipping homer, but at the moment, if I need a TD (not a FG, a TD) to win the game with 2 minutes left in the 4th, I'm taking Ben.
You just said it all,nothing more needs to be said!!!!!!
mulldog24 is offline   Reply With Quote