Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Pittsburgh Sports > Pittsburgh Penguins

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

LOL

Old 05-29-2009, 08:13 PM   #41
Fire Haley
Banned

Member Number: 763
Thanked 1,098 Times in 768 Posts
Default Re: Pens VS Red wings part deux

Quote:
WTH is it with you people and the Gill-bashing lately?
It's personal. I watch all the games. He scares me.

but I do love the Wings fans

I am really nervous. The Pens actually look like the better team.

1. Detroit is tired from 7 game Duck series. That took a lot out of them and the pace of the Chi series hasn't let them recover. Detroit has been getting more injured and more tired as the playoffs have gone on while Pittsburgh has been gaining momentum and getting stronger and more confident. Now they get a measely two days off to face a young, totally amped, and fresh Pittsburgh, with a back to back, then a travel day, then game three. Holy heck!

2. Crosby and Malkin both have grown and drank the frikin Hulk juice since last year. We can stimey them all game then watch as they bust out 3 goals in 5 minutes to erase a 2-0 lead.

3. Since their new coach has arrived they have won 30 out of 42 games.

4. They know that if they win game one, they get a very tired Detroit team in a rockin crazy builidng in Pittsburgh for two games. They will come out like a bat outta hell, and our vets will come out after being injured and need to get used to the pace again. They will have to weather the first onslaught. Even with Ozzie standing on his head, it will be 2-0 before Detroit knows what hit them. Then a Pitt power play and its a very deep hole to climb out of for the entire series.

5. Detroit WILL NOT GET THE CALLS IN THIS SERIES. Even the guys on the Team 1040 in Vancouver have said that.

I'm preparing for an onslaught, and going down in defeat in 6 games. I'm sick to my stomache, and am going to be a mess...
Fire Haley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2009, 08:32 PM   #42
HometownGal
Living Legend

Member Number: 2413

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killer View Post
It's personal. I watch all the games. He scares me.
I go to a lot of the games and those I don't attend, I watch. I've been very pleased with his play. We'll have to agree to disagree on Mr. Gill.

Quote:
I'm preparing for an onslaught, and going down in defeat in 6 games. I'm sick to my stomache, and am going to be a mess...[/I][/B]
Sounds more to me like he's about to shit his skibbies. He'd better stock up on Depends.

The Anti-Wahoo
HometownGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2009, 09:56 PM   #43
HometownGal
Living Legend

Member Number: 2413

:thumbsup :

Atta boy Max!

http://www.freep.com/article/2009052...066/1053/rss17

Penguins' Talbot says it in French: I'd like to tell Hossa he chose wrong team

By STEVE SCHRADER • FREE PRESS SPORTS WRITER • May 29, 2009

Listen up, Penguins: You can’t escape the long arm of the octopus. And it has eight of ’em, n’est-ce pas? Like, don’t give an interview in French in Montreal and think it won’t get down here.

Brian Lipson, a Wings fan from West Bloomfield who now lives in Montreal, happening to be listening to Maxime Talbot being interviewed on a sports radio station there the other day. Brian sent along his translation of a couple Talbot quotes:

On playing against Marian Hossa: “There’s nothing I’d like more than to be able to shake Marian’s hand at the end of this series, look him in the eye and say, ‘You chose the wrong team.’”

• On whether the quick start to the finals will help the Pens: “We hope so and think so. We’re a bit younger and with less injuries, so we hope that gives us an edge.”

The quotes made their way onto a French site -- corussports.com -- too.

Now, compare those to the more diplomatic remarks Talbot made on those subjects down here (from video at the Penguins’ Web site):

• On Hossa: “He made a decision last summer, and he’s in the finals. He didn’t go for money or anything, so you gotta respect that. But he’s in our way right now, so we’ll have to play him hard.”

• On the quick start: “The sooner we can play, the better it is for us because I think we’re anxious. We’re ready. I think they’re going to be ready, too. It’s the Stanley Cup finals. It’s not that they’re going to be tired or anything."

The Anti-Wahoo
HometownGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2009, 12:46 AM   #44
brick
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 10691

I'd LOVE IT if we threw down the wings and the camera panned to Hossa's face as soon as it was over. and as amazing as it would be to win it in Pittsburgh, part of me wants to win in Detroit just for redemption reasons.

Bill Geurin is quickly becoming one of my new favorite Pens. that guy just knows how to win - I hate the Devils by principle but there's no questioning how amazing that team was when he was on it. stonewall d starting from brodeur and going up to geurin, stevens, and niedermayer, not to mention the rest of the team. i feel like he's added a whole new dimension of drive into the team. i love having players like him and Kunitz in the side, they've been there, done that, and I think they've been huge for us.
Old 05-30-2009, 02:37 AM   #45
Fire Haley
Banned

I just would like not to have to wait till Game 3 to see the Pens score a goal this time.
Old 05-30-2009, 03:05 AM   #46
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark
Supporter

Member Number: 658
Thanked 10,370 Times in 4,306 Posts

i agree. score a few points and have a goalie who dont trip coming out of the gates (literally)

we should be good.
Old 05-30-2009, 10:25 AM   #47
RoethlisBURGHer
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 370

Man, I live in Cleveland, smack dab between The Burgh and Detroit.

Now, I am a die hard lifelong Pens fan. I have a few customers that come into the gas station I work at that are die hard Red Wings fans. I would love to go into work tonight and tomorrow morning (I work third shift) just have a huge eat crap smile on my face for them (and Monday morning for that matter to).

I was at Great Lakes Mall in Mentor yesterday wearing my Pens hat, and five feet from me was a family wearing Red Wings gear. We had a good hokey conversation, and agree that this should be a great series.

Also, a close friend of mine is a Red Wings fan, her and I might not talk during the Finals.

Congrats to the 2009 Stanley Cup Champion Pittsburgh Penguins
RoethlisBURGHer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2009, 01:15 PM   #48
pittsburghp8baller
Head Coach
Supporter

Location: In A Place Where There Is No Other Hockey Fans!!!!!!
Member Number: 5365

Quote:
I just would like not to have to wait till Game 3 to see the Pens score a goal this time.
when i talk to other pens fans and they bring up the fact that if we were able to steal one of those games last year it would of been a different series. I say while thats true, first off we would needed to score to steal one of those games.

different year, different team this year. Sid and Geno have shedded there baby legs and shown why Sid has been hyped since he was 12 and Geno may be the most gifted hockey player in the world.

so excited for the game tonight, already got my kris letang shirt on. 8 o'clock cant come soon enough
Old 05-30-2009, 02:05 PM   #49
Fire Haley
Banned

Datsyuk, Draper will sit out Game 1 for Red Wings

The facts for Saturday's Game 1 (8 p.m. ET, NBC, CBC, RDS, NHL Radio) of the 2009 Stanley Cup Final are that BabC O c K S team will be without star center Pavel Datsyuk (foot injury) and Kris Draper, who has a groin pull. Defensemen Nick Lidstrom (lower-body injury) and Jonathon Ericsson (appendectomy), meanwhile, are available for the game against Pittsburgh at Joe Louis Arena.

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=424331
Old 05-30-2009, 02:22 PM   #50
pittsburghp8baller
Head Coach
Supporter

Location: In A Place Where There Is No Other Hockey Fans!!!!!!
Member Number: 5365

Quote:
Datsyuk, Draper will sit out Game 1 for Red Wings

The facts for Saturday's Game 1 (8 p.m. ET, NBC, CBC, RDS, NHL Radio) of the 2009 Stanley Cup Final are that BabC O c K S team will be without star center Pavel Datsyuk (foot injury) and Kris Draper, who has a groin pull. Defensemen Nick Lidstrom (lower-body injury) and Jonathon Ericsson (appendectomy), meanwhile, are available for the game against Pittsburgh at Joe Louis Arena.

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=424331
thats good news, both are former selke winners so that can def be a advantage to our PP