Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > General Football > NFL Football

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

Old 07-13-2009, 02:44 PM   #21
Dino 6 Rings
Living Legend

Member Number: 6891
Default Re: What team will Vick go to?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dino 6 Rings View Post
I think Vick is the perfect person to join that new league that Dennis Green is a part of this year. The one that will be a supplemental developmental league that ends just prior to the NFL Playoffs.

This would allow NFL teams to evaluate if Vick is even worth taking a chance on physically, never mind the baggage of PETA and what not. It also would allow for Vick to be the "high profile" guy in that League, see if he can carry that type of responsibility before he disrespects the NFL Again. Also, that smaller league will allow Vick the time to put in some serious Community efforts into protecting Animals and working with Local Communities to atone for his Sins. Then, after a year of playing in that league and proving himself, the NFL would be a better fit. It would give fans an opportunity to vent their anger on him, while he's Not in the NFL but still high profile.

But that's just what I think.

Holy Crap, I'm starting a Blog.

Mon Jul 13, 2009 10:36 am EDT

Is Michael Vick looking at a salary of $620,000 in 2009?
By MJD

There’s nothing close to a guarantee that says Michael Vick will be plying his trade in the National Football League in 2009; in fact, if you judge by Roger Goodell’s suspension-happy past, it’s more likely that Vick won’t be in the big leagues this season.

That would leave Vick looking at the upstart UFL and presumably their maximum salary of $620,000. That’s the figure at the high end of the new league’s salary scale, with $35,000 being what most of the anonymous UFL’ers will make.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/shu...urn=nfl,176183

Old 07-13-2009, 02:50 PM   #22
fansince'76
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 1984
Thanked 1,163 Times in 429 Posts

Quote:
Mon Jul 13, 2009 10:36 am EDT

Is Michael Vick looking at a salary of $620,000 in 2009?
By MJD

There’s nothing close to a guarantee that says Michael Vick will be plying his trade in the National Football League in 2009; in fact, if you judge by Roger Goodell’s suspension-happy past, it’s more likely that Vick won’t be in the big leagues this season.

That would leave Vick looking at the upstart UFL and presumably their maximum salary of $620,000. That’s the figure at the high end of the new league’s salary scale, with $35,000 being what most of the anonymous UFL’ers will make.

Yeah, real good idea for a brand new league to try to put butts in the seats while militant PETA wackos picket every game he plays in. The NFL can absorb the PR hit his playing again is guaranteed to create, a brand new league trying to establish an identity like the UFL won't be able to, IMO.
fansince'76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2009, 02:54 PM   #23
steelax04
Head Coach
Supporter

HolmenKollen Ski Jump Champion!
Member Number: 12182
My Mood: Yeehaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dino 6 Rings View Post
Holy Crap, I'm starting a Blog.
At least it would be worthwhile and have more readers than Limp Timber's.

But I digress...

I think Vick will be with a different team after he's reinstated for three years until he "retires" with his failed comeback attempts.

He'll keep his nose clean, but it's going to be a bumpy ride as a bottom feeder.
Old 07-13-2009, 03:04 PM   #24
millwalldavey
Head Coach

Member Number: 6220

I honestly do not think anyone in the NFL will give him a chance. No matter the reputation of the team. I think based on events of the past few years and the way teams seem to be getting rid of the problem children, noone is going to want the negative publicity or disruption.

The Orlando franchise if the UFL owns his rights. Thats a two edged sword... it will give the league instant star power, while chasing away potential fans at the same time.

I still don't think he will be breathing this time next year.
Old 07-13-2009, 03:16 PM   #25
TackleMeBen
Southern Belle
Supporter

Location: where all the cute men are(especially the one in my avatar)
Member Number: 4435

Quote:
Originally Posted by revefsreleets View Post
He could join Maurice Clarret on the Youngstown Assassins.
now that is a name i hadnt heard in awhile. isnt he in jail or something?

In memory of my brother Michael, who gave me my love of sports. I will miss you!
TackleMeBen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2009, 03:18 PM   #26
BIGBENFASTWILLIE
Living Legend

Member Number: 618

Vick paid for what he did.... maybe payed a bit more than was necessary... lost his money... 2 years in one of the toughest prisons.... blablabla.... but he paid his time... let him back in....no problems
Old 07-13-2009, 03:27 PM   #27
fansince'76
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 1984
Thanked 1,163 Times in 429 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIGBENFASTWILLIE View Post
Vick paid for what he did.... maybe payed a bit more than was necessary... lost his money... 2 years in one of the toughest prisons.... blablabla.... but he paid his time... let him back in....no problems
Absolutely. He was literally ruined by this, and he did his time. If some GM is stupid enough to stake his job on it, why not? Especially in light of the fact that guys like Leonard Little and Donte Stallworth have gotten slaps on the wrists for killing human beings.
fansince'76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2009, 03:41 PM   #28
Dino 6 Rings
Living Legend

Member Number: 6891

I just think it makes sense for him to play in this league from the stand point of getting his Game Legs back under him. If he breaks a couple 60 yard td runs and has a couple 200+ Passing yards, someone will sign him to the Big Boy Roster before the playoffs.

This league could really work to help the NFL find better players. Plus, with a "lock out" / "Strike" looming...we'll have Tape on potential Scab Players now!
Old 07-14-2009, 09:48 AM   #29
millwalldavey
Head Coach

Member Number: 6220

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIGBENFASTWILLIE View Post
As disgusting as I think his crime was (I'm an animal rights activist, vegan, the whole lot)... I think that laking away his livelyhood is too much of a punishment. The guy has to eat.
Old 07-14-2009, 10:00 AM   #30
revefsreleets
Living Legend

Member Number: 5353

He was engaged in an ONGOING criminal enterprise. He knew about and oversaw every aspect of this criminal activity. He was tried, and found guilty, and carried out his sentence. This is exactly how the legal system should work, and it did.

I cannot speak to the Little and Stallworth cases in comparison, because there was no ongoing, premeditated criminal activity in those cases. Vicks intent was to cause harm to dogs, even though he knew it to be wrong. He had chances to stop, and he did not. The DUI's are bad, and neither of those guys was punished severely enough, but in my book, Vick got what he had coming. If I got caught doing what he got caught doing, I'd lose everything too...which makes him even stupider than the average Joe BECAUSE he had so much more to lose...