Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

Old 05-21-2009, 12:25 AM   #1
mesaSteeler
A Son of Martha
Supporter

Member Number: 10438
Default 2009 Pittsburgh Steelers Schedule

2009 Pittsburgh Steelers Schedule
http://www.betfirms.com/2009-pittsbu...lers-schedule/
Written May 20, 2009 by Steve Janus

Today we’ll look at the defending Super Bowl Champion Pittsburgh Steelers and their upcoming schedule for the year. The projected 2009 NFL win totals have been posted and the magic number for the Steelers is 11 wins. Let’s walk through their complete schedule for the season and see which games they are expected to win and which games are thought of as possible losses. These predictions are solely based on the win totals projected for them. Check back later this summer for a complete preview of the 2009 Pittsburgh Steelers. If you are going to bet on the NFL this fall, take advantage of our great offer with BetUS and get a $500 match bonus when you sign up for a new account and deposit $500!

The Steelers are scheduled for 4 pre-season games. They’ll start on Thursday, August 13th at home against the team they played in the 2008 Super Bowl, the Arizona Cardinals. From there Pittsburgh hits the road to play at the Washington Redskins on Saturday, August 22nd. Then it’s back home to face the Buffalo Bills on Saturday, August 29th. The Steelers finish up their pre-season on Thursday, September 3rd at the Carolina Panthers. Looking for Steelers tickets? StubHub has a great selection!

Week 1 - Thursday, September 10th at home against the Tennessee Titans - I think there were a lot of people surprised by how the Titans performed last year. They’re still a good team in ‘09, but not good enough to beat the defending champs in their home opener.

Week 2 - Sunday, September 20th at the Chicago Bears - This will be a tough road game for the Steelers, they may even end up favored as the visitor, but the Bears may take this one in a tight match.

Week 3 - Sunday, September 27th at the Cincinnati Bengals - The Bengals have not improved enough from last year to knock off Pitt, I’ll take the Steelers to win this one.

Week 4 - Sunday, October 4th at home against the San Diego Chargers - I expect the Chargers to be in the playoffs again in 2009, but the trip across the country won’t treat them well. Pitt grabs another win.

Week 5 - Sunday, October 11th at the Detroit Lions - New starting QB doesn’t make the Lions a contender. Easy Pittsburgh win here.

Week 6 - Sunday, October 18th at home against the Cleveland Browns - Should be a game at home that the Steelers win big.

Week 7 - Sunday, October 25th at home against the Minnesota Vikings - Could be a dangerous game for the Steelers if they overlook the Vikes. They won’t. Pitt opens 6-1 heading into their bye week.

Week 8 - BYE

Week 9 - Monday, November 9th at the Denver Broncos - Monday Night Football against a “re-building” Denver crew? Seems like and easy win, but I’ll take the Broncos, if only because I have to find 5 teams to beat the Steelers this year based on their win total.

Week 10 - Sunday, November 15th at home against the Cincinnati Bengals - Steelers sweep Cincy in ‘09.

Week 11 - Sunday, November 22nd at the Kansas City Chiefs - I like what the Chiefs have done in the off-season. I just don’t like what they’ve done enough to take them over the Steelers, even in Kansas City.

Week 12 - Sunday, November 29th at the Baltimore Ravens - This is a great match up. In the end I’ll take the Ravens at home in a close one.

Week 13 - Sunday, December 6th at home against the Oakland Raiders - The Raiders should be the worst team in the NFL in 2009. Pitt rolls.

Week 14 - Thursday, December 10th at the Cleveland Browns - This late in the season, with the playoffs almost a certainty, within their division, and on the road, the Steelers are vulnerable for a loss.

Week 15 - Sunday, December 20th at home against the Green Bay Packers - The Steelers have too much defense and the Packers have too little. Stick with Pitt.

Week 16 - Sunday, December 27th at home against the Baltimore Ravens - Here’s their chance for revenge. Steelers knock the Ravens off in Pittsburgh.

Week 17 - Sunday, January 3rd at the Miami Dolphins - I’ll take the Dolphins if only because this should end up as a meaningless game for the Steelers.

If you want to beat the NFL odds this fall, check back often this season for the best NFL picks in the business, right here at Betfirms!
mesaSteeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2009, 04:50 AM   #2
Galax Steeler
The Virginia Hillbilly
Supporter

Member Number: 3287
Thanked 3,891 Times in 1,630 Posts
My Mood: Lurking
Default Re: 2009 Pittsburgh Steelers Schedule

Week 14 - Thursday, December 10th at the Cleveland Browns - This late in the season, with the playoffs almost a certainty, within their division, and on the road, the Steelers are vulnerable for a loss.

Old 05-21-2009, 04:56 AM   #3
pancake
Head Coach

Member Number: 13552
My Mood: Sick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galax Steeler View Post

I know and I don't see Denver beating us either since Cutler moved to Chitown.

I think we ahould be 13-3, but we will lose a game we shouldn't so I say 12-4.
pancake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 10:30 AM   #4
magoo
Water Boy

Member Number: 13640

Greetings fellow Steeler fans. I am not a prognosticator. It seems to me that it is way too early to try to call the outcome of any NFL game. IE Between now and December 27, when we play the Baltimore Ravens, waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyy too much can happen between then and now.

My analysis of the schedule has a look at it from various perspectives.

For example many see the strength of schedule as a good barameter, however, there are other factors involved. The Steelers are one of only a few NFL teams that have two road trips.

There are 5 different nationally televised games.

Here is my page. http://www.2010-super-bowl.com/Pitts..._Schedule.html

I am looking for input any even critisism. Did i miss any aspect?

http://www.nflnews2010.com/index.html
magoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 11:32 AM   #5
revefsreleets
Living Legend

Member Number: 5353

He has the Browns beating us? And this guy is supposed to be providing solid insight for bettors? Are you KIDDING me?

My first suggestion would be picking the Games BEFORE you pick a final W/L record.

Yikes...
Old 06-02-2009, 11:43 AM   #6
The_WARDen
Head Coach

Member Number: 7628

This guy is a joke...he was looking for reasons as to why they would lose...even making up some bizarre reasons like the week 14 loss to the Clowns.

Next!

After reading the idiotic threads over the past couple of weeks, I ask the question - "Who is worse...Steeler fans or Eagles fans?" Keep in mind that Eagle fans do not know what it's like to win a SB much less 6 and 2 this decade.
The_WARDen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 07:16 PM   #7
Shoes
Team Captain
Supporter

Member Number: 6382

The Bears? Cutler has no WR or RB and Urlacher is an over rated turd!

Remember this one

Shoes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 07:32 PM   #8
jev7452
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 11286

give the guy some credit, he said he was only picking those games because he haddd to find losses to fit into the 11-5 projected recorded.. im gonna go ahead and count the brownies out though and go with 12-4
Old 06-02-2009, 10:55 PM   #9
Steeler in Carolina
Team President
Supporter

Member Number: 1634

I say 10-0 going in to the Ratbird game.
Steeler in Carolina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2009, 09:25 AM   #10
Dino 6 Rings
Living Legend

Member Number: 6891

Start 1-0 with a win over the Titans. that's all that matters. We would then get the tie-breaker over them come playoff time. Plus giving them a 0-1 start would be a very nice way to blow up their locker room with Mr Vince Young already flapping his yap.