Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Media

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Referees    Browns

Old 06-04-2009, 10:17 PM   #1
aslanartist
Water Boy

Member Number: 13667
Default Artist commissioned to do Steelers painting

Hello All,
I'm new to this forum and being a Steelers fan. I was asked to paint a large painting for a Steelers event coming to my town Richmond VA. It is very large 48 X 72 and I have used over 25 pounds of paint on it. I have posted a video on youtube and would like to get reactions from fans. Please comment on it. Thank you so much! Below you will find the web address.

Warm regards,
Ahmet Aslan

Last edited by aslanartist; 06-04-2009 at 10:48 PM.
aslanartist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2009, 12:01 AM   #2
steelwall
Head Coach

Member Number: 8225
Default Re: Artist commisioned to do Steelers painting

Being a 'beginning painter' myself....(at the urge of those who felt I needed to calm down...RA!!!!!RA!!!!!!) joking.

I know what you mean now about how much paint weighs. I took 3 of my painting for framing and after a few days the canvas started to sag, my guess was from the weight of the paint.

I guess my canvases are about 2 by 3and a half feet (Im in china just buy whatever I can get) but they are remarkably heavy once a painting is done, especially a good painting....(in my experience you change a good painting at least 3 times before you get on the right track) all that adds weight.

Cool though.... I'm not selling anything now, even though I know an Austrialian painter here in China that does hold openings and sells paintings and he says I could sell at least 4 of the paintings I've done.... We'll see I guess...

EDIT: by the way in China as I stated can't watch youtube here....sorry
Old 06-05-2009, 10:21 AM   #3
vasteeler
Team President

Member Number: 3341

Quote:
Originally Posted by aslanartist View Post
Hello All,
I'm new to this forum and being a Steelers fan. I was asked to paint a large painting for a Steelers event coming to my town Richmond VA. It is very large 48 X 72 and I have used over 25 pounds of paint on it. I have posted a video on youtube and would like to get reactions from fans. Please comment on it. Thank you so much! Below you will find the web address.

Warm regards,
Ahmet Aslan

i live in richmond myself what is this event you speak of, i havent heard of anything please fill me in
thanks
vasteeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 01:53 AM   #4
aslanartist
Water Boy

Member Number: 13667

The painting was presented at the Authur Ashe Center in Richmond on Friday 6/13. There was about 5 thousand people there it was to honor James Farrior who was given keys to the city. We gave a painting in private to the mayor and Steelers organization was given the painting. We did not want it given to one member of the team it should be shared with all steelers fans. I'm enclosing a picture of it. There is a new video of it at youtube.com/aaslanartist

Warm regards,
Aslan
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Steelers.jpg (191.3 KB, 11 views)
aslanartist is offline   Reply With Quote