Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Miscellaneous > Locker Room

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

LOL

Old 05-29-2009, 04:26 PM   #41
Preacher
Living Legend

Member Number: 16327
Default Re: Question for the men

Quote:
Originally Posted by trauben View Post
I dunno ....... ......... its obvious people don't read the entire thread.

I give up.

I had an ex-girlfriend call me up after 15 years. This was before I was married. Turns out, she was just divorced... I think we all know where that was going.

I can think of one of two answers.

1. He hurt you or thinks he hurt you in some way and wants to apologize... not likely in what you said.

2. He wants to reconnect, rekindle, see if the grass IS greener on the other side, or just see how you are doing. Regardless, unless you are looking for a relationship are willing to be with him... except of course, for the fact that he is MARRIED... stay away. Far away.

Oh yeah, I thought about one other.... he is looking for a mutual friend. However, that is a GREAT excuse to talk to you to.

Who knows what is going through his head. But Pyscho-analyzing him doesn't matter. What matters is simply what you do.

RUN GRASSHOPPER RUN
Preacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2009, 05:05 PM   #42
Fire Haley
Banned

Member Number: 763
Thanked 1,098 Times in 768 Posts

Quote:

Yesterday morning I received an email from my sister.

It was a forwarded email that she received from MY old boyfriend in high school.

He was looking for me
Ah-hah, so assuming you're not a gay guy (not that there's anything wrong with that) and not just pretending to be a woman - the real question is you want us to tell you if your man will be jealous?

Depends, he might already have a mistress on the side, have you checked his phone records lately?
Fire Haley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2009, 05:11 PM   #43
MasterOfPuppets
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 1990
Thanked 4,182 Times in 1,773 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by xfl2001fan View Post
Not that it's any of your business, but I assume that she's the sister.
ya see what happens when you "assume" ?

"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first." -Thomas Jefferson

"The man who reads nothing at all is better educated than the man who reads nothing but newspapers." - Thomas Jefferson

MasterOfPuppets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2009, 05:16 PM   #44
MasterOfPuppets
Living Legend
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killer View Post
Ah-hah, so assuming you're not a gay guy (not that there's anything wrong with that) and not just pretending to be a woman - the real question is you want us to tell you if your man will be jealous?

Depends, he might already have a mistress on the side, have you checked his phone records lately?
i think you got it wrong.....the "DUDE" is married with kids, and is trying to get in touch with HER.

"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first." -Thomas Jefferson

"The man who reads nothing at all is better educated than the man who reads nothing but newspapers." - Thomas Jefferson

Old 05-29-2009, 05:26 PM   #45
Dino 6 Rings
Living Legend

Member Number: 6891

Ok, to establish.

Some dude is trying to get in touch with trauben, who is a woman.

The Dude is Married and has kids and is an exboyfriend of Trauben's.

Dude emailed Trauben's sister to track her down.

Now, with all this info, and the great advice that has been given, the question is, what has Trauben, decided to do? Did you email him back? Did you call him? Did you go out "for coffee" with the guy? Is he looking for Bone Marrow? Is he looking to be a shady dog and cheat on his family?
Old 05-29-2009, 05:29 PM   #46
Vincent
Team President
Supporter

Member Number: 10927

Quote:
You're married with kids and in your 40s.

Why would you seek out an old girlfriend from high school to get in contact with again when you never kept in contact outside of high school before?

This girlfriend isn't on any of the social networking sites, phone numbers are not listed, and she is not so easily found.

This is also a girlfriend that you once said you wanted to marry, but she ended it with you amicably because she was a couple years older and graduating high school and moving away.

Why would a guy make a bold move by sending an email to her sister to seek her out? Why would you do that? Just to meet up? Having problems in a marriage and wanting to know "what if?"

I need to pick your brains.
We've been happily married for 34 years. We never looked back.

On occasion, usually over drinks, we kid around with "what if?" She'd shoot me. I always said "get him in range and all is forgiven". We both know each other well enough to know it'd never happen.

That said, your scenario portends no good. Draw the offending party into safe range. Take a breath. Aim. Fire. Then, over drinks, toast the rest of your happy lives together.

"We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress & the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution,
but overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution."

Abraham Lincoln
Vincent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2009, 05:41 PM   #47
MasterOfPuppets
Living Legend
Supporter

so was ya bumpin ugly's in high school ? ....we need more details to form a more educated opinion....

Old 05-29-2009, 06:25 PM   #48
Fire Haley
Banned

Member Number: 763
Thanked 1,098 Times in 768 Posts

So trauben's gay lesbian ex-lover is trying to contact her? - I don't see a problem with that.
Fire Haley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2009, 06:55 PM   #49
SteelersinCA
Team Owner
Supporter

Member Number: 9302

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killer View Post
So trauben's gay lesbian ex-lover is trying to contact her? - I don't see a problem with that.
Ditto.
SteelersinCA is offline   Reply With Quote