Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > General Football > NFL Football

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

LOL

Old 05-21-2009, 12:17 PM   #11
steelreserve
Goatse + Tubgirl = $$$

Member Number: 1976
Default Re: What team will Vick go to?

The 49ers and Broncos somehow made it all the way through the offseason with no quarterback, so they could both definitely use Vick. But they probably won't take him.

Honestly, I think being an emergency fill-in for someone who gets injured is his best shot at making it back this year. That gives the team an easy excuse of desperation that they wouldn't have in the offseason.

Maybe he ends up with the Bills in Week 4 after their annual QB injury happens. They might figure what the hell, we already took T.O., so what do we have to lose? Or Carolina is also pretty screwed if Delhomme gets hurt, so maybe that'll happen.
Old 05-21-2009, 12:22 PM   #12
Dino 6 Rings
Living Legend

Member Number: 6891

I think Vick is the perfect person to join that new league that Dennis Green is a part of this year. The one that will be a supplemental developmental league that ends just prior to the NFL Playoffs.

This would allow NFL teams to evaluate if Vick is even worth taking a chance on physically, never mind the baggage of PETA and what not. It also would allow for Vick to be the "high profile" guy in that League, see if he can carry that type of responsibility before he disrespects the NFL Again. Also, that smaller league will allow Vick the time to put in some serious Community efforts into protecting Animals and working with Local Communities to atone for his Sins. Then, after a year of playing in that league and proving himself, the NFL would be a better fit. It would give fans an opportunity to vent their anger on him, while he's Not in the NFL but still high profile.

But that's just what I think.
Old 05-21-2009, 12:57 PM   #13
revefsreleets
Living Legend

Member Number: 5353

He could join Maurice Clarret on the Youngstown Assassins.
Old 05-21-2009, 08:30 PM   #14
steelwall
Head Coach

Member Number: 8225

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godfather View Post
I agree that what he did was horrific, but you can't let Ray Lewis and Leonard Little back into the league and then keep Vick out.

Of course, I'm not sure what team is going to want him. The teams that don't care about character (Bungholes, Cowboys, Ratbirds) don't need him.
2 wrongs dont make a right IMO they should have goten the boot as well.
Old 05-21-2009, 11:05 PM   #15
Godfather
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 547

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelwall View Post
2 wrongs dont make a right IMO they should have goten the boot as well.
It's not two wrongs making a right. I'm just worried it would send a message that killing dogs is worse than killing people.
Godfather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2009, 11:22 PM   #16
steelwall
Head Coach

Member Number: 8225

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godfather View Post
It's not two wrongs making a right. I'm just worried it would send a message that killing dogs is worse than killing people.
I think everyone with a brain cell knows that killing a human being is worse than killing a dog, but the manor in which he killed the dogs is indicative of a man with serious mental issues.

And Ray did get out of the charge so techniclly he's innocent which would make the 2 situations different.
Old 05-21-2009, 11:29 PM   #17
Steel-Bryan
Starter

Member Number: 13188

49ers, panthers, or the Rams
Old 05-21-2009, 11:47 PM   #18
HughC
Starter

Member Number: 8512

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galax Steeler View Post
I could see him in a Dallas uniform.
Jerry Jones seems to have taken a new approach this year, dumping Terrell Owens, Adam Jones and Terry Johnson. (Sorry if you don't recognize them, I refuse to pay homage to these guys by referring to them by their celebrity nicknames.)

I would say the most likely destination is the CFL, but there are two problems with that. One, will his probation allow for him to leave the country? And second, doesn't there season start in about a month? After this much time away from football I can't imagine Vick is going to be ready to play again that quickly.

As far as NFL teams go I see three likely candidates, based more on the character of the team and past history than anything else:

Ravens
Bengals
Raiders
Old 05-22-2009, 01:13 AM   #19
SteelersinCA
Team Owner
Supporter

Member Number: 9302

There are lots of employers that disqualify people based up criminal past, I don't see why the NFL doesn't. It would be easy, you get a felony or federal crime you don't play. It's sort of like the MLB though, if they really wanted to clean up the mess they could, they just are afraid of the side effects.
SteelersinCA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2009, 01:49 PM   #20
Godfather
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 547

Quote:
Originally Posted by HughC View Post
Jerry Jones seems to have taken a new approach this year, dumping Terrell Owens, Adam Jones and Terry Johnson. (Sorry if you don't recognize them, I refuse to pay homage to these guys by referring to them by their celebrity nicknames.)

I would say the most likely destination is the CFL, but there are two problems with that. One, will his probation allow for him to leave the country? And second, doesn't there season start in about a month? After this much time away from football I can't imagine Vick is going to be ready to play again that quickly.

As far as NFL teams go I see three likely candidates, based more on the character of the team and past history than anything else:

Ravens
Bengals
Raiders
The Ratbirds have Flacco and the Bungholes have Cartoon.

The Raiders have JaMarcus Russell--who, as much as people like to dog him, has a slightly higher completion percentage than Ookie Mexico in spite of having horrible receivers. JR also had a higher passer rating last year than Ookie did in his last two seasons. Then you add in the fact that JR is younger, hasn't been out of football for two years, and is a recent #1 overall pick, and Al Davis would have to be off the charts stupid to sign Ookie---oh yeah. Definitely the Raiders.
Godfather is offline   Reply With Quote