Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

Old 05-26-2009, 04:35 PM   #1
thumper
Banned

Member Number: 13415
Default If you had the choice?

Leaving out the Super Bowls of the 70s, if you had to choose would you rather have the history and future of Dallas, with their three Super Bowls in the 90s and all the dominance with that team, or would you prefer Pgh's 90s success (no rings but good teams) with the rings of the 90s?

Also in consideration is the fact that after Dallas won those 3 rings they have yet to win a single play off game since that time, plus had to endure a lot of horrible seasons as well. Dallas has since flirted with being a good team since, but they have yet to have any post season success, and, in my opinion, won't until Jones hires and gives authority to a real GM (not gonna happen) and he hires a real head coach (Phillips is a nice grandpa figure, but no real head coach with real head coach authority.)

In other words, would you take one less ring (again, ignoring the 70s for purposed of discussion) for a more consistent quality team, plus with a legit future of more rings?

I'd say it's a no brainer. I would hate to be a Cowboys fan as long as Jones owns and operates the team with a real head coach. The only reason that team has any talent is from the years of the Tuna's work. The further they get away from those season, the worst the team will get. Jones has shown zero ability to be a real GM. Look at how worthless this year's draft was.

I will take the 90s, 2000s of the Steelers over what Dallas has/is any day.

thumper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2009, 04:37 PM   #2
revefsreleets
Living Legend

Member Number: 5353
Default Re: If you had the choice?

Win with class versus win bigger with an "anything goes" attitude?

Easy.

Win with class, which means the Steelers all the way.
Old 05-26-2009, 04:39 PM   #3
HometownGal
Living Legend

Member Number: 2413

Huh??? 99.9% of the members here would choose the Steelers without a second thought, so what purpose does this thread really serve?

The Anti-Wahoo
HometownGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2009, 04:40 PM   #4
lamberts-lost-tooth
Banned

Member Number: 2363

I would take the worst season of the Steelers...over the best season in Dallas. Screw the rest of the thoughts on it.

lamberts-lost-tooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2009, 05:13 PM   #5
thumper
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by HometownGal View Post
Huh??? 99.9% of the members here would choose the Steelers without a second thought, so what purpose does this thread really serve?
Of course Steeler fans take our deal, but I was making a more balanced argument that could go down from a non-Steeler fan mindset, but even in the neutral vantage point, I take Pgh's 90's, 2000s and the future on out even if I were a fan of neither.

It's not so hard to understand, is it?
Old 05-26-2009, 05:15 PM   #6
fansince'76
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 1984
Thanked 1,380 Times in 499 Posts

Quote:
I'd say it's a no brainer. I would hate to be a Cowboys fan as long as Jones owns and operates the team with a real head coach.
Bingo. I wouldn't want anything to do with the Cowboys from 1989-onward primarily due to that asshat. I've hated the Cowboys since the '70s for obvious reasons, but I at least RESPECTED them before that clown took them over.
fansince'76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2009, 05:17 PM   #7
NJarhead
BewbmeisterExtraordinaire
Supporter

Member Number: 1932
Thanked 3,153 Times in 1,324 Posts
My Mood: Inspired

Quote:
Originally Posted by HometownGal View Post
ditto
Old 05-26-2009, 05:18 PM   #8
HometownGal
Living Legend

Member Number: 2413

Quote:
Originally Posted by thumper View Post
Of course Steeler fans take our deal, but I was making a more balanced argument that could go down from a non-Steeler fan mindset, but even in the neutral vantage point, I take Pgh's 90's, 2000s and the future on out even if I were a fan of neither.

It's not so hard to understand, is it?
On a Pittsburgh Steelers BB where 99.9% of the members are Steelers fans and aren't fond of the Cryboys, I still say what's the point??

Not hard to understand, is it?

The Anti-Wahoo
HometownGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2009, 05:27 PM   #9
thumper
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by fansince'76 View Post
Bingo. I wouldn't want anything to do with the Cowboys from 1989-onward primarily due to that asshat. I've hated the Cowboys since the '70s for obvious reasons, but I at least RESPECTED them before that clown took them over.
The reason I loath Jones is not because of his 1990s ways. I respect the fact that he knew enough to hire Jimmy and let him build that dynasty. The fact that the team had it's share of coke heads and prostitute-friendly players isn't what really turns me off. What rubs me the wrong way is how Jones had to be seen as the straw that stirred that drink, instead of letting the football men (Johnson and then Tuna) take worthy credit for their knowledge.

When I see ego gratification trump the success of an organization, it sickens me. Jones spent so many futile years trying to run the team after JJ, and then I thought he finally had enough of that and signed Tuna. But once again, his ego needs chased Tuna out of there and he will be back to sucking soon enough. The decision to sign - and keep TO - was purely Jones' move and it surely is what chased Tuna off. Now, another wasted season later, TO is gone and they never won a play off game since 1995.

My point is, even if we had a dynasty in the 90s like Dallas, it's not worth all the shit since and in the future. And I am saying that argument should be won with NON-Steeler fans as well.
Old 05-26-2009, 05:30 PM   #10
Dino 6 Rings
Living Legend

Member Number: 6891

I'll take the team that doesn't have back to back losing seasons and is ALWAYS in the playoff discussion at the begining of every single season.