Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Miscellaneous > Locker Room

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Giants Giants
August 9th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 05-26-2009, 08:29 AM   #11
fansince'76
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 1984
Default Re: World's Dumbest: Animal Encounters

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelwall View Post
I had to laugh when I read that part.

Yes... come to our zoo, and get eaten by a real live polar bear...fun for the whole family!!!!
Quote:
Binky kept the woman's shoe for three days before it could be retrieved by zoo officials, and the day after the attack a news photographer took the iconic image of Binky with a shoe in his mouth that was printed in almost every press account of the incident.

I also understood at the time that the teenager that landed in the hospital with "leg lacerations" suffered a bit more than just that - local rumor had it at the time (which I believed) that he lost the "family jewels" in the exchange as well.

fansince'76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2009, 02:24 PM   #12
Godfather
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 547

Quote:
Originally Posted by fansince'76 View Post

I also understood at the time that the teenager that landed in the hospital with "leg lacerations" suffered a bit more than just that - local rumor had it at the time (which I believed) that he lost the "family jewels" in the exchange as well.

That would have qualified him for a Darwin Award.
Godfather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2009, 04:20 PM   #13
Dino 6 Rings
Living Legend

Member Number: 6891

I can totally relate to this post.

Seriously, wtf is wrong with people.

Florida, Here's a suggestion if you live in Florida or Australia. Don't SWIM IN THE FCKING LAKES! Seriously. Gators and Crocs will EAT YOU.

Africa, Don't get out of the truck, the Lions will FCKING EAT YOU!

Elephants, Don't hit the Elephant with a stick at the zoo while "training it" its is eventually going to get tired of it and STOMP ON YOU.

Don't going camping in BEAR Country. Don't go Swiming in SHARK Invested Water. Don't go hiking in TIGER JUNGLE. Seriously. Don't go looking for the BLACK MAMBA SNAKE. Don't go hunting the Giant Anaconda!

People are So freaking dumb.

Now, I feel bad for the people that get stalked by a mountain line while having a hike in the woods and have to fight for their lives. But the guy who goes to Grizzly Island and lives with the Bears only to eventually be eaten by one, yeah, that's YOUR BAD DUDE!

I think after work I'll going hiking in WOLF PARK then make take a Dip in GATOR POND.
Old 05-26-2009, 04:44 PM   #14
Dino 6 Rings
Living Legend

Member Number: 6891

Another example, I'm watching this "Monster Quest" show the other day, which in itself is a recipe for disaster. So these idiots are looking for a Giant Octopus. They are looking in the area where there are Giant Pacific Octopus and one dude is telling a story how a 50lb Octopus worked him over and tried to rip off his mask and rip out his air hose after attaching itself to his face. So what is this moron doing? Looking for one that has a 200 foot span with its arms and weights a couple tons. Hey stupid, what are you going to do if you actually find the freaking thing?
Old 05-26-2009, 06:12 PM   #15
steelwall
Head Coach

Member Number: 8225

Quote:
Originally Posted by fansince'76 View Post

I mean....maybe build a new fence??? Call me crazy but seems kinda like a good idea. How many people have to lose their tea-bags before you think this could be a problem....
Old 05-26-2009, 06:16 PM   #16
steelwall
Head Coach

Member Number: 8225

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dino 6 Rings View Post

Florida, Here's a suggestion if you live in Florida or Australia. Don't SWIM IN THE FCKING LAKES! Seriously. Gators and Crocs will EAT YOU.

Elephants, Don't hit the Elephant with a stick at the zoo while "training it" its is eventually going to get tired of it and STOMP ON YOU.

Don't going camping in BEAR Country. Don't go Swiming in SHARK Invested Water. Don't go hiking in TIGER JUNGLE. Seriously. Don't go looking for the BLACK MAMBA SNAKE. Don't go hunting the Giant Anaconda!

Now, I feel bad for the people that get stalked by a mountain line while having a hike in the woods and have to fight for their lives. But the guy who goes to Grizzly Island and lives with the Bears only to eventually be eaten by one, yeah, that's YOUR BAD DUDE!

I think after work I'll going hiking in WOLF PARK then make take a Dip in GATOR POND.
I agree.... I mean you might as well be playing Russian Roulette with a loaded revolver probably about the same odds.

I've allways said it... I never trust an animal bigger than me... thats why I do not ride horses.... If I can't beat the anamils arse, then I'm not taking the chance of getting mauled.

Well who said tree hugging isnt dangerous job?
Old 05-26-2009, 08:11 PM   #17
JEFF4i
Banned

Member Number: 10645

Quote:
Another example, I'm watching this "Monster Quest" show the other day, which in itself is a recipe for disaster. So these idiots are looking for a Giant Octopus. They are looking in the area where there are Giant Pacific Octopus and one dude is telling a story how a 50lb Octopus worked him over and tried to rip off his mask and rip out his air hose after attaching itself to his face. So what is this moron doing? Looking for one that has a 200 foot span with its arms and weights a couple tons. Hey stupid, what are you going to do if you actually find the freaking thing?
You be quiet, I love MonsterQuest!

So what if they get eaten, at least I'll sees me a 200 foot octopus!
JEFF4i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2009, 08:22 PM   #18
SCSTILLER
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 4202

Quote:
Originally Posted by JEFF4i View Post
You be quiet, I love MonsterQuest!

So what if they get eaten, at least I'll sees me a 200 foot octopus!
Just thinning out the herd! Oh, and we get to see a 200 foot octopus!

Last edited by SCSTILLER; 05-26-2009 at 08:23 PM. Reason: Herd, not heard!
SCSTILLER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2009, 08:25 PM   #19
SCSTILLER
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 4202

Oh yeah, down here in Charleston a couple of years ago a guy died while water skiing. The place he went water skiing is known as gator and water mocassin city. So, this idiot is doing some slalom, and when he wipes out and goes tumbling, he tumbles right into a bed of mating water mocassins. I think the article stated that he had over 500 bites on him! Yes, he is D E D Ded!
Old 05-26-2009, 08:44 PM   #20
MACH1
Quest For Seven
Supporter

Member Number: 3236
Thanked 4,458 Times in 1,672 Posts

Quote:

Here's another one. While in Yellowstone (or where ever) don't try to pet, feed or get close and take pictures of the cute lil buffalo. They'll stomp your ass into a mud hole. More people get killed that way every year.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
MACH1 is offline   Reply With Quote